Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rscott94

The Panthers Have Requested Permission to Interview Hue Jackson

PrimeTyme    76

He's not "from Oakland," he last worked with the Bengals defense. The Bengals had a very good defense this year.

so Hue wasnt the head coach of Oakland? Also we are looking at him for OC not DC, so his work with defenses is irrelevant

Fan01    548

I am also iffy on how Olsen is gunna fit into this mix considering he just came off his best year.

Now, that is funny.

Ever heart of Kellen Winslow (Sr.)?

He played TE for the Chargers when Don Coryell implemented his system although then it was just his vertical passing system. This guy and this system pretty much invented the idea of throwing to a big fast TE who linebackers could not match up to. There's a reason Olsen is blowing up in this system.

Go find and read this book by Ron Jaworski. It's got a fantastic chapter on Air Coryell and why it's the bee's knees. It was virtually unstoppable until Dick LaBeau came up the the zone blitz. If you want a deep passing attack there's no better system.

http://www.amazon.com/Games-That-Changed-Game-Evolution/dp/0345517962

rayzor    10,638

Hue Jackson from Oakland....

Shumur from the Browns....

2 horrible teams, that were worse than us....

this is where we are looking for our next OC?

no comment on shurmur. don't want him.

hue jackson, tho, was the only guy to make that team at all respectable in the past decade. he made their offense one of the best in the league and he's really well regarded from the little bit of reading i've done today.

rayzor    10,638

so Hue wasnt the head coach of Oakland? Also we are looking at him for OC not DC, so his work with defenses is irrelevant

i think this is the first year he's worked with defense. every program he's worked with has improved...at least every program that didn't shoot itself in the foot. he had the misfortune of being selected by petrino to help coach the falcons in what happened to be probably the biggest clusterf*ck in that franchises history (vick gets arrested and petrino quits and the team falls apart) and also the raiders who had a huge turnover at the top as in al davis dies and his moron son fires him.

he helped stephen davis become a stud, helped chad johnson and housh become one of the best WR duos in the league, and turned the raiders O from the worst in the league to a top 5.

Kevin Greene    12,228

I wouldn't mind having Hue Jackson or any OC that is well experienced in the Air Coryell offense. The biggest question is how will they use Cam's running ability. Because if you take that away, I believe you are handicapping him to a one dimensional player.

Well Tom Brady and Peyton Manning are One Dimensional and generally stay upright and unhurt.

At some point in the very near future I'd like to see Cam run maybe 6 times a game tops, figuring at least 4 of those are scrambles away from pressure in the pocket that stab the opposing Ds in the heart.

Steve Young used to murder defesnes with his scrambling ability.

I want Cam healthy long term.

Darknight    481

Well Tom Brady and Peyton Manning are One Dimensional and generally stay upright and unhurt.

At some point in the very near future I'd like to see Cam run maybe 6 times a game tops, figuring at least 4 of those are scrambles away from pressure in the pocket that stab the opposing Ds in the heart.

Steve Young used to murder defesnes with his scrambling ability.

I want Cam healthy long term.

They are one dimensional because they don't have the option to run unlike Cam does. You can rush the passer against guys like Brady and Manning (if you get there of course) but if you rush the passer against Cam, you'll end up looking silly.

The Huddler    11,249

I stopped reading when "power running" was the first thing mentioned about his offensive philosiphy.

whats wrong with that? Lets have a panzi offense that sounds great. Cam needs a run game

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    HoudinisHat