77 replies to this topic

#11 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationMontford
HUDDLER

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:37 AM

This is a disaster. We've basically just thrown away the first three years of our once-in-a-lifetime gift of a franchise QB.

this is it right here.

#12 davos

davos

€∞€∞€∞€

• LocationCO
HUDDLER

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:41 AM

The one thing I am interested in knowing is how much Rivera knew or if he was prepared for something like this to happen.

Gettleman is signed being told we have a staff in place for next season...and then, the guy who runs and created our offense leaves. You've gotta think things are feeling uncomfortable already for him and now Rivera is going to either just promote Shula (yay?) or scramble to find a 1 year temp.

ugh

#13 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• LocationWilmington, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:43 AM

Yes, it seems like we've been screwed once again. Hard to believe that this wasn't foreseen. Who wants a more-than-likely temporary OC position other than someone who is inexperienced or who had their chance before and blew it and wants another one.

No top notch guys are gonna want to come here.

#14 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• LocationLa Grange, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:44 AM

This is a disaster. We've basically just thrown away the first three years of our once-in-a-lifetime gift of a franchise QB.

Cam went through four offenses in four years, and thrived in all of them. Hell, his worst struggles came when he was under the same scheme two years in a row. He's not Alex Smith, the kid can learn with the best of them.

#15 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:45 AM

The one thing I am interested in knowing is how much Rivera knew or if he was prepared for something like this to happen.

Gettleman is signed being told we have a staff in place for next season...and then, the guy who runs and created our offense leaves. You've gotta think things are feeling uncomfortable already for him and now Rivera is going to either just promote Shula (yay?) or scramble to find a 1 year temp.

ugh

he's turned being in over his head as an HC into an artform.

it's what i expect.

of course "it's a process".

meh.....

#16 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

Moderators

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:46 AM

Cam went through four offenses in four years, and thrived in all of them. Hell, his worst struggles came when he was under the same scheme two years in a row. He's not Alex Smith, the kid can learn with the best of them.

Yeah but I'm ready for him to go to the next level.

#17 rayzor

rayzor

Moderators

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:46 AM

yeah, let's just keep doing this.

winning formula.

#18 rayzor

rayzor

Moderators

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:47 AM

Yeah but I'm ready for him to go to the next level.

you know i think that fiery prophet just hinted that cam is better off with no continuity.

it's amazing the spinning that is going on.

#19 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• LocationLa Grange, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:49 AM

you know i think that fiery prophet just hinted that cam is better off with no continuity.

it's amazing the spinning that is going on.

I'm simply stating that Cam's not an idiot, he can absorb any changes made to the offense (which I don't think will be nearly as wide-ranging as the panic-meisters imagine it will be.)

#20 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• LocationWilmington, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:50 AM

I'm simply stating that Cam's not an idiot, he can absorb any changes made to the offense (which I don't think will be nearly as wide-ranging as the panic-meisters imagine it will be.)

I'm not worried about how Cam will perform... but the offense as a whole has to all be on the same page. Whoever we get, best thing they can do is let Cam be Cam... don't try to force him into some system and nitpick his mechanics. Let him play.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users