Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey fellas..It's gonna be ok

31 posts in this topic

Posted

I was neutral to Chud leaving, it doesn't bother me - just like it wouldn't have bothered me if he stayed. I sure as poo didn't want Norv hasn'thadagoodoffensesince1993 Turner to be the next OC.

I think Shula could be promoted without much drop off, and it might be an improvement. Otherwise any other OC that is versed in the Coryell offense would be fine with me. Get some up and comer positional coach, if you don't want Shula, who doesn't mind taking a potential one year flyer on the hopes of success and a long term position.

1 person likes this

Posted

fire ron

Posted

We also played scrubs too!

We lost to teams with good defenses. They shut down that read option and Chud wouldn't adjust. Other than the Giants and Denver all we needed was one more scoring drive to win. That's a fuging 14-2 record

Posted

You could see the disgust on Cam's face when he got the read option calls from the booth.

Posted

If you go by the majority of huddlerz, Chud and Norv are the only two OCs worth having. LOL at this.

There is no proof we are doomed.

Posted

If we land Norv than yes, Chud can take a hike. If Chud gets Norv, I will say letting him go was a mistake because I don't see a better alternative.

Posted

If we land Norv than yes, Chud can take a hike. If Chud gets Norv, I will say letting him go was a mistake because I don't see a better alternative.

Anybody that doesn't run the read option 100 times a game against the most athletic defenders in the world, Craig!! The world!

Posted

Anybody that doesn't run the read option 100 times a game against the most athletic defenders in the world, Craig!! The world!

Top Flight Security.

Posted

I think a lot of the freaking out is because keeping Rivera really only had one large plus - continuity. Now that that plus is gone, we're looking at a scenario where the offense needs to learn possibly two systems in two years.

Posted

We lost to teams with good defenses. They shut down that read option and Chud wouldn't adjust. Other than the Giants and Denver all we needed was one more scoring drive to win. That's a fuging 14-2 record

It's funny because every team in the NFL can say this too.

Posted

I think a lot of the freaking out is because keeping Rivera really only had one large plus - continuity. Now that that plus is gone, we're looking at a scenario where the offense needs to learn possibly two systems in two years.

The good thing about Cam and why most of us wanted him here was because of his ability to improvise on broken plays. His decision making has greatly improved and the rest of the offense are seasoned vets that can gel in the offseason. Unless someone comes in with a system wilder than Chud's I wouldn't be too worried.

Posted

The good thing about Cam and why most of us wanted him here was because of his ability to improvise on broken plays. His decision making has greatly improved and the rest of the offense are seasoned vets that can gel in the offseason. Unless someone comes in with a system wilder than Chud's I wouldn't be too worried.

I'm not that worried honestly. If anything, Rivera is going to run a simple/streamlined offense to minimize the impact of a new OC. He really does need to win to stay put. I think the team will do well with some of Chud's "I'M SMARTER THAN ALL OF YOU BITCHES" trickery removed.

I want us to be an offensive team and would love to eventually get a smart, o-focused HC but think we'll be better off this season leaning on the strong D Rivera/McDermott built and actually using our RBs more than 8 times per game.