Photo
- - - - -

Cam Newton was a "different guy" heading into 2012 per Ross Tucker (called out his work ethic)

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#76 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,856 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:50 AM

Two examples that readily comes to mind:

1. Cam at the pro-bowl wearing his jersey out of his pants. Media and fans alike complained. Only to find out that Rodgers and Brees both did the same thing. Apparently the NFC QBs agreed to do something different.

2. Remember the whole "OMG Cam charges for his autograph?!!" Only to find out that The Golden Calf of Bristol does the same. Well except, he charges much more. Likewise, both Mannings, Rodgers, Brees, and Brady charges too. And yep. They charged more.

I could list more, but I think we get the point.

Agreed.

The media wants Cam to be this yes sir.. Oh gosh this is so great im so humble.. rather than a guy who has that basketball court trash talking style and has miles of confidence. They want him to be The Golden Calf of Bristol...if Cam did the Arron Rogers title belt he would totally be slammed for it.. If he won a super bowl of course.. It would be well deserved if he didnt.

#77 mcdougal

mcdougal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:05 PM

Agreed.

The media wants Cam to be this yes sir.. Oh gosh this is so great im so humble.. rather than a guy who has that basketball court trash talking style and has miles of confidence. They want him to be The Golden Calf of Bristol...if Cam did the Arron Rogers title belt he would totally be slammed for it.. If he won a super bowl of course.. It would be well deserved if he didnt.

Yep. The celebrating 1st downs is certainly another example. Rodgers does the same thing. When he runs for a first down. Celebrating ensues. The Championship belt. Even Brady celebrates running for first downs.

Of course, Newton doing such a thing reveals a flawed character.

#78 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,097 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:09 PM

Two examples that readily comes to mind:

1. Cam at the pro-bowl wearing his jersey out of his pants. Media and fans alike complained. Only to find out that Rodgers and Brees both did the same thing. Apparently the NFC QBs agreed to do something different.

2. Remember the whole "OMG Cam charges for his autograph?!!" Only to find out that The Golden Calf of Bristol does the same. Well except, he charges much more. Likewise, both Mannings, Rodgers, Brees, and Brady charges too. And yep. They charged more.

I could list more, but I think we get the point.

Yes! Articles like this is clearly part of your point. Done for no other reason but to help Chud's image while continuing the negative painting of Cam's.

There is no way a talent like Cam could also be a hard worker. Nope, he is made to look like he rests on his talent because that is how many folks want to see him.

#79 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,097 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:15 PM

Yep. The celebrating 1st downs is certainly another example. Rodgers does the same thing. When he runs for a first down. Celebrating ensues. The Championship belt. Even Brady celebrates running for first downs.

Of course, Newton doing such a thing reveals a flawed character.

RG III can say whatever he wants and very little is made of it. Same with Matthews, Gabbert and The Golden Calf of Bristol. As I've said before, the media holds Cam to the fire as if they are using him to get back at those who they refuse to go after because they have held them up in very high regards without first letting them prove themselves.

#80 Gabeking

Gabeking

• HUDDLER
  • 3,310 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:22 PM

RG III can say whatever he wants and very little is made of it. Same with Matthews, Gabbert and The Golden Calf of Bristol. As I've said before, the media holds Cam to the fire as if they are using him to get back at those who they refuse to go after because they have held them up in very high regards without first letting them prove themselves.

Remember when RGIII did his little griffin when he scored his TD against us still down 8 with less than like 40 seconds on the clock with no chance for them to win? Nobody said poo but then when cam did a celebration against the giants after driving down for a score IN THE BEGINNING OF THE SECOND HALF it's a national travesty... And yes i know he played like crap for the majority of that game but there was still enough game time left to make a comeback at that point... Whoever doesn't see this bullcrap and recognize the double standard then they have a clear agenda...

#81 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,241 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:27 PM

Embrace the hate....every sport needs someone to hate (even if it is a fictional slant).

Newton simply is a better player when people are against him. So? Who cares really...

#82 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,588 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:41 PM

The only thing Cam naysayers are holding on too is the fact that he hasnt really started winning, but when he does, its gonna be a wonderful feeling for this team.

#83 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:08 PM

The guy said Chud helped him with his work ethic. Y'all have some salt in your vaginas..

I can't help but notice no one has pointed out what the problem with his work ethic was...

#84 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 9,013 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

I bumped a thread in contrast to this one

#85 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 4,350 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

Here is the thing football how is it that in the career of every black QBs career the old questionable work ethic bull poo gets thrown around. Same with unable to read a defense.

I bet before Massah Chud straightened him out, Cam was just a shiftless boy.

#86 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,097 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

Embrace the hate....every sport needs someone to hate (even if it is a fictional slant).

Newton simply is a better player when people are against him. So? Who cares really...

I wouldn't mind if the hate was balanced with some reality and truthfulness but when you have folks in the media intentionally setting out to put down a player because they feel he's to successful and they don't like it, then there is a problem. Cam's success comes from hard work and believing in the man upstairs but the media tries to paint him as some sort of immature brat who is successful because of his talent and not hard work.

Yet others like Chud get to boost their resume by taking credit for what Cam is doing via his hard work. That pisses me off.

#87 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,097 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:17 PM

I can't help but notice no one has pointed out what the problem with his work ethic was...

They never do. Have't you notice that about the media when it comes to Cam or any of these players?

The media simply throw things out there against Cam and leave it up to the haters and others to read whatever conclusion they want into what they say about him. They then take some of the football fan's opinions that is inline with their agenda and add it to their talking point so not to look like they are picking on Cam but is only sharing the opinions of the football fans.

The psychology of our media never ends. But it's all good.

#88 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

• HUDDLER
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:27 PM

Heck this could be true. He was bad at the beginning of the year, but hopefully he's learned he can't do this again. He was a different player second half of the year.

#89 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 4,350 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:43 PM

I wonder what the media will say about Kaepernick's "taunting" penalty tomorrow?

I wonder that they would have said if Cam had done it?

#90 Gabeking

Gabeking

• HUDDLER
  • 3,310 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:17 AM

I bumped a thread in contrast to this one

Which thread?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.