Photo
* * * * - 2 votes

Hue Jackson to be interviewed on monday.

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#46 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,269 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

La Confora was one of the "Beane is expected to interview, don't rule out Beane, don't be surprised if it's Beane" guys. He probably just has some preconception that the Panthers are the type of team to promote from within and isn't going by any source on it.

Beat me to it.

I've begun to wonder if h get his Panthers info from Yasinskas.

#47 nctarheel0619

nctarheel0619

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,953 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

In related news, GM Dave Gettlemen never worked as a college scout before taking the Panther job :unsure:

Hmmmm I don't know how I feel about that

#48 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,401 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:01 PM

Hmmmm I don't how I feel about that

Don't worry, he did.

Mr. Scott was just making fun of Yasinkas who reported he did not have college scouting experience (along with repeatedly spelling his name wrong). Don't worry, Gettleman's credentials are as good as any GM in the league.

#49 nctarheel0619

nctarheel0619

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,953 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:06 PM

Don't worry, he did.

Mr. Scott was just making fun of Yasinkas who reported he did not have college scouting experience (along with repeatedly spelling his name wrong). Don't worry, Gettleman's credentials are as good as any GM in the league.

Yas has been off a lot about the Panthers lately. He's a horrible NFC South reporter.

#50 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,269 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

Yep.

Anyone else remember a while back I posted a thread (concerning perceptions of Cam Newton) saying that some in the media aren't interested enough / don't care enough about the Panthers to work all that hard on fact checking the stories they write?

I present to the court the preceding evidence...

#51 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,078 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:13 PM

Yep.

Anyone else remember a while back I posted a thread (concerning perceptions of Cam Newton) saying that some in the media aren't interested enough / don't care enough about the Panthers to work all that hard on fact checking the stories they write?

I present to the court the preceding evidence...

Yeah but a lot of those are in the national media and have little to no local knowledge whatsoever of our franchise.

Pat Yasinkas on the other hand does not have that excuse. I don't know why anyone even posts his articles.

#52 Fan01

Fan01

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

Sports reporters today are so worried about getting the story out first they don't check anything or as we've seen even bother to spell people's names correctly. I think half of them just make things up based on something having a possibility being true. Like knowing Steve Smith is getting up there in age and reported that inside sources say Smith considering retirement and his present contract with the Panthers could be his last.

It's gotten beyond stupid.

#53 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,269 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

I'll grant that when it comes to screwing things up, it's not just the Panthers. We're just one of the more common victims (though I'll grant that could be perception).

There's stuff like the annual event of some "source" saying Bill Cowher wants to coach again, followed up yearly by Cowher himself saying "no I don't".

Like I said in the prior thread, sports journalism barely even exists anymore. All we have is sports talk.

#54 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,204 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

Yas has always been a terrible writer. I've never been able to stand the garbage he spews.

#55 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,269 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

Yas has always been a terrible writer. I've never been able to stand the garbage he spews.

I actually thought he was pretty good when he was with the Observer (other than griping about Steve Smith too much).

Since he went to ESPN, though...

#56 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 19,139 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:53 PM

hire this man

#57 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,204 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:54 PM

Ah, to be honest I've never read the Observer really, so I can't comment on that. Ever since he's been the ESPN South blogger he's been terrible.

#58 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 8,146 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:57 PM

Really hope we get this guy. Put that 90 million dollar backfield to work. That is if they're all coming back next year

#59 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,008 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

Really hope we get this guy. Put that 90 million dollar backfield to work. That is if they're all coming back next year

Not if Gettleman is worth his salt they won't be.

#60 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 8,146 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

Not if Gettleman is worth his salt they won't be.

True, but i think in a transition year he might keep him. Whats the cap hit or loss to cut dlo. Doubt we get tradr suitors for a 30 year old rb with that enormous contract.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.