Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

beastson

I Have Less Faith In Rivera After Today

147 posts in this topic

At some point it comes down to results and Rivera has not provided winning results but when you look at the whole picture you see why knowledgeable football people are saying Carolina has a lot of talent and are a much better team than there record indicates

Wait... I thought you were arguing for Rivera? You pretty much summed up what I've been saying all along. We're better on paper than we are on the field and a lot of it has come down to poor late game coaching and poor clock management.

Biscotti told John to fire Cameron or else. People forget that Kaep came in for an injured Smith, which made Jim's decision for him. He used the lame "hot hand" line of reasoning, hardly sounds like a coach willing to make a change without an excuse to prop it up. Once Kaep played well there was no pressure to do otherwise. But I'll tell you what that move DID do; it demonstrated that Harbaugh is perfectly willing to talk up a player, call him elite, then try to dump him for Peyton, then go back to him like nothing ever happened, then bench him when he's playing well just because of injury. And we're supposed to applaud that unwillingness to be a man and say the truth, that your QB isn't very good and you will look into alternatives?

There's a lot of things Rivera can be called, but a hypocrite or a liar is not one of them.

Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome says the decision to fire offensive coordinator Cam Cameron in December was orchestrated solely by coach John Harbaugh.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/01/26/3813494/the-switch-is-on-harbaugh.html

I swear....thus board has become the biggest joke of a team message board in the NFL. The constant bitching, moaning, criticism has gotten out if hand.

Even during the 1-15 season, it was not like this. There was intelligent debate and conversation. However, the last several seasons we have seen an infestation of pre pubescent idiots whose football acumen came from playing Madden.

We used to make fun if other team's boards who acted like this one is.

We are an embarrassment and this place has lost its fuging mind.

you must not go to many other boards, esp. those that dont ban you for saying anything critical.

I swear....thus board has become the biggest joke of a team message board in the NFL. The constant bitching, moaning, criticism has gotten out if hand.

Even during the 1-15 season, it was not like this. There was intelligent debate and conversation. However, the last several seasons we have seen an infestation of pre pubescent idiots whose football acumen came from playing Madden.

We used to make fun if other team's boards who acted like this one is.

We are an embarrassment and this place has lost its fuging mind.

The Panthers?

The Panthers?

Yes, has to be....unless he is speaking for himself.

I didn't get the memo that we are supposed to be out in the streets singing Kumbaya while JR fields one of the worst teams in NFL history.

Here take my money Mr. Millionaire. I don't care if what I paid for is garbage. Want me to suck your cock too? -MH

you must not go to many other boards, esp. those that dont ban you for saying anything critical.

I don't have any issue with being critical...and having intelligent debates and conversation over the situation.

However, we have turned into a board that just regurgitate the same poo in new thread after new thread.

Did JR make the right decision with RR? It is very debatable. There are reasons that we shoudl have cut bat and there are valid reason that he should be given the third year.

There is not intelligent debate over the merits of the decision....just bitching an moaning about how ownership sucks....coaches suck...etc.

winning takes away bitching.and this team havent had a winning season since 08 so..........................

Cardinals playoff game + following seasons continued meltdowns from Jake + following seasons 2-14 record + lockout and back to back 2-8 starts kinda suck the life out of a fan base. Not saying there can't be intelligent conversations, but for most why debate something intelligently when the team's likely not going to make a sound solid football decision. Rivera is now for all intents an purposes a lame duck coach with an even worse staff then last year. That sounds like a bad decision and looks like a disaster waiting to happen, ala 2010. Hopefully Cam and Rivera have grown a ton from last season, because if not Gettleman is looking for a new coach for a team with tons of ?, next offseason.

Yes, why be intelligent while the team sucks.

Glad us got an excuse for everything.

Yes, why be intelligent while the team sucks.

Glad us got an excuse for everything.

Whats gooing on that can be discussed intelligently? Rivera is a lame duck coach with staff members on a one year basis. His staff is diminished in quality from last years. It's a season coming up that Carolina will have to cut major talent from the team, high quality starters with nothing but ?'s behind them. Team is missing draft picks and is in cap hell. So there isn't going to be any major additions except for a few rookies. All of this for a team with major needs already at wr, ol, dt, cb and s.

Let's recap here.

Lame duck coaching stafff, cap hell, major subtractions from the talent of the team, no major additions or fixe from fa. Missing draft picks for a team with multiple major needs before the mass cuts begin. Minus Carolina actually having a qb, it starting to look a whole lot like 2010 all over again.

1 person likes this

Whats gooing on that can be discussed intelligently? Rivera is a lame duck coach with staff members on a one year basis. His staff is diminished in quality from last years. It's a season coming up that Carolina will have to cut major talent from the team, high quality starters with nothing but ?'s behind them. Team is missing draft picks and is in cap hell. So there isn't going to be any major additions except for a few rookies. All of this for a team with major needs already at wr, ol, dt, cb and s.

Let's recap here.

Lame duck coaching stafff, cap hell, major subtractions from the talent of the team, no major additions or fixe from fa. Missing draft picks for a team with multiple major needs before the mass cuts begin. Minus Carolina actually having a qb, it starting to look a whole lot like 2010 all over again.

That pretty much sums it all up.

Some people just ride around on a high horse and think we are going to the SB every year despite major evidence to the contrary.

Then they try to make fun of other teams to make themselves feel better, which is sad because the teams they usually bring up actually have SB wins.