Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Have you ever changed your position on a major issue?

31 votes

1. 1. ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, but only minor issues or details that I don't consider to be a big deal
    • Not sure/ None of the above

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

48 posts in this topic

Posted

We will define major issue as something that you personally have been vehement about in the past.

Has something posted on the huddle/ tinderbox ever altered your view? Facebook? Prisonplanet? etc?

What about something in particular in the media (documentary or show)?

If so, explain what it was and how it changed your perception.

Posted

I grew up a card carrying republican through high school. Like a (not so) miniature Rush Limbaugh....

So pretty much anything

Posted

as i've gotten older i've begun to appreciate the practical complexity of many different issues... i've become far less idealistic than i used to be... and consequently, happier.

1 person likes this

Posted

I grew up a card carrying republican. Like a (not so) miniature Rush Limbaugh....

So pretty much anything

I experimented in highschool.

That was a weird phase.

Posted

also re: the questions in the OP

the Facebook thread gave me the idea

Posted

I'm still a republican but I'm starting to see the democratic economics in giving more money to the poor because it will immediately be spent and help the economy.

Posted

I grew up a card carrying republican through high school. Like a (not so) miniature Rush Limbaugh....

So pretty much anything

yeah that's me.

stopped buying the anti-gay/religious fundamentalist stuff in my late teen years

eventually stopped buying the fiscal aspects when i entered the work force

Posted

I've changed my views on many things. Was once pretty well aligned with the Republican Party, minus same sex issues. Did a 180 on immigration, abortion, foriegn policy and the idea of government in general. Hell, I use to believe a bunch of Arabs hijacked some planes and crashed them into the twin towers.

As I got older I began questioning things. Small things. Wy should I have a say in what a woman does with her body? Who am I to say who can come to this country, a country whose native inhabitants were nearly elimated by immigrants? That line of thinking continued and my beliefs evolved.

1 person likes this

Posted

I've changed my views on many things. Was once pretty well aligned with the Republican Party, minus same sex issues. Did a 180 on immigration, abortion, foriegn policy and the idea of government in general. Hell, I use to believe a bunch of Arabs hijacked some planes and crashed them into the twin towers.

As I got older I began questioning things. Small things. Wy should I have a say in what a woman does with her body? Who am I to say who can come to this country, a country whose native inhabitants were nearly elimated by immigrants? That line of thinking continued and my beliefs evolved.

So the Government crashed planes into the towers... Here we go!

Posted

I'd like to say I've clung fast to my ideals, but then I'd just be valuing scant evidence while ignoring overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

I.e.

Practicing confirmation bias.

Posted

as i have gotten older and had kids, i see big picture things better but realize what to focus on. at times, that helps in your views as opposed to being extreme one way or the other.

Posted

So the Government crashed planes into the towers... Here we go!

Not going anywhere bromosexual.