#121 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,724 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:42 PM

Hue's had an uncanny knack for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. He's a damn good coach.

I think that Hue did a good job in Oakland. That team and situation was so dysfunctional when he got there. I thought he was in the middle of turning things around when he got canned. Then again I would have said thing about Rivera if we had fired him. Both guys have been head coaches, so Rivera gets a guy to bounce things around against. And with all the issues Oakland had, Jackson is going to have seen quite a bit. Lets be honest, Oakland's has always had a good running game, it was the quarterback that was the issue. I would think that Hue would be itching to work with Newton and double trouble. If Oakland had Newton when Hue was there, he would still be a head coach.

I just hope Hue can use the same terminology for continuity purposes. Or at least use similar plays and concepts. (Without the read option as a mainstay.)

#122 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,908 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:03 PM

They are one dimensional because they don't have the option to run unlike Cam does. You can rush the passer against guys like Brady and Manning (if you get there of course) but if you rush the passer against Cam, you'll end up looking silly.

You don't wanna turn Cam into Vick, i.e. a guy that gets hurt so much he never finishes a full season.

By the end of this season, Newton was getting up slow an awful lot. That's not something I wanna see.

Run enough that opposing defenses have to respect the threat (like KG said, maybe 5-6 times a game, maybe even a few less) but don't overdo it.

#123 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,908 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

I think that Hue did a good job in Oakland. That team and situation was so dysfunctional when he got there. I thought he was in the middle of turning things around when he got canned. Then again I would have said thing about Rivera if we had fired him. Both guys have been head coaches, so Rivera gets a guy to bounce things around against. And with all the issues Oakland had, Jackson is going to have seen quite a bit. Lets be honest, Oakland's has always had a good running game, it was the quarterback that was the issue. I would think that Hue would be itching to work with Newton and double trouble. If Oakland had Newton when Hue was there, he would still be a head coach.

I just hope Hue can use the same terminology for continuity purposes. Or at least use similar plays and concepts. (Without the read option as a mainstay.)

I think the job Hue did in Oakland is what's getting him an interview here.

#124 Darknight

Darknight

Official Rep Keeper

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • LocationKinston

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

You don't wanna turn Cam into Vick, i.e. a guy that gets hurt so much he never finishes a full season.

By the end of this season, Newton was getting up slow an awful lot. That's not something I wanna see.

Run enough that opposing defenses have to respect the threat (like KG said, maybe 5-6 times a game, maybe even a few less) but don't overdo it.

This is what I meant. I just couldn't articulate it well enough to get my point across. With Brady and Manning, there is no threat of them running. The D-Line can rush the passer as they see fit but with Cam, you will have to be careful how you rush him because the threat of him running and breaking free is an option.

Also about Vick, he get's hurt when he stood in the pocket like he did this year. I don't recall him ever being injured when he scrambled. I could be wrong though.

#125 SmittyistheGOAT

SmittyistheGOAT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:12 PM

YES PLEASE.

Hue is a stud, he went 8-8 with a raiders team that had not much talent

Darren McFadden was also a huge stud under him.

I'd cream if we get Hue.

Also, If we have to fire Rivera early next season he'd be a great one to fill in.

#126 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,908 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

This is what I meant. I just couldn't articulate it well enough to get my point across. With Brady and Manning, there is no threat of them running. The D-Line can rush the passer as they see fit but with Cam, you will have to be careful how you rush him because the threat of him running and breaking free is an option.

Also about Vick, he get's hurt when he stood in the pocket like he did this year. I don't recall him ever being injured when he scrambled. I could be wrong though.

Two things that need to be done:

- Build an offensive line that can protect the quarterback (absolutely essential)

- Coach Newton to make his reads and decisions as quickly as possible

Do those two things and you minimize the chance of his getting busted up.

#127 cookinbrak

cookinbrak

tastes like chicken...

• HUDDLER
  • 3,232 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:28 PM

Jackson wouldn't take his foot off the gas with a 10 point lead.

#128 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,653 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:27 AM

He's one the the best offensive minds in the business.
He likes a run heavy offense with deep strikes down the field.
He is a players coach.
He is known for adjusting his offense to his players, including asking his offensive captains what plays they like, and calling them.

I honestly forgot about him.
He'd be a perfect fit here with the Panthers and our players. He'd get the most out of our skilled positions.

Would love to see what he can do with Cam and his development .

I want.

#129 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,463 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:33 AM

I really do want Hue, so much that I'm likely gonna be really bummed if we don't get him. I hate getting my hopes up.

#130 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,008 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:33 AM

Almost all of Cam's nagging injuries came in the pocket.

#131 vorbis

vorbis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:40 AM

was just typing up the exact thing that teeray just said.

#132 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:42 AM

As long as we Gettleman doesn't start taking trade advice from him...

#133 KJ89

KJ89

bottom line

• HUDDLER
  • 2,910 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:04 AM

Nvm

#134 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 10,797 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:24 AM

You guys have sold me on Hue.

#135 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,408 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:00 AM

I like Hue Jackman. He's had success in this league so much like the time he led the Oakland Raiders football team to defeat Deadpool you know

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com