• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#61 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,956 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:22 PM

lol. hell let's hire Denny Green, since it's unknown if he's improved after the 12 times he's been fired before.

A lot of time has passed since he stunk it up as an OC/HC

I would hope he's better now but it's an unknown.

I'm sure the Patriots and Seahawks are glad they tried a retread.

#62 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,757 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

is it still possible Gettlemen outs Ron and bring in another staff or is he handcuffed by Jerry's couple of words? They are just words...

#63 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,344 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

an offensive coordinator who wants to interview as next HC...

Yeah, that's about it... someone who's definitely looking to move up/on after next season.

#64 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:26 PM

aww someones still butt hurt

About?

Is it the marriage that's getting to you? You're starting to make me reconsider proposing...

#65 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:31 PM

JR is Al Davis minus the SB wins and years of greatness.

#66 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 10,791 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:44 PM

I think the team knew this was happening. That's why the WR coach and RB coach were let go, so a new OC could bring in his guys.

Ive been driving the Whisenhunt bandwagon for a good two months now. I definitely do not want Shula being promoted. Are the same people hyperventilating about Shula the same people who hyperventilated about Beane?

I think Jerry realizes he's in "win now" mode. He won't go with Shula unless its pure desperation.

#67 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,558 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:57 PM

http://www.theonion....eadline:default

#68 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,437 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

Well, hopefully Gettleman brings in some top players to make up for the absence of coaching that we will yet again suffer next season.

Oh yeah, and it is up to Gettleman to hire the OC unless JR meddles, right? So, maybe we do get a guy who knows how to call plays and doesn't get caught up in being cute, or maybe Shula will best know how to call plays for the offense because he has worked most closely with Cam for two years.

Still plenty to be hopeful for. If the players are good enough and the OC is decent-good, we will win next year. Now, the bad part about that is Rivera will get credit for it.

#69 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• HUDDLER
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:41 PM

ughh, your shriveled manhoods disgust me. Go eat some sweets, fatties, you'll feel better again soon.

#70 TbTeRRoR

TbTeRRoR

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:27 PM

I think the team knew this was happening. That's why the WR coach and RB coach were let go, so a new OC could bring in his guys.

Ive been driving the Whisenhunt bandwagon for a good two months now. I definitely do not want Shula being promoted. Are the same people hyperventilating about Shula the same people who hyperventilated about Beane?

I think Jerry realizes he's in "win now" mode. He won't go with Shula unless its pure desperation.

This^ I mean come on guys you act like no one could have even considered this happening. I'm sure JR, Rivera, and Gettlmen( sorry sp his name not familiar with it yet) knew this was likely to happen.

#71 Beast_3000

Beast_3000

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:50 PM

Not sure if this has been shared yet ... I know we have Rivera, but it looks like the reason Jon Gruden has been staying in the booth is because he wants the Carolina job if Rivera is ever fired.

http://www.cbssports...-coach-openings

#72 Wine&Cheese

Wine&Cheese

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

How is Shula unknown when he was an Offensivr Coord for Tampa in the 90s and a Head Coach for Alabama in the 2000s ? Just sayin

...and didnt win jack shyyt in either place. Pass on Shula.

#73 Mage

Mage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

"Hey Mr Richardson....no backsies."

There is no continuity on this team. There is no momentum going into next year.

It irritates me to no end that Jerry "Al Davis" RIchardson made the call on Rivera before the GM was hired. Cheap Ass

Shula is an unknown.

Rivera has a built in excuse for 2013 already.

Bring in Gruden.

Oh yes, it is Richardson's fault Chud got hired!

And considering Gettleman had no issue taking this job, who is to say he didn't want Rivera to stay anyway? Better yet, you tell me. Who out there would have been a dramatically better option? By the way, this is coming from a guy who isn't a Rivera fan. But I'm interested in knowing who you think logically would be that much better than just keeping Rivera. Andy Reid? No team has taken an interest in Gruden. Cowher has made it clear he's not returning. Whisenhunt? The guy who couldn't do anything without Warner? I'm really all ears.

Everyone always has a complaint but nobody ever has a solution. I like how people are intent on bashing Richardson for every little thing. Well now is your chance. What do you think should have been done? If we fire Rivera, who would you have wanted as the new head coach? I mean look at all the teams out there struggling to find a good option at HC already.

And I have no idea on how JR deciding to keep a HC before a GM is hired is in any way cheap, especially considering if Rivera hadn't ended the season with the team performing so well, he would have been fired.

#74 Mage

Mage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:53 PM

Better yet, why do people think bringing in Gruden would be a smart idea?

1) No team has even taken interest in him. That is saying something.

2) People on this site always complain that they don't to sit through mediocrity any longer. Well holy poo, do you really think Gruden is going to change that? Tampa Bay wasn't anything but mediocre with him outside of a 2002 season in a year where the NFL wasn't even that good and he had a bunch of talent already on that squad. From '03-'08, TB only had 1 10+ win season and 0 playoff wins. Who is to say Rivera is really any different than Gruden?

#75 Mage

Mage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:57 PM

A lot of time has passed since he stunk it up as an OC/HC

I would hope he's better now but it's an unknown.

I'm sure the Patriots and Seahawks are glad they tried a retread.

On that same token, why do you seem intent on not allowing Rivera to improve? If those guys can improve, and according to you Dennis Green can improve, why not Rivera? Especially since the coaching of this team got dramatically better down the stretch. We were actually going for the throat in games rather than sitting back.

You don't need to be fired to improve as a coach. Which is why I don't understand why you seem 100% positive Rivera will never progress.

And I'm not even a fan of Rivera. I just find the double standard, and quite frankly whining, to be ridiculous.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com