Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cam Newton was a "different guy" heading into 2012 per Ross Tucker (called out his work ethic)

92 posts in this topic

Posted

Could be true Cam was poo for the first half of the season.

Or...maybe it was because Chud was Poo at the first half of the season.

To think you actually went two weeks with trying to find some way of dragging down Cam with some stupid media story and accusations from "unnamed sources." I guess two weeks is longtime for some of you.

Posted

In all honesty, Cam behavior is no different than any of the other players. He's just made to appear that way because the media wants to mold him into an image that isn't really him.

I've always gotten the impression that the stereotyping of these players are done mostly because that is how some really want to see them. I wouldn't be surprised if The Golden Calf of Bristol is more the "me first," selfish QB who feels he's entitled to be a starting QB despite his weakness and Cam is more like Peyton Manning. But, how many of you would easily accept that reality?

Two examples that readily comes to mind:

1. Cam at the pro-bowl wearing his jersey out of his pants. Media and fans alike complained. Only to find out that Rodgers and Brees both did the same thing. Apparently the NFC QBs agreed to do something different.

2. Remember the whole "OMG Cam charges for his autograph?!!" Only to find out that The Golden Calf of Bristol does the same. Well except, he charges much more. Likewise, both Mannings, Rodgers, Brees, and Brady charges too. And yep. They charged more.

I could list more, but I think we get the point.

4 people like this

Posted

Not one person has questioned Cams work ethic since he joined the league...

And for season 2 : DID YOU NOT SEE THAT GATORAID COMMERCIAL? He is in the 5th quarter..

He only does commercials if they film him working out...Beats by Dre and Windows phone commercial? Holograms

Posted

1. Cam at the pro-bowl wearing his jersey out of his pants. Media and fans alike complained. Only to find out that Rodgers and Brees both did the same thing. Apparently the NFC QBs agreed to do something different.

2. Remember the whole "OMG Cam charges for his autograph?!!" Only to find out that The Golden Calf of Bristol does the same. Well except, he charges much more. Likewise, both Mannings, Rodgers, Brees, and Brady charges too. And yep. They charged more.

Agreed.

The media wants Cam to be this yes sir.. Oh gosh this is so great im so humble.. rather than a guy who has that basketball court trash talking style and has miles of confidence. They want him to be The Golden Calf of Bristol...if Cam did the Arron Rogers title belt he would totally be slammed for it.. If he won a super bowl of course.. It would be well deserved if he didnt.

Posted

Agreed.

The media wants Cam to be this yes sir.. Oh gosh this is so great im so humble.. rather than a guy who has that basketball court trash talking style and has miles of confidence. They want him to be The Golden Calf of Bristol...if Cam did the Arron Rogers title belt he would totally be slammed for it.. If he won a super bowl of course.. It would be well deserved if he didnt.

Yep. The celebrating 1st downs is certainly another example. Rodgers does the same thing. When he runs for a first down. Celebrating ensues. The Championship belt. Even Brady celebrates running for first downs.

Of course, Newton doing such a thing reveals a flawed character.

3 people like this

Posted

Yes! Articles like this is clearly part of your point. Done for no other reason but to help Chud's image while continuing the negative painting of Cam's.

There is no way a talent like Cam could also be a hard worker. Nope, he is made to look like he rests on his talent because that is how many folks want to see him.

3 people like this

Posted

Yep. The celebrating 1st downs is certainly another example. Rodgers does the same thing. When he runs for a first down. Celebrating ensues. The Championship belt. Even Brady celebrates running for first downs.

Of course, Newton doing such a thing reveals a flawed character.

RG III can say whatever he wants and very little is made of it. Same with Matthews, Gabbert and The Golden Calf of Bristol. As I've said before, the media holds Cam to the fire as if they are using him to get back at those who they refuse to go after because they have held them up in very high regards without first letting them prove themselves.

1 person likes this

Posted

RG III can say whatever he wants and very little is made of it. Same with Matthews, Gabbert and The Golden Calf of Bristol. As I've said before, the media holds Cam to the fire as if they are using him to get back at those who they refuse to go after because they have held them up in very high regards without first letting them prove themselves.

Remember when RGIII did his little griffin when he scored his TD against us still down 8 with less than like 40 seconds on the clock with no chance for them to win? Nobody said poo but then when cam did a celebration against the giants after driving down for a score IN THE BEGINNING OF THE SECOND HALF it's a national travesty... And yes i know he played like crap for the majority of that game but there was still enough game time left to make a comeback at that point... Whoever doesn't see this bullcrap and recognize the double standard then they have a clear agenda...

1 person likes this

Posted

Embrace the hate....every sport needs someone to hate (even if it is a fictional slant).

Newton simply is a better player when people are against him. So? Who cares really...

Posted

The only thing Cam naysayers are holding on too is the fact that he hasnt really started winning, but when he does, its gonna be a wonderful feeling for this team.

Posted

The guy said Chud helped him with his work ethic. Y'all have some salt in your vaginas..

I can't help but notice no one has pointed out what the problem with his work ethic was...

1 person likes this

Posted

I bumped a thread in contrast to this one