Photo
- - - - -

A scenario, not a MOCK

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

#25 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:55 AM

Chucks player comparison logic: He is tall, fast, black, and has dreads.

Torrey Smith. yup.

#26 DynastyRTR

DynastyRTR

newnfldraft.com writer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:42 AM

If you have Hankins vs players like Dallas Thomas, Aboushi, Kyle Long, Robert Woods, Hopkins and Hunter in the 2nd who would you take?

If Jesse Williams is the 1st round pick?

I'd gladly take Nuk Hopkins or Oday Aboushi. Aboushi has first round talent and should be able to stick at left tackle in the NFL. Nuk is in the mix between Cordarrelle Patterson & Keenan Allen & maybe Quinton Patton as the top WR in this class. Patterson/Hopkins/Patton/Allen right now for me.

#27 biggdownunder

biggdownunder

• PipPip
ROOKIE

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:48 AM

dont know how combine results, injury tests, ect., will affect the final prospect list, but if the draft were tomorrow, and if we pick jesse williams in the 1st AND hankins is there in the 2nd, i say we...pick barrett jones, and then hang our heads in shame and regret because, for one, we learn gettleman is out to screw us, and secondly, we took a DT in the first and lost out on better Oline talent than whoever we pick up in the 2nd. we can then get an early start on scouting the upcoming qb class for the 2015 draft, cause once cam signs his new landmark contract with a team that will move mountains to protect their precious investment, we gonna need a qb up in here :( .

#28 mountainpantherfan2

mountainpantherfan2

NOT NEWB

• PipPip
ROOKIE

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:11 AM

The better franshises and GMs generally draft lineman (defensive or offensive) when they pick in the top 20. They build up the foundation of the team with those higher picks. When drafting in the bottom of the 1st (meaning they made the playoffs) is when they go for the skill positions. The 2nd round is more of a toss up though.

IMO I would look to address DT in FA first and then address the O-Line in the 1st round of the draft. Remember that Gettlemsn was a pro scout mostly in NY and they have had a lot of success mixing the draft with FA.