PrimeTyme

The Greatest!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:06 PM

Hue Jackson from Oakland....
Shumur from the Browns....
2 horrible teams, that were worse than us....
this is where we are looking for our next OC?

#107 Darknight

Darknight

Official Rep Keeper

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
  • LocationKinston

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

I no if we hire Hue our O-line is gunna have to get a lot meaner and just better for him to work out. Other then the question of how he would utilize Cam I am also iffy on how Olsen is gunna fit into this mix considering he just came off his best year.

Here is Zach Miller's stats in 2010 when Jackson was the OC.

Games = 15
Games Started = 15
Receptions = 60
Yards = 685
Yards Per Reception = 11.4
Touchdowns = 5
Long = 43
Receptions/Catches Per Game = 4.0
Yards per Game = 45.7

EDIT - Cleaned it up a bit.

#108 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,450 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

He's not "from Oakland," he last worked with the Bengals defense. The Bengals had a very good defense this year.

#109 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

Sounds like about as good of a candidate as we are going to get.

#110 PrimeTyme

PrimeTyme

The Greatest!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:13 PM

He's not "from Oakland," he last worked with the Bengals defense. The Bengals had a very good defense this year.

so Hue wasnt the head coach of Oakland? Also we are looking at him for OC not DC, so his work with defenses is irrelevant

#111 Darknight

Darknight

Official Rep Keeper

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
  • LocationKinston

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

so Hue wasnt the head coach of Oakland?

Yes he was the HC of Oakland in 2011 and he was OC in 2010.

#112 Fan01

Fan01

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

I am also iffy on how Olsen is gunna fit into this mix considering he just came off his best year.

Now, that is funny.

Ever heart of Kellen Winslow (Sr.)?

He played TE for the Chargers when Don Coryell implemented his system although then it was just his vertical passing system. This guy and this system pretty much invented the idea of throwing to a big fast TE who linebackers could not match up to. There's a reason Olsen is blowing up in this system.

Go find and read this book by Ron Jaworski. It's got a fantastic chapter on Air Coryell and why it's the bee's knees. It was virtually unstoppable until Dick LaBeau came up the the zone blitz. If you want a deep passing attack there's no better system.

http://www.amazon.co...n/dp/0345517962

#113 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,798 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

no comment on shurmur. don't want him.

hue jackson, tho, was the only guy to make that team at all respectable in the past decade. he made their offense one of the best in the league and he's really well regarded from the little bit of reading i've done today.

#114 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,798 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

so Hue wasnt the head coach of Oakland? Also we are looking at him for OC not DC, so his work with defenses is irrelevant

i think this is the first year he's worked with defense. every program he's worked with has improved...at least every program that didn't shoot itself in the foot. he had the misfortune of being selected by petrino to help coach the falcons in what happened to be probably the biggest clusterf*ck in that franchises history (vick gets arrested and petrino quits and the team falls apart) and also the raiders who had a huge turnover at the top as in al davis dies and his moron son fires him.

he helped stephen davis become a stud, helped chad johnson and housh become one of the best WR duos in the league, and turned the raiders O from the worst in the league to a top 5.

#115 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,407 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:35 PM

Hue's had an uncanny knack for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. He's a damn good coach.

#116 poorboysrev

poorboysrev

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

I agree. A power running game AND a vertical offense? Tha's just crazy talk. Come on Hue us or the Jets? Seriously

#117 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,144 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:02 PM

This guy?....

Posted Image

#118 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,662 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

I wouldn't mind having Hue Jackson or any OC that is well experienced in the Air Coryell offense. The biggest question is how will they use Cam's running ability. Because if you take that away, I believe you are handicapping him to a one dimensional player.

Well Tom Brady and Peyton Manning are One Dimensional and generally stay upright and unhurt.
At some point in the very near future I'd like to see Cam run maybe 6 times a game tops, figuring at least 4 of those are scrambles away from pressure in the pocket that stab the opposing Ds in the heart.
Steve Young used to murder defesnes with his scrambling ability.
I want Cam healthy long term.

#119 Darknight

Darknight

Official Rep Keeper

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
  • LocationKinston

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

Well Tom Brady and Peyton Manning are One Dimensional and generally stay upright and unhurt.
At some point in the very near future I'd like to see Cam run maybe 6 times a game tops, figuring at least 4 of those are scrambles away from pressure in the pocket that stab the opposing Ds in the heart.
Steve Young used to murder defesnes with his scrambling ability.
I want Cam healthy long term.

They are one dimensional because they don't have the option to run unlike Cam does. You can rush the passer against guys like Brady and Manning (if you get there of course) but if you rush the passer against Cam, you'll end up looking silly.

#120 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• HUDDLER
  • 4,218 posts
  • LocationRadford University

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

I stopped reading when "power running" was the first thing mentioned about his offensive philosiphy.

whats wrong with that? Lets have a panzi offense that sounds great. Cam needs a run game

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.