• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#76 dugbug

dugbug

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:25 AM

Denver defense cost them. Foxball/manning/whatever put plenty of points up and looked dominant in the second half.

I think foxball largely opened up with manning at the helm.

#77 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,311 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:21 AM

Broncos fans are asking why Von miller was dropped back in coverage so often in this game and why receivers were given 7-10 yards of cushion by their DBS ....hmmmm where have I heard that before?

#78 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,164 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:26 AM

Fox logic after the game: only one team will win the SB so everyone else will be disappointed, and losing next week would be more disappointing...

Seriously, that was his rationalization after lame-dicking away a game they should have won.

LOL!

#79 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:20 AM

Fox logic after the game: only one team will win the SB so everyone else will be disappointed, and losing next week would be more disappointing...

Seriously, that was his rationalization after lame-dicking away a game they should have won.

LOL!

I wondered if there would be any new Foxisms out of this...over the next year or two his relationship wiith the media and fans will turn a little frosty...

#80 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,429 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:33 AM

Nobody even mentions the fact that Champ Baily couldn't cover your grandmother anymore and Jack del Rio and the "vaunted" Denver defense wouldn't give him any safety help.

Much as most of you wanna bang on Fox and Manning, if your offense has to score 45 just to keep up, I'd say your defense has issues.

fox did the same thing against the cards in the playoffs. let fitz repeatedly rape the D for over half the game before doing something about it.

#81 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

ayy lmao

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,129 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:40 AM

fox did the same thing against the cards in the playoffs. let fitz repeatedly rape the D for over half the game before doing something about it.

they also had no idea who dennis pitta was apparently

#82 dugbug

dugbug

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:55 AM

Del rio is a fantastic dc. That was just a busted coverage. Stop reading so much into it to make some mind of justification guys

#83 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,643 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:38 AM

Del rio is a fantastic dc. That was just a busted coverage. Stop reading so much into it to make some mind of justification guys

Which one of Torrey Smith's 2 TDs was a "busted coverage?" It's kinda hard to have busted coverage when you're in man and can't keep up with the WR.

The Broncos kept rolling the safety to the other side and leaving Champ on an island and he was horribly exposed as older and slower.

#84 dugbug

dugbug

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:44 AM

The tying td. I also think Baltimore is a good team

#85 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,338 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:50 AM

Baltimore should have won the game handily. The Broncos were lucky to even be in the conversation minus special teams gaffes.

Don't give a fug about Fox or Manning. It's a team sport, Denver, the team, had its opportunities to win. They blew it. Regarding going conservative, both teams did it. Baltimore got the pick, and that was the end of the story.

#86 Jens

Jens

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:13 PM

I actually wanted the Broncos to win this game. I still think Fox is the best coach we ever had. Peyton blew this game in my opinion.

#87 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,311 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

I still think Fox is the best coach we ever had.

That's not saying much

#88 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,429 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:45 PM

I still think Fox is the best coach we ever had.

the bar is set awfully low there. 3 winning seasons out of 9. giddyup.

#89 klumme

klumme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:49 PM

Denver defense cost them. Foxball/manning/whatever put plenty of points up and looked dominant in the second half.

Bingo... And that is the reason the dicision to 1) not let Peyton do his thing on that 3rd down and 2) not trying to win the game efter the Jones TD, lost Denver the game

=

Foxball lost that game.

#90 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,429 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:58 PM

Bingo... And that is the reason the dicision to 1) not let Peyton do his thing on that 3rd down and 2) not trying to win the game efter the Jones TD, lost Denver the game

=

Foxball lost that game.

yep. the mistake was in expecting the defense to protect the lead.

I'll keep on preaching this, you don't trust your defense to keep the other team from scoring, regardless of how good you think they are. the only way to truly protect a lead is to keep scoring and/or keep the ball in your offenses hands.

you give the other team the ball and you aren't daring the other team to score, you're inviting them to score and they are only too happy and usually quite able to take you up on that.

you set your team up to lose by giving the other team the opportunity to score.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com