• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

#31 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:54 AM

Do you think that if Harbaugh had come to Carolina, he would have two losing seasons so far?

No chance

#32 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,792 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:56 AM

So you are saying when he is losing we don't like him but if he starts winning we will like him?

Have you submitted this theory to the national psychology board for peer review?

At the beginning of this season he was already a legend here as well as Chudzinski. Then they both became the biggest bums who all of a sudden knew nothing about coaching. Then people were upset that \Chud was not fired, then upset because he left. I assume Rivera will be a legend again after a few wins next season.

#33 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,717 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:59 AM

So you are saying when he is losing we don't like him but if he starts winning we will like him?

Have you submitted this theory to the national psychology board for peer review?

No need for all that. This represents the phenomenon just fine:

I would pay money for Rivera to make a Mike Jones reference after next season.

#34 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:07 AM

My faith in RR has been zero since Atlanta.

The first game? Or the game when we stomped their ass?

Rivera is not the best coach, but he is improving along with the team.

The Carolina team that beat Atlanta this year is what this team can be, or better. I noticed a huge improvement in the defense and in the confidence level of the team in the second half of the season. I know it was too late, but I have a feeling that we are going to start kicking ass as soon as we walk on the field next year.

Let's see if we make the playoffs in 2013, and then Rivera will have no excuses if we cant win a playoff game.

#35 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:15 AM

The excuses made for this guy are amazing. Yeah, he's our coach and we need to support him, but that doesn't mean we should lie to ourselves about how good he is at his job.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a coach that didn't need so much defending? The sad reality is, he's in the lower tier of coaches, everyone knows it, and the best we as fans can do is just hope he somehow defies the odds and gets better.

#36 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:18 AM

We don't have near the complete rosters those teams have. Can't put it all on Rivera.

Well to be honest, despite needing help on O-line, our offense is stacked. A few good o-linemen, and this offense will be top 3 or 5 IMO.

But yes, our defense is still lacking. I will say that even though there are a lot of holes on our D, Rivera still had them playing well in the 2nd half of the season.

Rivera has always built great defenses throughout his career. I have faith that with a few more pieces, this will be an elite team on both sides of the ball, and that is why I think that this team is going to click this year. I can see the confidence building.

#37 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,042 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:20 AM

I never had faith in Rivera to begin with...'hope' would even be a strong word to use.

#38 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,702 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:27 AM

Did you think Harbaugh's coaching won that game? I do not. Even if you consider Kaepernick over Alex Smith, how hard was that decision after Cam and RG III proved to the NFL that a running, mobile, strong-armed QB was hard to stop?

The GM won that game. Picking Kaepernick, a Pistol QB out of Nevada, after 5 other QBs had been taken. He is 6'5" 235-very Cam-like--and as fast as Cam. His accuracy (as he showed last night) is probably better.

The GM brought in The Smith "brothas from a different motha" Aldon and Justin, Carlos Rogers, and Jim Harbaugh. They are good because they had a strong GM.

#39 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:33 AM

Rivera had two offseasons to draft guys or get them fom FA when they were available. And they were available. I know if RR wanted someone JR would find a way to go get him. Injuries aren't and excuse, division isn't an excuse. Too many excuses from you guys. Watch these other teams they play on a whole different level than 80% of our team.

I agree I don't see it either. I did not want RR to stay but at the same time he has a new GM and new OC, if the problems we have been having persist, it is clear the chageable factor is Ron. I accept the Panthers gave him one more year to find out, I hope he can pull it off.

I dont know about free agency...

I think that JR has always been the problem when talking about bringing in free agents. If not JR personally, then the Front Office in general.

I will give Rivera credit for getting more out of free agency than Fox ever could. Olsen and Tolbert both are better playmakers than anyone that was ever brought in under the Fox era.

Let's see if the philosophy changes any with the new General Manager.

#40 DawgzLife

DawgzLife

Charter Fan '93

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:37 AM

Jesus Christ, people, Rivera had four good players on defense. I wonder how he would do with Goldson, Bowman, Willis, Aldon Smith, Justin Smith, Whitner, Brooks and Rogers. We were playing James Dockery for crying out loud.

And Greg Roman didn't spend half his season trying to land a coaching gig like Chud.

The quoted part makes no sense. Can you elaborate? Most didn't even think he would get an interview this year & the only 1 he go was in Clevelnad after they didn't get Chip Kelly. What make you come to that statement?

#41 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,256 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:43 AM

Our offense lit up Green Bay too. Get a grip Huddle you are losing your F Ucking mind.

#42 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 4,209 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:47 AM

Why would you have faith in a coach that has not produced?

I recommend only having faith in those that have been successful.

Well, that sure makes that whole "faith" thing pretty easy.

#43 DawgzLife

DawgzLife

Charter Fan '93

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:53 AM

Rivera had two offseasons to draft guys or get them fom FA when they were available. And they were available. I know if RR wanted someone JR would find a way to go get him. Injuries aren't and excuse, division isn't an excuse. Too many excuses from you guys. Watch these other teams they play on a whole different level than 80% of our team....

To your point, I don't get why so many other people scream "we have a worse roster" all of the time. It is part quality players (picking/signing the right guys) & part coaches putting players in winning positions & making them look a lot better (which ends up looking like they have a stacked roster). The 49rs had most of these players when they were 1 of the worst teams in the league too remember. Some of their guys were bengals & castoffs from other teams. Don't forget also that Cam Newton is a much better talent than Clausen, so he did have some benefits to his roster also.

Coaches need to be accountable for their records. When we are out of the playoff picture a little over half way thru the season again next year, I bet people's tunes will change.

The sad thing is, even with the Falcons hiring Coach Smith, you could see during his first year that he was a quality coach...a coach shouldn't need 3 years to 'learn' how to make game time decisions unless they have never even been a coordinator before...Rivera has been in the league for many, many years. This year it's time to put up or shut up...but it just delays being a playoff team when you can see it not working. Cleveland has done that for the past 4 years & we DO NOT want to be in the situation Cleveland has been in year after year.

#44 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,256 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:58 AM

If you don't have faith in Rivera that is perfectly fine. But to watch a couple of the elite teams in the NFL duke it out and decide that is the reason you do not have faith is silly. There are ~26 Teams in our position right now. Should we all have no faith because Harbaugh is a damn good coach?

#45 DawgzLife

DawgzLife

Charter Fan '93

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:59 AM

This. What's even more funny about all the Rivera haters is that as soon as we start winning with him they will be singing his praises. Smh

You are partially right. I for 1 would be happily eating crow. I gave Rivera year 1 with no judgement, but year 2 there needed to be progression & there was regresssion.

You can defend him all you want, but it sets the team back at least 2 years by keeping the wrong guy...I think we kept the wrong guy this year.

IF next year we are in the playoffs, you will have been right...sadly, I doubt that will happen. We should be making play-off 'runs' vs. out of the running by game 8 of 16.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.