Photo
- - - - -

Good to see the art of letter writing is not lost in New Bern

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
128 replies to this topic

#97 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:59 PM

So you used Subdivisions as support for being religious??! are you Paul Ryan thinking the GOP are the rebellious party?!

" Conform or be cast out" is the Whole basis of Christianity as you are handed a letter to CHANGE your lifestyle because it does not conform to another persons holy doctrine.

Blaspheme the bible...its a book

Blaspheme RUSH and I have a problem..that is true divinity!

The conform part was for the tinderbox. Too many of you guys read too much into things.

And I love Rush.

#98 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

Dey Hate Us Because They Aint Us!

HUDDLER

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:01 PM

and if some guy doesn't want someone gay around them makes you equal to not wanting to be around a bigot.

seems like a brillant way to help the conversation of getting along.

As most have said.. You just defined what a bigot is.

#99 PhillyB

PhillyB

sườn núi phía đông thứ ba của mặt trời

SUPPORTER

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:02 PM

Debates concerning the finer points of Christianity are nothing but a smokescreen. People focus on the issue of homosexuality (instead of the equally damning sins of adultery, divorce, and hate) because it is convenient.

i brought this up multiple times during the amendment one fiasco and caught a lot of flak for making people feel uncomfortable with the fact that they were willing to legislate banning teh gays from getting married but realized they would never actively campaign to end legal divorce since the baptist church demographically has the highest divorce rate in the country

#100 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

Dey Hate Us Because They Aint Us!

HUDDLER

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:02 PM

The conform part was for the tinderbox. Too many of you guys read too much into things.

And I love Rush.

See, we find common ground..

But Satan was an angel of music...

#101 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

HUDDLER

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:07 PM

My argument isn't who is or isn't a bigot. My point is if someone is unwilling to engage the bigot in a meaningful convo then that doesn't move the ball forward. So some guys resorted to name calling or said they won't associate with the bigot. To me that is as equally dumb as being a bigot.
Its just as self righteous as writing the letter. Imo.

#102 PhillyB

PhillyB

sườn núi phía đông thứ ba của mặt trời

SUPPORTER

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:10 PM

My argument isn't who is or isn't a bigot. My point is if someone is unwilling to engage the bigot in a meaningful convo then that doesn't move the ball forward. So some guys resorted to name calling or said they won't associate with the bigot. To me that is as equally dumb as being a bigot.
Its just as self righteous as writing the letter. Imo.

to me there is nothing more contrary to the goal of educating someone than declaring them unworthy of attention and companionship because of their belief systems when the one thing that may save them is exposure to outside thoughts and alternative belief systems.

#103 TbTeRRoR

TbTeRRoR

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:05 PM

So you just unknowingly posted excerpts that make you look like an even bigger hypocrite. Well done, bro, well done.

1 Cor 6:9Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

The word translated effiminate = homosexual.

New testament my man- non-hypocrite

#104 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

HUDDLER

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:12 PM

1 Cor 6:9Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

The word translated effiminate = homosexual.

New testament my man- non-hypocrite

Umm no, effeminate means having more feminine traits untypical of a male. Not homosexual. It very well could refer to any male who is overly vain or refined, a male to female transgendered person, etc. It most definitely does not, with 100% certainty, mean homosexual except in your own head.

After all, a homosexual can be very masculine and not the least bit effeminate.

#105 TbTeRRoR

TbTeRRoR

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:13 PM

Umm no, effeminate means having more feminine traits untypical of a male. Not homosexual. It very well could refer to any male who is overly vain or refined, a male to female transgendered person, etc. It most definitely does not, with 100% certainty, mean homosexual except in your own head.

After all, a homosexual can be very masculine and not the least bit effeminate.

look up the greek translation

#106 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

HUDDLER

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:22 PM

look up the greek translation

Why, pray tell, do you care about the greek origins of effeminate, which the word doesn't even actually originate from, but instead originates from latin?

The closest thing to effeminate in Greek is kinaidos (cinaedus in its Latinized form), and has been speculated to have homosexual connotations. But again, why focus on this? Do you believe that those who originally translated the bible preferred a Greek word and yet used a Latin word so that you could somehow parallel the argument with a word that isn't a natural derivative of effeminate?

The actual roots of effeminate are as follows:

Effeminacy comes from the Latin ex which is "out," and femina which means woman; it means "to be like a woman." The Latin term is mollities, meaning "softness."

So again, you're only making the connection to the Greek definition of a completely different word with different Latin roots because you want too, it actually doesn't have any basis on fact.

#107 TbTeRRoR

TbTeRRoR

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:33 PM

ok so how many men do you know who act like women but are not gay? I'm not saying they are not out there but I do not know any.

walks like a duck talks like a duck....

The bible also says blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth. So while we are at this juncture lets not confuse Meek with effeminate

#108 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

HUDDLER

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:36 PM

ok so how many men do you know who act like women but are not gay? I'm not saying they are not out there but I do not know any.

walks like a duck talks like a duck....

The bible also says blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth. So while we are at this juncture lets not confuse Meek with effeminate

You're connecting dots to fill your belief system, when in reality your bullshitting yourself with confirmation bias and overall ignorance.

It's ok, you can admit your hypocrisy. You'll feel better afterwards.