Photo
- - - - -

Have you ever changed your position on a major issue?

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Poll: Have you ever changed your position on a major issue? (31 member(s) have cast votes)

?

1. Yes (29 votes [93.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 93.55%

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Yes, but only minor issues or details that I don't consider to be a big deal (2 votes [6.45%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.45%

4. Not sure/ None of the above (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,363 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

Not a whole lot, I don't think.

Pro Choice

Pro Gun

Get out of other nations business

Anti Tax

Anti government groth

Pro gay marriage

Need a few less prisons and a lot less laws

Pretty much, just stay out of my bedroom and my wallet.

#32 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,928 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:43 PM

I reevaluate the minutia of my views pretty much every day. If you ask me about something and then the same thing a week later I'll probably have something different about how I think about it.

The major touchstone issues, not really. I've been pretty much consistent on those since I developed any political views at all, which wasn't really until college (and it wasn't a case of liberal elite education brainwashing, i actually had an extremist conservative government teacher who couldn't go 1 class aTed Kennedy joke).

I had some kind of deflector shield growing up to not be influenced by being born and raised in Biloxi in a military family. My mom was/is an overt racist and my dad is a staunch air force guy. We went to church until probably about middle school. I managed to sit through all of that, the God talk and the 'pinko' talk, and my 8 year old brain would just vaguely be like 'this doesn't feel like something I want to value.' I formed my views pretty independently of my environment.

#33 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,909 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

I reevaluate the minutia of my views pretty much every day. If you ask me about something and then the same thing a week later I'll probably have something different about how I think about it.

You do understand that this exact same thing goes for me too, right? Kinda screws up your ammunition you've been using against me here recently. Ive only been trying to say this exact same thing in that alex jones thread.

#34 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,872 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:21 PM

Not a whole lot, I don't think.

Pro Choice

Pro Gun

Get out of other nations business

Anti Tax

Anti government groth

Pro gay marriage

Need a few less prisons and a lot less laws

Pretty much, just stay out of my bedroom and my wallet.

100% agree with every single point you posted.

#35 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,928 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:27 PM

You do understand that this exact same thing goes for me too, right? Kinda screws up your ammunition you've been using against me here recently. Ive only been trying to say this exact same thing in that alex jones thread.

If you do then that's great. But the sources you use to reevaluate with are very important too.

#36 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,517 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

same

#37 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,068 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:17 PM

I listened to Rush Limbaugh, never voted for a Democrat, been baptized and missed a Nine Inch Nails concert to see a Glen Beck show?! wtf?!

Im an independent who went Democra this past election, made the elighntened mistake of studying every religion in some detail and definitively an atheist....will never listen to this version(or last 15 yrs) of a lobby purchased puppet in Limbaugh and Glen Beck is just a crazy man.

Rush used to have more satire to him before he exploded.. Beck was more moderate..but both are unlistenable.

Will not miss Nine Inch Nails again.

#38 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,565 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:24 AM

Changed stances on.

Origins of Homosexuality
Gay Rights
Abortion
Role of Government/Perception of Government

#39 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:27 PM

I listened to Rush Limbaugh, never voted for a Democrat, been baptized and missed a Nine Inch Nails concert to see a Glen Beck show?! wtf?!

wat.

#40 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,136 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:40 PM

The biggest one was I grew up a serious racist. I mean everything but the hood.

Left that behind me many years ago though.

But more fundamental and life changing was the realization that I was more than the sum of my ideals and that changing my mind didn't mean "selling out". Once I came to that realization I was able to take my ego out of my beliefs and become always open to a compelling argument that I may be wrong.

When you stop being open to having your mind changed you stop growing.

#41 King

King

A Cell of Awareness

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:42 PM

Used to believe in God and be against abortion.

Became an atheist and pro-choice during high school.

#42 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,565 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:44 PM

I have always let the light of experience guide my foot. And most of the time find myself walking in the opposite direction of what's posted on these forums. Give me liberty or give me death. Hard to change a perspective that strong. And that simple.

#43 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,704 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:10 PM

I used to think there was no real difference between Cheez Doodles and Cheetos. I have since learned the error of my ways.

#44 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

Considered myself a strong libertarian since high school. I still do to an extent but certain things I've done a complete 180 on, such as health care. I now just consider myself a moderate. I've also learned that most people consider themselves moderates.

Just a few weeks ago I was pretty ambivalent on the gun issue until people started posting the most misinformed, stupid rationalizations about how their gun hobby was secretly their plan to defend liberty or whatever. Now I'm pretty convinced this crap needs to be tempered down a bit..

I've always been 'pro gun' so to say but I'll never engage in that debate for this very reason. Both sides have some ridiculous arguments but the pro side usually takes the cake.

#45 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,851 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

I was once captain of a Bible Bowl team and I also voted for Bush II in 2000... FML on the last account moreso than the first...

I wouldn't say the Huddle was a main contributor to shaping any of my views, but it has been A contributor in some instances...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com