Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Panthers Have Requested Permission to Interview Hue Jackson

139 posts in this topic

Posted

I didn't get the joke...can you explain to some of the not as savvy football fans? Is that approach the Air Coryell?

Yes.

Posted

I didn't get the joke...can you explain to some of the not as savvy football fans? Is that approach the Air Coryell?

Yep. It's the core philosophy of the Coryell offense.

Posted

Then what the fug Cud was doing for the past two years? I didn't see any power run plays being ran that much. What the actual fug......

Posted

Then what the fug Cud was doing for the past two years? I didn't see any power run plays being ran that much. What the actual fug......

It's more about blocking scheme. Our designed runs (and some option runs) used Coryell power run blocking schemes.

Posted

It's more about blocking scheme. Our designed runs (and some option runs) used Coryell power run blocking schemes.

Sorry for over reacting....you guys know football. Time for me to call up Google.

Posted

I'm all for Hue as an OC. As a HC, no way. Hue loves himself some Hue wayyyy too much to be a HC.

Posted

I no if we hire Hue our O-line is gunna have to get a lot meaner and just better for him to work out. Other then the question of how he would utilize Cam I am also iffy on how Olsen is gunna fit into this mix considering he just came off his best year.

Posted

Well he can't seem to keep a job for over a year. Anyone know why that is?

Because the Raiders are stupid he had the Raiders trending up when he was their coach and the new GM chose his man to replace him and they became the sorry ass Raiders that we know today.

Posted

Sorry for over reacting....you guys know football. Time for me to call up Google.

Here's a basic primer...

Examining NFL Offensive Philosophies

It's written by a blogger, not an actual football guy, but it's got pretty good info on the basics of the major systems.

Posted

Hue Jackson from Oakland....

Shumur from the Browns....

2 horrible teams, that were worse than us....

this is where we are looking for our next OC?

Posted

I no if we hire Hue our O-line is gunna have to get a lot meaner and just better for him to work out. Other then the question of how he would utilize Cam I am also iffy on how Olsen is gunna fit into this mix considering he just came off his best year.

Here is Zach Miller's stats in 2010 when Jackson was the OC.

Games = 15

Games Started = 15

Receptions = 60

Yards = 685

Yards Per Reception = 11.4

Touchdowns = 5

Long = 43

Receptions/Catches Per Game = 4.0

Yards per Game = 45.7

EDIT - Cleaned it up a bit.

Posted

Hue Jackson from Oakland....

Shumur from the Browns....

2 horrible teams, that were worse than us....

this is where we are looking for our next OC?

He's not "from Oakland," he last worked with the Bengals defense. The Bengals had a very good defense this year.