#76 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,780 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:52 AM

i literally cannot believe anyone in this thread is actually defending this guy's actions

and what's this i see now? people defending this guy's actions proceeding to adopt a stance of victimhood over someone's intolerance of their religiously-based intolerance because of literalist temporal understandings of bronze-age theology?

#77 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,008 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:03 AM

just don't call him a bigot because dear old pstall might have a heart attack

#78 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 18,780 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:13 AM

i can understand how people make those arguments with such conviction and passion and good intentions because i was once one of them, which sort of keeps me from being furious at THEM because i acknowledge the power of the sociological process and how difficult it is to break away from that.

still massively frustrating though

#79 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,793 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:26 AM

Hey I specifically said that the concern has NOTHING TO DO with this guys beliefs. Those women went into his place to eat, and I'd imagine that given his actions, the diner had religious trinkets, prayers on the walls, all that stuff...and the women certainly did not feel the need to editorialize - hell they may have agreed with a lot of it, as being a lesbian does not preclude you from being a Christian, even a crazy one.

Pstall I think you are trying to create an argument where they somehow had a "conversation" about this stuff as a mutually agreed upon topic, and they did not. Unless someone specifically asks me about this kind of stuff in person, I tend to keep my mouth shut but the simple reason that my unasked for opinion on something is at least unwelcome, and at most belligerent.

#80 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:48 AM

First of all he waited for them to get outside. He didn't tear( or do any thing to antagonize) them down in front of others in the restaurant. He simply asked them if they attended church and handed them a note. CALL THE COPS dude asked me a simple non-offensive question and handed me a note I'VE BEEN SOOO WRONGED!!!

Well if my belief is right... why wouldn't I want people to know!?!?

So lets just pretend on for your sake u keep a open mind... Lets say I'm right and your wrong.
You'd rather go down in flames in your house than me come and wake you up?

The problem with this is you think I'm wrong because you do not believe in it... So how do I get you believe? Hope you just one day do it? Don't think it works that way. You have to see it, hear it, and live it to understand. Its hard to convince people who are caught up in the affairs of the world. The ways of the world are seductive and even the most hard core christians sin(all sin) and fall prey to it. Thats rule #1 no one is better than anyone else. Non christians first thought Oh, you think your better than me? No. I'm just having a hard time seeing how someone was wronged?

I feel like you read this story saying who does this guy think he is? You think he is pushing or over stepping or thinking he is better GET THIS he is SHARING simply SHARING. You do not have to take it. Maybe he hurt their pride. Everyone gets thier pride hurt no one can protect you from that. Maybe they really felt shame and it angers them. I know there are plenty of things I'm ashamed of and if they are brought up I get defensive and angry. Thats human nature... anyways I'll keep sharing because its right to share.

You style yourself a martyr when the reality is that youre just irritating people who have more than likely been bombarded by this shiat their whole lives. You don't care about my beliefs (except in how they relate to yours) and I don't care about your beliefs. again, lets just leave it at that. I don't want you to share... And trust me, you don't want me to share. Everything else is superfluous...

#81 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,296 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:50 AM

for God's sake. im not defending the guy who wrote the letter. i was telling tbt guy that if you say something counter or what your beliefts are about someone who is gay, expect to be called a bigot. thats all it was.

of course cantrell has to interject himself into something once again, then get side tracked, then not understand what is being said back to him.

over reaction in play. lol

#82 TbTeRRoR

TbTeRRoR

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:12 AM

You style yourself a martyr when the reality is that youre just irritating people who have more than likely been bombarded by this shiat their whole lives. You don't care about my beliefs (except in how they relate to yours) and I don't care about your beliefs. again, lets just leave it at that. I don't want you to share... And trust me, you don't want me to share. Everything else is superfluous...

So if no ones opinions or beliefs matter to you they should not share them.. .then why are you posting on this forum? Why does this forum exist. Remove yourself from the tinderbox if you will not allow me to post by the rules.

