Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Right to Shoot Tyrants, Not Deer

54 posts in this topic

Posted

hey you go find the thread and i'll go find the snopes article

Posted

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/untreaty.asp

Posted

Author’s Note, 31 July 2012: It appears that, for now, the Arms Trade Treaty is on hold. That doesn’t mean it won’t be pursued in the future, so stay aware.

n fact, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton just announced the Obama Administration would be working hand in glove with the U.N. to pass a new “Small Arms Treaty.”

Disguised as legislation to help in the fight against “terrorism,” “insurgency” and “international crime syndicates,” the U.N.’s Small Arms Treaty is nothing more than a massive, GLOBAL gun control scheme.

If passed by the U.N. and ratified by the U.S. Senate, the U.N.’s Small Arms Treaty would almost certainly FORCE national governments to:

• Enact tougher licensing requirements, making law-abiding citizens cut through even more bureaucratic red tape just to own a firearm legally;
  • CONFISCATE and DESTROY ALL “unauthorized” civilian firearms (all firearms owned by the government are excluded, of course);
  • BAN the trade, sale and private ownership of ALL semi-automatic weapons;
  • Create an INTERNATIONAL gun registry, setting the stage for full-scale gun CONFISCATION.

http://scpatriotsclub.com/blog/?p=82

They tried and failed and are trying to sway public opinion so they can try it again.

1 person likes this

Posted

Guess they'll just have to create those better rainbows next time. Darn!

Posted

A buddy of mine in the military was telling me that nobody wants to confront present day Americans on the ground because there are 1 1/2 guns per citizen as it stands now. The Canadians and now Russians are calling for us to not give up our guns.

Like I've said I don't own one but I sure as heck don't want anybody to give up theirs.

1 person likes this

Posted

Is this the same buddy that told you we signed the UN treaty? If so, shouldn't you be wary of what he/she tells you?

Something to think about.

Posted

Is this the same buddy that told you we signed the UN treaty? If so, shouldn't you be wary of what he/she tells you?

Something to think about.

:goodjob: Good for you. I still don't agree with your soft stance. The UN and their ideas are no good for anybody but the NWO. We can see who's side you're on so...

1 person likes this

Posted

Trust me. If I thought all the things you think happened actually did, I would be a lot more frightened.

Posted

I have seen literally nothing in any reputable media source nor any UN documentation that could come even close to corroborating what you have posted about what the treaty would do, rippadonn. What I have read is that it would cause an international register of arms traded *internationally*.

In fact, the Obama administration has been quoted over and over and over on the treaty as saying it would have literally no impact on the domestic gun industry nor on gun ownership of citizens. At most, it would mean that a registry of international arms sales would be created.

and it hasn't been ratified, it hasnt' been signed, and it isn't even up to be talked about again until March...

Posted

I have seen literally nothing in any reputable media source nor any UN documentation that could come even close to corroborating what you have posted about what the treaty would do, rippadonn. What I have read is that it would cause an international register of arms traded *internationally*.

In fact, the Obama administration has been quoted over and over and over on the treaty as saying it would have literally no impact on the domestic gun industry nor on gun ownership of citizens. At most, it would mean that a registry of international arms sales would be created.

and it hasn't been ratified, it hasnt' been signed, and it isn't even up to be talked about again until March...

OK, the .38caliber part was from the main stream media (ABC and others). I'm not here to lie to you or mislead you in any way nor is this some sort of paper to be graded. I remember what was said on TV vividly, that is all.

No it wasn't ratified OR signed in July but Hillary and the UN was and are still pushing for ratification. Recent events have probably put more people in the mood for such a thing. Are there people who want to disarm Americans??? The answer is still yes, attacking me doesn't change that.

Posted

Trust me. If I thought all the things you think happened actually did, I would be a lot more frightened.

Somehow your prior arguments don't support that statement but OK

Posted

Not trying to say you are lying, I just can't find anything that suggest that there would be confiscation of any weapon or banning of ownership in the US of any weapon related to this treaty at all.

someone in the UN may have proposed that but it was never a serious proposal as far as I can tell.