Photo
- - - - -

Have you ever changed your position on a major issue?

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Poll: Have you ever changed your position on a major issue? (31 member(s) have cast votes)

?

1. Yes (29 votes [93.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 93.55%

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Yes, but only minor issues or details that I don't consider to be a big deal (2 votes [6.45%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.45%

4. Not sure/ None of the above (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#46 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,047 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:02 PM

The Older I've gotten the more Liberal I've gotten, more or less from just going out and seeing the world and such, there are a few things that I'm still very conservative on but with that said I probably lean more left then right now.

Biggest Cause of change was my friends.

biggest issue change:

Gay marriage, used to be uber Christain right winger, now though I see it as the biggest civil rights issue today. I have friends that I met through work that I later found out to be gay, and later became good friends with.

#47 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,793 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:54 PM

I've never really known what I believe or where I stand on most issues...I'm like afloat on a conscious bubble of f*ckery...that, I do know.

Basically, I used to be uber religious (was even an altar boy for years), then went all atheist, then I died one time and was revived so became semi-religious again (just a deist-type spiel), then became all new-age bullsh*tter "I wanna move to Austin, Boulder or Seattle...seriously!!", then sorta buddhist in my spiritual beliefs, and even at one point overly interested in Ancient-Egyptian philosophy and spirituality.

I've now learned instead of having a convoluted spiritual self-awareness script to simply not be a c-u-n-t and I'm good.

Who am I kidding, I'm still a pseudo new age non-political bullsh*tter, architect. I don't make sense...

#48 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 10,994 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:25 PM

The biggest issue I've waffled on as an adult is probably prison and the death penalty. I used to read stories about violence in prison, and how solitary causes severe mental issues.

I usually just rolled my eyes and said "boo hoo, you deserve it."

First, I learned how the justice system "works" and the corrupt nature of the prison system. I also thought about some of my own actions. I realized the only difference between myself and those prisoners I had dehumanized is that they had been caught.

I don't really count my teenage years. If you don't go from hardcore liberal to hardcore conservative (or vice versa) as a teenager, then you did it wrong.

Like many right-leaning individuals, i doubled down on the conservative rhetoric when Obama was elected. Then after the 2010 midterms the repubs reminded me why I've never supported them. All talk, no action.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com