My Christian beliefs hold as much value as your beliefs concerning abortion/ guns/ politics/ aliens or anything else this board spits out. Stop sharing your beliefs of disbelief in mine please. Does that work? No because thats what this forum is all about.

You derive your opinions from your experiences ,social standings, and raising among other variables. I give mine based on these things as well. You don't agree with it fine but you can't ask me not to share it. It's not like I'm on here making threads about you all are sinners and blah blah blah. Your just getting my take on what god whos teachings I base my beliefs on has to say about different subjects.

I'm sorry if I've "bombarded" you though I looked the definition up, just to make sure, but I'm thinking your terms are a little harsh for what I've done. Which is given my opinion based on my background. By the way buddy I was lost out in the world doing whatever I felt like doing and disregarded anything God/ Bible said. So its not like i'm some bible thumper who has known nothing else.

#83 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• HUDDLER
  • 22,793 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:26 AM

Posting on a forum where PEOPLE COME FOR THIS KIND OF THING is totally different that what this idiot did.

Your beliefs indeed hold as much value as anyone elses.

However that does not mean it's acceptable for you to bring it up to anyone you deem necessary, whenever you feel like it. Thats THEIR CHOICE to make.

"But God told me to do it" is a lame, lame excuse.

#84 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:29 AM

So if no ones opinions or beliefs matter to you they should not share them.. .then why are you posting on this forum? Why does this forum exist. Remove yourself from the tinderbox if you will not allow me to post by the rules.

My Christian beliefs hold as much value as your beliefs concerning abortion/ guns/ politics/ aliens or anything else this board spits out. Stop sharing your beliefs of disbelief in mine please. Does that work? No because thats what this forum is all about.

You derive your opinions from your experiences ,social standings, and raising among other variables. I give mine based on these things as well. You don't agree with it fine but you can't ask me not to share it. It's not like I'm on here making threads about you all are sinners and blah blah blah. Your just getting my take on what god whos teachings I base my beliefs on has to say about different subjects.

I'm sorry if I've "bombarded" you though I looked the definition up, just to make sure, but I'm thinking your terms are a little harsh for what I've done. Which is given my opinion based on my background. By the way buddy I was lost out in the world doing whatever I felt like doing and disregarded anything God/ Bible said. So its not like i'm some bible thumper who has known nothing else.

Yea, its unfair for me to define, judge and marginalize you without attempting to jnow yku as a person? Shocking. Dont take things so personally, im not speaking to you personally. By all means, espouse your beliefs... But not to those who arent open... I got no beef with you.

#85 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 18,780 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:31 AM

Posted Image

#86 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,296 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:33 AM

And this is why I need to do a Tinderbox Happy Hour dilly o.

I will make it happen. Cwg and I may do a sci fi movie review. Other forms of entertainment can be included.

Beans if you can make it down bring some of that craft beer you mentioned before.
I'm serious on this. We will do this.

#87 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• HUDDLER
  • 22,793 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:36 AM

Yeah this is a good time for that.

#88 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,393 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:50 AM

Your beliefs indeed hold as much value as anyone elses.

I'm not taking life advice from someone who thinks that facial hair looks good

#89 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 5,582 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

In heavy country accent: Its Adam and Eve not Anne and Selene... Jezus luvs ya..

I love that he told them that they are hurting others around them as they frequent his business giving him money and possibly bring friends to his diner and then gives them a letter saying they will be burned by a goat man in fire.

Oh religious cave dwellers you never cease to amaze me!

#90 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,828 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:20 PM

Well if my belief is right... why wouldn't I want people to know!?!?

First you have to prove that your belief is in fact the truth or has some factual basis. I challenge you to do so now.

No your beliefs have no factual basis at all which means they hold absolutely no value when it comes to sharing ideas thus you should not waste yours and others time sharing them. Instead you should be educating yourself on beliefs and ideas that are actually true. I will retract this statement if you adequately answer my challenge above.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.