Photo
- - - - -

Cam Newton was a "different guy" heading into 2012 per Ross Tucker (called out his work ethic)

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#46 Future Of The Franchise

Future Of The Franchise

The Ambassador of Booty

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,837 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:05 PM

This is some bullshit -.-

#47 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,765 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

What a joke why did you even post this?

#48 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • 2,596 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:44 PM

Uhhh, maybe nobody cared about Rob Chudzinski prior to today.

ESPN intern: "Hey Mort, I've got this guy on the phone who says that Rob Chudzinski is a good teacher."

Mort: "Great, put him on hold. I'm sure the producers of NFL32 will find this to be a riveting story that must be on television."

Do you honestly think that the media would sit on a story about Cam's poor work ethic during the beginning of our season?

#49 mr beauxjangles

mr beauxjangles

Large Member

• HUDDLER
  • 3,422 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

Do you honestly think that the media would sit on a story about Cam's poor work ethic during the beginning of our season?

Cam Newton's work ethic was and has been discussed ad nauseam from pre-draft through today. The guy made a positive comment about Chud having a good influence on Cam, improving his work ethic, and everyone gets all bent out of shape. My point was simply that no one would have cared enough about Rob Chudzinski before today. It's true. When news breaks, reports go looking for stories and quotes and call the people whose numbers they have to look for reactions. Big frickin deal. The guy didn't insult Cam. Get a grip.

#50 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

We dominated time of possession though!

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,969 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

You've heard of Hypno-Toad now we have Hypno-Nipples.

well i was thinking more of really really big man but that works too

#51 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • 2,596 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

Cam Newton's work ethic was and has been discussed ad nauseam from pre-draft through today. The guy made a positive comment about Chud having a good influence on Cam, improving his work ethic, and everyone gets all bent out of shape. My point was simply that no one would have cared enough about Rob Chudzinski before today. It's true. When news breaks, reports go looking for stories and quotes and call the people whose numbers they have to look for reactions. Big frickin deal. The guy didn't insult Cam. Get a grip.

From the OP
"Tucker credits outgoing OC Rob Chudzinski with turning Newton around after his work ethic and commitment were spotty at the beginning of the season. "I think he did a fantastic job with Cam Newton last year, and even helping him recover this year," Tucker said of Chudzinski. "I had heard, even in training camp, that Cam Newton was a different guy from a work ethic standpoint. "

I'm not an apologist that thinks Cam can do no wrong, but if you don't think that this isn't a rip on Cam, then I don't think you read it.
The timing of the story is just strange. Cam has work ethic issues that Chud fixed and the media sat on this story until Chud leaves? It just seems weird to me.

#52 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,344 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:16 PM

LOL, isn't it funny how much Cam's work ethic improved when Rivera got a handle on the offensive playcalling during the bye???

#53 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,450 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:16 PM

It seems like every month someone has no new material, so they just go the bash Cam Newton route.

#54 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,344 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

So when Bradford goes through a sophomore slump, it's the coaches fault - but when Cam does it's because he's lazy.

See the double standard yet?

#55 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,344 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

The only thing Chud "pulled out" was his head out of his own ass, with some strong encouragement from coach Rivera.

#56 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,344 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

Ross Tucker is a sports writer that used to work for SI and ESPN, currently works for Sports USA. Also the host of SirusXM NFL channnel's morning show. Also works for NBC and is one of the host of NBC Sports Talk. Wonder who he got that from? Maybe it was from Chud?

Edit: He's a pretty damn smart guy, so I doubt he would've said anything unless it came from somewhere close to the team. That's why I said maybe Chud said something about it.

Ross Tucker has deadlines to meet like everyone else... so when every other angle of the coaching hire in CLE has already been discussed, you make one up at the expense of Cam since he's become the NFL's resident "bad guy".

See how easy that is?

#57 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,344 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

Cam was also the gunman on the grassy knoll back in '63 in-case you didn't know.

#58 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,475 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

Anyone notice that the people that just don't like Cam find every opportunity to find a slip up or a crack and pounce when it looks like something bad will happen. But when things are going good they are SILENT??

#59 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,732 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

Yeah, it's funny how bullshit about Cam always comes up months later.

#60 mr beauxjangles

mr beauxjangles

Large Member

• HUDDLER
  • 3,422 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

From the OP
"Tucker credits outgoing OC Rob Chudzinski with turning Newton around after his work ethic and commitment were spotty at the beginning of the season. "I think he did a fantastic job with Cam Newton last year, and even helping him recover this year," Tucker said of Chudzinski. "I had heard, even in training camp, that Cam Newton was a different guy from a work ethic standpoint. "

I'm not an apologist that thinks Cam can do no wrong, but if you don't think that this isn't a rip on Cam, then I don't think you read it.
The timing of the story is just strange. Cam has work ethic issues that Chud fixed and the media sat on this story until Chud leaves? It just seems weird to me.

The media didn't sit on any story. Chid was hired, a reporter went looking for a quote on Chud, and got one from this guy. He mentioned that Chud helped improve his work ethic. What's wrong with that? Everyone isn't out to get Cam. Chill. It's just a quote about Chud being respectable and helpful in Cam's development.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com