• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#31 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:12 AM

What's the likelihood that JR turns the table back on Rivera and lets him go due to the loss of Chud? He could easily use the "continuity" angle as to why he fires Rivera and just goes after a new HC and Staff... would make sense if (big 'if') it were to happen

Zero. JR likes to do the nice thing, not the right thing.

#32 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,237 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

You guys slay me. Most of you wanted Chud gone anyway. Now that he is gone you all act like the world is ending. LOL at this.

Or that we will be needing a new coaching staff next year anyway. This is not a fact of life. We very well could do well this year and in years to come. NO ONE knows what the future will bring. Well no one but the huddle experts.

There are quite a few offensive minded coaches out there. Just maybe we will hire one that can get us where we want to go. Ah who am I kidding, according to you folks that is impossible.

#33 Vampire the buffet slayer

Vampire the buffet slayer

Fat Alice's Dietitian

• HUDDLER
  • 2,176 posts
  • Locationunder an aluminum hat

I just dont get it.

Half the Rtards complaining about Chud leaving are some of the same Rtards who complained all year about the playcalling.

#34 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,734 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:15 AM

The offense as a whole struggled because everything had to be run through Cam. If we are serious about letting him develop into a truly elite quarterback he can't do everything, and his mechanics have to improve. I don't ever want to take away Cam's ability to break off long runs, and the read option should stay as a wrinkle, but if he's going to take the next step it's going to be throwing the ball, utilizing his running backs to open up play action, and doing the things expected of a pass-first quarterback who just happens to be able to rush for 100 yards.

Yeah, I'm not saying that the coaches shouldn't work on his basics and mechanics, I'm just saying don't go trying to "fix" everything. Cam is an instinctual, athletic QB... he gets it done how he does it. I think if a coach goes and tries to get him to start changing everything, he starts getting too mental and it hampers him.

Build the offense around Cam... don't forget that hey, we actually have some damn good RBs and throw most of that read-option crap out and only use it to keep the defenses on their heels, not as a base offense. Use all the weapons we have... Smitty, Olsen and the running game and get the ball to guys like Tolbert with screens and stuff in space. We didn't do that this season until the second half.

#35 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,237 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:19 AM

What's the likelihood that JR turns the table back on Rivera and lets him go due to the loss of Chud? He could easily use the "continuity" angle as to why he fires Rivera and just goes after a new HC and Staff... would make sense if (big 'if') it were to happen

Not going to happen. The only people thinking the world is ending are the huddle masterminds.

Way too many huddlers feel that we cannot find an OC that can run this ship. Or that even if we find one he will only be here one year. This is false logic brought to you by the same folks who hate everything anyway.

Nothing is good enough for some of you. Boo f-ing hoo. I am willing to wait to see how this plays out before I go all balistic on here. Unlike some who go balistic at the drop of the hat.

Ah, the interwebz. You gotta love it.

#36 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,500 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:23 AM

You guys slay me. Most of you wanted Chud gone anyway. Now that he is gone you all act like the world is ending. LOL at this.

Or that we will be needing a new coaching staff next year anyway. This is not a fact of life. We very well could do well this year and in years to come. NO ONE knows what the future will bring. Well no one but the huddle experts.

There are quite a few offensive minded coaches out there. Just maybe we will hire one that can get us where we want to go. Ah who am I kidding, according to you folks that is impossible.

Not sure you get it.

#37 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,500 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:24 AM

I just dont get it.

Half the Rtards complaining about Chud leaving are some of the same Rtards who complained all year about the playcalling.

better the devil you know

#38 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,403 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:26 AM

If i was Chico, I'd throw in the white flag and resign. Go to Cleveland to be DC.

He has nothing to prove in 2013.

#39 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:57 AM

This would be the best thing for the long-term future of this franchise. I'd be shocked if it happened.

If you think this has any chance of happening you know less about Richardson than I do and dont know anything.

#40 catfang

catfang

• HUDDLER
  • 6,191 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:12 AM

If you think this has any chance of happening you know less about Richardson than I do and dont know anything.

Did you miss the part where I said I'd be shocked if it happened?

#41 vorbis

vorbis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:18 AM

good lord, guys, there are scores of professional football junkies who can do just fine as panthers' OC given the panthers' tools. steel your spine. i seriously doubt there will be enough potential OC's who stay away from this job because it *might* be a one year thing that it will make a difference. not like that is unique in the NFL? even if shula is promoted (my personal worst case scenario) there will be plenty of ammunition for the panthers to be a playoff team. the sky is not falling, ffs.

#42 Fan01

Fan01

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:11 PM

There's plenty of evidense that Rivera has turned the corner and is now a better choice becuase of the mistakes and challanges he's made in the last two years. I'm sure Jerry belives that and I do too.

Chud is a really good OC despite the pitfalls of last season and I hated to see him leave but we all thought he'd be gone last year. Every team goes through loosing coordinators. It's part of having quality people on your staff.

Can we still have a potent offense next year? Yes. Can it be even better than last year? Yes. Look at the tools on offensie that an OC has to work with. There are a lot of very potent weapons here. A OC is only one piece that leads to a high powered, great offense and just becaues we had to replace that one part doesn't mean the whole thing is going in the toilet.

My wish would be to stick with the same or very similar scheme that we run now because the Coryell system fits our personal. And I think we will. If we bring in an OC who's an expert in the West Coast Offense then I'll start getting nervous.

#43 Verge

Verge

Huddle Troll Legend

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:15 PM

Cam Newton alone is enough reason for any OC to want to come here and jump start his path to a head coaching job. See: Rob Chudzinski

#44 panthersphan

panthersphan

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,481 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:22 PM

How is Shula unknown when he was an Offensivr Coord for Tampa in the 90s and a Head Coach for Alabama in the 2000s ? Just sayin

#45 cultclassiccat

cultclassiccat

flash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,501 posts
  • LocationG spot

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:26 PM

<<<<<--------- thinks we are doing a good job considering chud never wanted to stay and RR's learning curve as a HC.

*runs*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.