40 replies to this topic

#16 jdogg66

jdogg66

The Man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:48 PM

Redskins and Niners version > than ours. Our read option seems elementary compared to theirs.

We run it with just a normal shotgun formation with one running back. These two use a pistol formation and dominate with it.

#17 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,203 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:58 PM

Let's not overreact every time we watch a football game. The reality is the Green Bay Packers Defense played the read option as poorly as humanly possible. Combine that with a stellar HEALTHY offensive line and they looked way better than they actually are. The reality is closer to what the Panthers run but Kaep is more of a home run guy and Cam is more physical.

#18 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,203 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:00 AM

Oh and btw let's not worry about what "we run" because our OC is about to change.

#19 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,415 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:06 AM

read option was not the problem....neither was cam running it.

it was chud not knowing how to use it and having a bad OL.

#20 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,962 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:26 AM

Read option is not the problem. Its Cam running the read option. He is a good second slower making the decision than Cap, Wilson and Bob. He lets the defense develop too much. Hand run or drop back and throw. Not stick it in the rb's belly for a good second where both he and you come to a stand still. I dont want Cam running it unless he speeds up his decision making. Its not his strong suit.

It's clearly Chud and Rivera's fault. Our read option requires Cam to stay back there and hold hands with our rbs.

#21 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:33 AM

Read option is not the problem. Its Cam running the read option. He is a good second slower making the decision than Cap, Wilson and Bob. He lets the defense develop too much. Hand run or drop back and throw. Not stick it in the rb's belly for a good second where both he and you come to a stand still. I dont want Cam running it unless he speeds up his decision making. Its not his strong suit.

You're actually spot on OP... Don't worry about the morons who tried to blast you for speaking the truth.

The only thing that I would add to your post, is the fact that Cam is slower than all of the mentioned QB's. maybe not top end speed but his acceleration/explosiveness isn't the same as the aforementioned players, which does indeed matter when running the read option. But he's also Bigger/Faster/and stronger.

#22 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,178 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:44 AM

i agree. but not saying cam cant run it or he wouldnt have pu tup big numbers////duh

but it will get figured out just like the wild cat...i rather newton watch tape on marino and become s drop back passer who runs only when he has too or to extend the play.

and you are not going to last as a qb taking shots all season long like that....so yeah i agree with bl just in a diff way.

see ya scrubs.WOLFPACK signing out...lol :sleep:

#23 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,840 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:10 AM

The read option is supposed to be administered in doses. Not all the time. That's what the problem is. Look at the SF game. They didn't use it as a base. Look at the Redskins game. Even thought they lose. Both were examples. Chud is-was, the problem with the read option.

The next coordinator better see this. If he doesn't we're in for a lot of grief next year.

#24 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:50 AM

You've officially been kicked from our fantasy league.

#25 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,910 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:56 AM

Everybody here hates our read option, but we have our best rush yardage per attempt when we go out of the read option.

The problem IMO is more that we do it on 35% of snaps when it should be closer to 15-20%.

#26 dugbug

dugbug

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:51 AM

Nothing wrong with having a read option in the offense. It was effective in the playoffs for gods sake

Like any play it can't be overused and the rb option has to be a legit threat or all they will do I just hit cam

#27 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,756 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:27 AM

Piss off

#28 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,060 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:10 AM

OP is right

http://youtu.be/dMK19GMx25I

Look at how many times Smith looks at the defender and then back at Cam before the block.

This is how he has become one of the best blockers in the NFL.

#29 Cam2Ligit2Quit

Cam2Ligit2Quit

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

The problem is not cam being slow, the problem is when you make it your base offense. now defense are expecting it and it is hard to fool a defense when u run Read Option 20-30 plays a game....

#30 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,355 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:30 AM

Actually, I think you have a point there. But others (including coaches) may have alluded to the same thing during the season. I don't know why others are slamming you so hard. The thing is is that some of this stuff comes with coaching, and, more importantly, experience. Cam appeared to have gotten a little better at it later on in the season, so I think it would be shortsighted to take it entirely off the table.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com