The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,067 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:30 PM

Hue will the the new OC by Monday.

The new HC in 2014

From one thread to another, it must be an involuntary reflex, you just can't stop from taking swipes at Rivera. Consider stopping, Chuckadamus, at least until the season starts.

#92 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,558 posts
  • LocationSC

Hue Jackson's offensive philosophy revolves around the power running game and a vertical passing attack.

I think there's a name for that approach :lol:

#93 Darknight

Darknight

Official Rep Keeper

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • LocationKinston

read a little bit about him in a surprisingly good article on bleacher report.

that last little bit is what i think will sell me the most. i think the style of offense fits who we are and have as a team. i like that he's aggressive, which is key for me. but this not accepting mediocrity, not feeling good about not reaching their goals of playoffs and winning the division...that's what i want more of. less silver lining crap. if you fail, own it and improve it. don't frikkin spin it to make yourself or the fans try to feel better about it.

right now i'd have to say that i like jackson more than norv. jackson seems hungrier. norv would just be a continuation of a culture of complacency that existed with fox and still exists with rivera.

if rivera were to fail next year, i think i would feel better about jackson as HC than a lot of other guys.

I wasn't sold on Hue Jackson but after reading that I'm pretty much sold. I gotta read up on other OC prospects suggesting by Mr. Scot

#94 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,625 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

lol it was bleacher report...can't get to technical.

#95 Darknight

Darknight

Official Rep Keeper

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • LocationKinston

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:35 PM

I didn't get the joke...can you explain to some of the not as savvy football fans? Is that approach the Air Coryell?

#96 sml1950

sml1950

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

It's good to see a coach who has done essentially everything on the offensive side, take a step back and learn how the defensive side is trying to stop the offense. This can give him new insight into what keys they are using to defeat certain plays. When he gets back on the offensive side, he should have a better understanding in designing plays to defeat the defense.

#97 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,615 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

I didn't get the joke...can you explain to some of the not as savvy football fans? Is that approach the Air Coryell?

Yes.

#98 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,558 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

Yep. It's the core philosophy of the Coryell offense.

#99 Darknight

Darknight

Official Rep Keeper

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • LocationKinston

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

Then what the fug Cud was doing for the past two years? I didn't see any power run plays being ran that much. What the actual fug......

#100 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,615 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

Then what the fug Cud was doing for the past two years? I didn't see any power run plays being ran that much. What the actual fug......

It's more about blocking scheme. Our designed runs (and some option runs) used Coryell power run blocking schemes.

#101 Darknight

Darknight

Official Rep Keeper

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • LocationKinston

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

It's more about blocking scheme. Our designed runs (and some option runs) used Coryell power run blocking schemes.

Sorry for over reacting....you guys know football. Time for me to call up Google.

#102 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,724 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

I'm all for Hue as an OC. As a HC, no way. Hue loves himself some Hue wayyyy too much to be a HC.

#103 BEASTfromdaEAST

BEASTfromdaEAST

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

I no if we hire Hue our O-line is gunna have to get a lot meaner and just better for him to work out. Other then the question of how he would utilize Cam I am also iffy on how Olsen is gunna fit into this mix considering he just came off his best year.

#104 dpanther69

dpanther69

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

Well he can't seem to keep a job for over a year. Anyone know why that is?

Because the Raiders are stupid he had the Raiders trending up when he was their coach and the new GM chose his man to replace him and they became the sorry ass Raiders that we know today.

#105 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,558 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

Sorry for over reacting....you guys know football. Time for me to call up Google.

Here's a basic primer...

Examining NFL Offensive Philosophies

It's written by a blogger, not an actual football guy, but it's got pretty good info on the basics of the major systems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com