#31 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:56 AM

Isn't that David Gettis? And don't forget he's a burner...

Who knows if that could be Gettis? He's doing something to not get any playing time so I doubt it, and I use to be a huge Gettis fan so that hurts to say.

Even if he does play, why couldn't we use another receiver like that?

#32 Navy_football

Navy_football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:19 AM

Who knows if that could be Gettis? He's doing something to not get any playing time so I doubt it, and I use to be a huge Gettis fan so that hurts to say.

Even if he does play, why couldn't we use another receiver like that?

I'd love to stack the receiving corp as well, but with the holes on the o-line and secondary, I don't think they'll be able to address wr too.

#33 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:36 AM

I'd love to stack the receiving corp as well, but with the holes on the o-line and secondary, I don't think they'll be able to address wr too.

We're going to waste 7 draft picks and all out free agency money on the offensive line and secondary?

I'm sure they will at least bring in ONE potential starting receiver.

#34 Navy_football

Navy_football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:17 AM

We're going to waste 7 draft picks and all out free agency money on the offensive line and secondary?

I'm sure they will at least bring in ONE potential starting receiver.

Hopefully they do. But with Smitty, Lafell, Murphy and Gettis - I think it can be addressed next offseason. Plus, if Hue Jackson is brought in at OC, I think he has confidence in Murphy as a starter.

#35 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:20 AM

I'm sorry but I can pretty much guarantee that we will bring in another receiving target lol...

The NFL don't work like that.

#36 Navy_football

Navy_football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:47 AM

I don't doubt another receiver will be brought in, but will it be a guy that will legitimately compete as a starter? In other words, do you think they'll use a 1st or 2nd on a WR - don't have a 3rd?

The NFL may not work like that, but the Panthers have used only four 1st or 2nd round picks on WRs ever.

#37 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:01 AM

yeah he got robbed on at least two touchdowns by a few inches. that one and there was another in the bears game that year.

That bears game throw to the one yard line was incredible too. The team is doing Cam a huge disservice by not going out and getting him a receiver with size and a larger target area. smh

#38 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,143 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:13 AM

His off balance on the run TD pass to Smitty during the Raiders game was godly.

Best throw of his career

#39 OBXPantha

OBXPantha

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:45 AM

Cam has made a lot of perfect throws. When all his mechanics are set he is great. Just needs to be consistent. Of course that comes with experience reps, proper coaching and a scheme designed to take advantage of not just his skill set but the pieces around him(from O-line to WRs)

My favorite throw from Cam actually came last year on another throw to Smitty in a game v Washington. Incredible accuracy.(click to 3:06)

Watch JRs hand at 1:15. During the hug he forces cam to give him a 2 handed hug.

#40 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,891 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:02 AM

His off balance on the run TD pass to Smitty during the Raiders game was godly.

This... A-rod might be the only other guy that can make that throw.

#41 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,397 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:16 AM

I want to see improve his decision making when the first read is covered and better accuracy overall. Too many wide open guys were missed.

They're throws we know he can make, just needs to do it more consistently.

#42 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,125 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:33 AM

lol

#43 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

The biggest problem Cam has is playing under pressure. When the heat is on he reverts to his instincts rather than learned mechanics. I think that is part of why he struggled early. Once we were out of the playoffs the pressure to win was off for him. The great QBs can stay cool in the pocket under any circumstance. Cam can leave the pocket and gain 10 yards but that hurts his development as a passer when 10 yards isn't enough in the 4th quarter.

ahem. you see what happens to brady in the superbowl vs that giants front four? cam's not the only guy who abandons proper mechanics under pressure. even peyton gets that way against some defenses. if there isn't room to step up, you can't use proper mechanics. its not a matter of toughness either, qbs would rather throw without proper mechanics than have the throw impacted by a defender.

#44 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,853 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

The deep is out is one of the hardest passes in the game to throw (or cover) and Cam just kills 'em.

#45 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,993 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:43 PM

Watch JRs hand at 1:15. During the hug he forces cam to give him a 2 handed hug.

"Fug your swag, boy. We hugging."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.