#76 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,603 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

http://www.nfl.com/v...-FX-Hue-Jackson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2N1JNynMSc

i like this idea of being the bully. guy seems like an aggressive play caller.

#77 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

Hue will the the new OC by Monday.

The new HC in 2014

lol you really believe that....

#78 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 18,321 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

Would love this hire. Hopefully this will lure Jason Campbell to the team also.

#79 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,207 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

gettlemagic

#80 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,597 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

It's not unusual in the NFL for a coach to say "man, that guy was tough to coach against; wish he was on my team".

Rivera has coached in the same division against Jackson twice. The first was in 2003 when Rivera was with Philly and Jackson was the OC in Washington. The second was just two years ago when Jackson was the Raiders OC while Rivera was running the Chargers D.

My guess would be that dynamic's in play here.

#81 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,953 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:58 PM

#82 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

Hue Jackson's Resume

Marty Schottenheimer, Washington Redskins (2001) RB coach – Steven Davis 1432 yds
Steve Spurrier, Washington Redskins (2002–2003) RB coach, OC in 2003 -only person to call plays under Spurrier
Marvin Lewis, Cincinnati Bengals (2004–2006) WR coach, Ocho/TJ Housh tandem
Bobby Petrino, Atlanta Falcons (2007) OC – Vick suspended, Joey Harrington/Byron Leftwich
Emmitt Thomas (Interim), Atlanta Falcons (2007) OC, Petrino resigned
John Harbaugh, Baltimore Ravens (2008–2009) QB coach – rookie Flacco, 2 playoff wins 08, playoffs 09
Tom Cable, Oakland Raiders (2010) OC, 5th in NFL points, 10th total offense, McFadden 1157 yds 5.2 YPC 47 rec 507yds
Marvin Lewis, Cincinnati Bengals (2012-present) DB coach, ST coach assistant – 6th ranked pass def (total ypg) 14 INTs

#83 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,450 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

is he down with the cause though?

What cause? I'm not familiar with african american goings ons

#84 beastson

beastson

Big Money

• HUDDLER
  • 9,204 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

So I'm saying, where the hell is Norv?

#85 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,597 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

So I'm saying, where the hell is Norv?

On vacation in Hawaii.

And to be clear, the Panthers wouldn't have to ask permission to contact Turner because he's unemployed.

#86 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,046 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:15 PM

Would love to get Hue Jackson... very skilled and experienced coach.

#87 Darknight

Darknight

Official Rep Keeper

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • LocationKinston

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

I wouldn't mind having Hue Jackson or any OC that is well experienced in the Air Coryell offense. The biggest question is how will they use Cam's running ability. Because if you take that away, I believe you are handicapping him to a one dimensional player.

#88 vorbis

vorbis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:27 PM

i for one would question the wisdom of ANY prospective OC who doesn't want cam to keep doing what he's been doing on the ground. i would hope they are interested in being successful, and what cam does scrambling and with designed runs is a big part of that.

#89 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,603 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:27 PM

read a little bit about him in a surprisingly good article on bleacher report.

Hue Jackson's offensive philosophy revolves around the power running game and a vertical passing attack. His mentality is to bully the defense with the running game. He doesn't care if the defense knows exactly what their gonna do, they aren't going to stop it.
Unfortunately, the Raiders don't have the personnel, especially on the offensive line, to run this kind of offense. And it has showed occasionally with runs stuffed at the line of scrimmage.

The second part of his offensive style is the vertical passing game. Setting up the play-action and sending receivers on vertical routes taking strikes deep down the field.
In 2010, the Raider offense would improve notably under new offensive coordinator Hue Jackson. In 2009, the Raiders offense ranked 31st in both yardage and scoring. In 2010, Hue Jackson's first season with the Raiders, the Raiders would improve to 10th in yardage and seventh in scoring.

Additionally under Hue Jackson Raider stars Darren McFadden, Micheal Bush and Zach Miller would all have the most productive seasons of their careers. And FB Marcel Reece would have a breakout season. Before 2010 many were beginning to call Darren McFadden a bust, but now the critics have been silenced.

When asked if he was happy about the Raiders improvement Hue Jackson had this to say:
"No. Not pleased at all. We didn't win enough games, so I'm not pleased by any stretch of the imagination.
"When you don't make the playoffs and don't win your division there's nothing to feel good about," Jackson said.

Clearly Hue's work is not done, nor will he settle for mediocrity.

that last little bit is what i think will sell me the most. i think the style of offense fits who we are and have as a team. i like that he's aggressive, which is key for me. but this not accepting mediocrity, not feeling good about not reaching their goals of playoffs and winning the division...that's what i want more of. less silver lining crap. if you fail, own it and improve it. don't frikkin spin it to make yourself or the fans try to feel better about it.

right now i'd have to say that i like jackson more than norv. jackson seems hungrier. norv would just be a continuation of a culture of complacency that existed with fox and still exists with rivera.

if rivera were to fail next year, i think i would feel better about jackson as HC than a lot of other guys.

#90 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,603 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:29 PM

I wouldn't mind having Hue Jackson or any OC that is well experienced in the Air Coryell offense. The biggest question is how will they use Cam's running ability. Because if you take that away, I believe you are handicapping him to a one dimensional player.

i for one would question the wisdom of ANY prospective OC who doesn't want cam to keep doing what he's been doing on the ground. i would hope they are interested in being successful, and what cam does scrambling and with designed runs is a big part of that.

i think it would come more naturally to jackson than turner.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com