30 replies to this topic

#16 ncmonzta

ncmonzta

CBA=Offer U Can't Refuse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:51 AM

You could see the disgust on Cam's face when he got the read option calls from the booth.

#17 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,234 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:54 AM

If you go by the majority of huddlerz, Chud and Norv are the only two OCs worth having. LOL at this.

There is no proof we are doomed.

#18 ckad79

ckad79

Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:57 AM

If we land Norv than yes, Chud can take a hike. If Chud gets Norv, I will say letting him go was a mistake because I don't see a better alternative.

#19 ncmonzta

ncmonzta

CBA=Offer U Can't Refuse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:01 AM

If we land Norv than yes, Chud can take a hike. If Chud gets Norv, I will say letting him go was a mistake because I don't see a better alternative.

Anybody that doesn't run the read option 100 times a game against the most athletic defenders in the world, Craig!! The world!

#20 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,535 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:02 AM

Anybody that doesn't run the read option 100 times a game against the most athletic defenders in the world, Craig!! The world!

Top Flight Security.

#21 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• HUDDLER
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:08 AM

I think a lot of the freaking out is because keeping Rivera really only had one large plus - continuity. Now that that plus is gone, we're looking at a scenario where the offense needs to learn possibly two systems in two years.

#22 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• HUDDLER
  • 2,011 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:13 AM

We lost to teams with good defenses. They shut down that read option and Chud wouldn't adjust. Other than the Giants and Denver all we needed was one more scoring drive to win. That's a fuging 14-2 record

It's funny because every team in the NFL can say this too.

#23 ncmonzta

ncmonzta

CBA=Offer U Can't Refuse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:16 AM

I think a lot of the freaking out is because keeping Rivera really only had one large plus - continuity. Now that that plus is gone, we're looking at a scenario where the offense needs to learn possibly two systems in two years.

The good thing about Cam and why most of us wanted him here was because of his ability to improvise on broken plays. His decision making has greatly improved and the rest of the offense are seasoned vets that can gel in the offseason. Unless someone comes in with a system wilder than Chud's I wouldn't be too worried.

#24 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• HUDDLER
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:25 AM

The good thing about Cam and why most of us wanted him here was because of his ability to improvise on broken plays. His decision making has greatly improved and the rest of the offense are seasoned vets that can gel in the offseason. Unless someone comes in with a system wilder than Chud's I wouldn't be too worried.

I'm not that worried honestly. If anything, Rivera is going to run a simple/streamlined offense to minimize the impact of a new OC. He really does need to win to stay put. I think the team will do well with some of Chud's "I'M SMARTER THAN ALL OF YOU BITCHES" trickery removed.

I want us to be an offensive team and would love to eventually get a smart, o-focused HC but think we'll be better off this season leaning on the strong D Rivera/McDermott built and actually using our RBs more than 8 times per game.

#25 ncmonzta

ncmonzta

CBA=Offer U Can't Refuse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:28 AM

It's funny because every team in the NFL can say this too.

Every team lost 7 games by a total of 30 points?

#26 Goondal

Goondal

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationHighlands Ranch, CO

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:37 AM

Agreed. I know that is the reason I was initially bothered by the news. I now reserve judgement until a replacement is named.

#27 panthersphan

panthersphan

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,480 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:17 PM

I'm glad he's gone to be honest...

"Same plays by the same director."

#28 Salvo

Salvo

BEWB

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:22 PM

I'll wait for the replacement before freaking out like the rest on this board.

I suspect Rivera will fight hard to get the exact guy for the job that he wants considering his circumstance next year.

#29 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

• HUDDLER
  • 2,210 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:52 PM

Hysteria is more rewarding to some I guess.

Football is won and lost in the lines....fix those and even a simple offense will work, average receivers get open, and an average d backfield looks better.

We have running backs to run the ball consistently and Newton to run it occasionally.

I don't want Newton taking the same type of beating as everyone's other favorite 'pistol' QB.

#30 ickmule

ickmule

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,325 posts
  • LocationNorth Myrtle Beach

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:02 PM

I'm glad he's gone to be honest...

"Same plays by the same director."

Seems everyone has forgotten that which Cam threw out. I agree, I'm not worried about Chud leaving.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.