Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If your marriage is bad, it's probably because your wife is mean and ugly

14 posts in this topic

Posted

The gift that keeps on giving

http://www.salon.com/2013/01/11/pat_robertson_awful_looking_women_are_ruining_marriages/

Posted

I object to the author labeling this man a misogynist

Posted

im shocked. i was thinking this was going to be a pro rightie/rep thread.

those don't exist.

Posted

im shocked. i was thinking this was going to be a pro rightie/rep thread.

those don't exist.

as soon as they do something that's not revolting they'll get one

Posted

ahh yes. the left has cornered the market of morailty and all things good and right.

we should have two sticky threads. one for all things bad for the left and one for the right. keep things nice and tidy for either side's bitter pettiness.

2 people like this

Posted

ahh yes. the left has cornered the market of morailty and all things good and right.

we should have two sticky threads. one for all things bad for the left and one for the right. keep things nice and tidy for either side's bitter pettiness.

i'm pretty centrist and a registered independent, so i look at both parties and ideological/philosophical blocs with a critical eye devoid of bias towards one side or the other, and when i look at modern conservatives i see a bunch of people based in bronze-age theological interpretations upon which they base the entirety of their belief systems that result in their representatives taking 15th century positions on countless issues over the past ninety years ranging from race relations to labor philosophies to educational foundations to women's rights to foreign policy and more, whereas when i look at modern liberals i do see plenty of flaws but most of them insist on basic personal liberties and the freedom to choose one's way as a fundamental american value (which is the bastion which conservatism is so insistent it curbs the market on.)

there's an enormous disconnect between what conservatives think they are and what they collectively actually represent.

Posted

I object to the author labeling this man a misogynist

there's a lot of self righteousness on both sides here and i think we would all be better off if we just sat down and had a beer with pat robertson

Posted

Just be careful he doesn't spike it with roofies

Posted

It's funny how most men think they have a monopoly on being sexually attracted to physical beauty. For every decent looking guy stuck with a woman who has seen better days, you can find women who are stuck with unattractive mates. Mr. Robertson seems to have nothing to say about husbands who have forgotten that their body is a "temple" and have let themselves go to poo as well.

Posted

And to think, this guy ran for President once. What an idiot. Money issues are chief problem, not so much looks from either side. What a moron

Posted

I'm telling my wife you said that op

Posted

Left-Right: both are full of crazies just in recent years the tea party has created a really vocal extriemist right that is really set aparart from reality.

One time you could debate religion and politics but the media's intentional segmentation and division of simple "facts" and "statistics" make it to where no one even agrees on a history/reality to begin a debate.

Carrying over something from another thread?