#1 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,174 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

Well I have seen many on here recently believing that Johnathan Hankins DT from OSU could fall as far as into the 2nd round, which could very likely happen. I came upon a thought where we took Jesse Williams NT of Alabama in the 1st rd. If we're sitting in the 2nd round when our clock start ticking and Hankins is still on the board, do we take him as BPA? I wouldnt mind and would love the idea. Would anyone be oppose to it? Taking Hankins would beef up our Defense, but at the same time we would be ignoring other needs.

Every team goes into the Draft with plans of addressing needs, but if a BPA like Hankins is sitting there at no.44 it would be pretty tough to pass up on a player like him. In 2010, the Bucs took both Gerald McCoy and Brian Price (bust) who was a BPA in the 2nd. A scenario like this could happen to us and we should take a hard look at it. A Dline that consists of CJ, Jesse, Hankins, Dwan, Hardy, and Alexander would be exciting to watch and tough for offenses. If Beason can come back healthy, we would easily have a fierce and dominating front 7. It would really be an early Bday gift for Kuechly.

Jesse Williams NT 6'3 320lbs Alabama (Sr)

Posted Image

http://youtu.be/3ksIy0xAMD8

http://youtu.be/aBbTLxLiicA

Johnathan Hankins DT 6'3 320lbs OSU (Jr)

Posted Image

http://youtu.be/Tt0e_hdCI0A

http://youtu.be/luMo-DoxyUs

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

It depends on who else is there... If there's a top tier O-Linemen or Possible #1 Receiver I'd take them over Hankins... Now if he's the BPA and there's no talent (for the 2nd round) in O-Linemen I'd take him

#3 Pejorative Miscreant

Pejorative Miscreant

Cold Ass Honky

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

It could very well play out like this and I could see this place going bat poo crazy in a bad way. Chicken Little time.

#4 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,174 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

It depends on who else is there... If there's a top tier O-Linemen or Possible #1 Receiver I'd take them over Hankins... Now if he's the BPA and there's no talent (for the 2nd round) in O-Linemen I'd take him

If you have Hankins vs players like Dallas Thomas, Aboushi, Kyle Long, Robert Woods, Hopkins and Hunter in the 2nd who would you take?

#5 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,295 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:15 PM

I'd take Hunter, followed by Hopkins, followed by Hankins or Dallas Thomas (not sure which at the moment, waiting to see what opinions of him are after the combine).

#6 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,174 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

It could very well play out like this and I could see this place going bat poo crazy in a bad way. Chicken Little time.

Yea I mean we're not the Giants only bc we now have Gettleman but the NYG organization is one who build their championship teams through the Dline. And I mean you can't believe that Gettleman wasn't taught thats how you win and all of a sudden is going to work his draft ways differently. During Gettleman's time at NY, they have taken consecutive DLineman twice in 2003 (Joesph/Osi) and 2009 (Pierre-Paul/Joseph).

I know Rivera had recently came out and talk about how he wants to address the OLINE and WR spots but you'll be an idiot to think Gettleman is going to give Rivera his certain guys. Gettleman is going to build this team from scratch and in his vision. Rivera will have to play with Gettleman's cards.

#7 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,174 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

I'd take Hunter, followed by Hopkins, followed by Hankins or Dallas Thomas (not sure which at the moment, waiting to see what opinion of him are after the combine).

Yea it'd be hard

#8 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,537 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:22 PM

Yea I mean we're not the Giants only bc we now have Gettleman but the NYG organization is one who build their championship teams through the Dline. And I mean you can't believe that Gettleman wasn't taught thats how you win and all of a sudden is going to work his draft ways differently. During Gettleman's time at NY, they have taken consecutive DLineman twice in 2003 (Joesph/Osi) and 2009 (Pierre-Paul/Joseph).

I know Rivera had recently came out and talk about how he wants to address the OLINE and WR spots but you'll be an idiot to think Gettleman is going to give Rivera his certain guys. Gettleman is going to build this team from scratch and in his vision. Rivera will have to play with Gettleman's cards.

the Giants did build up their DL,but one thing that gets unoticed is that they also made sure that Eli had weapons outside. brought in Plaxico, drafted Steve Smith, Hakeem Nicks, Ruben Randle, Jerrel Jerrnigan, and brought in Victor Cruz. they made sure they had the talent at WR to help their QB.off that list im taking Hopkins and Hunter before the other 2.

#9 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,174 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:50 PM

the Giants did build up their DL,but one thing that gets unoticed is that they also made sure that Eli had weapons outside. brought in Plaxico, drafted Steve Smith, Hakeem Nicks, Ruben Randle, Jerrel Jerrnigan, and brought in Victor Cruz. they made sure they had the talent at WR to help their QB.off that list im taking Hopkins and Hunter before the other 2.

Very true.

I love Hopkins and Hunter. Maybe hunter a lil more. I see Hopkins as a Torrey Smith but i Dno if he'll have instance succes like Torrey. It make take him a year or two to develop.

If I'm going for someone to quickly plug and play, I'm taking Hankins.

#10 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,537 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:59 PM

Very true.

I love Hopkins and Hunter. Maybe hunter a lil more. I see Hopkins as a Torrey Smith but i Dno if he'll have instance succes like Torrey. It make take him a year or two to develop.

If I'm going for someone to quickly plug and play, I'm taking Hankins.

he reminds me of smith as well, and i think he could come straight in and play. he was a plug and play guy as a freshman and at clemson.

#11 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,396 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

No way we take 2 DTs. If we have already addressed one position in the first then we look for someone who wants to trade down to get Hankins or take the BPA at a different position. Hopefully Oline or WR

#12 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,174 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:13 AM

No way we take 2 DTs. If we have already addressed one position in the first then we look for someone who wants to trade down to get Hankins or take the BPA at a different position. Hopefully Oline or WR

We'll never know what's in Gettleman's mind on Draft nights. Anything can happen.

#13 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,589 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:11 AM

If you have Hankins vs players like Dallas Thomas, Aboushi, Kyle Long, Robert Woods, Hopkins and Hunter in the 2nd who would you take?

Dallas Thomas, love versatility

#14 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:41 AM

In order
Hunter
Hankins
Hopkins
Woods
Dallas Thomas
Kyle Long
Aboushi

*Granted I don't know that much about O-Linemen... So there's that lol

#15 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:55 AM

If we take Jesse Williams at 1, Hankins would be at the bottom of my list. And in reality may be there anyway. Out of the prospects listed I would probably take Aboushi, Watkins, Hunter, Woods, Thomas, Long........... and like ten other players not limited to Warford, Watson, Jefferson, Fluker, DJ Swearinger, and Poyer.........then Hankins.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com