146 replies to this topic

#106 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

No, ignorance is defined by people making statements they don't actually know anything about. If someone says Rivera needs to be fired I won't argue with their opinion; but if someone says Rivera is dogshit and the reason we lost so many games and that Harbaugh is vastly superior I'm going to call them out on it.

Can you prove he isn't?

#107 KJ89

KJ89

bottom line

• HUDDLER
  • 2,813 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

The excuses made for Rivera make me sick. There are no excuses.

He should have, and will be fired. You'll all just wish it happened sooner.

#108 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,374 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

Belichick doesn't have an offense. Brady and McDaniels do.

The offensive coordinators have changed multiple times over the years and the offense has remained the same.

#109 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

So you concede that Harbaugh and many, many, many other successful coaches have won a lot more than Ribera has in their first two years, but that doesn't make them better than he is. That sum it up?

Who the f*ck is Ribera? And name those "many, many, many" coaches that seem to be so successful. . .

#110 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

Can you prove he isn't?

since you cant prove a coach is good by his record he can probably pull something out of some orifice proving that they are on the same level or that rivera is better and it will be ok because he's the only one who knows anything.

lol

#111 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

I apologize for the spelling. My phone did it, and I did not catch it to correct it. I hope you realize who I was referring to.

As for the many many coaches, I posted them a couple weeks ago. This site has a search feature if you're genuinely interested, but somehow I doubt you are.

#112 Gabeking

Gabeking

• HUDDLER
  • 3,249 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

This I agree with, the huddle is jam packed with armchair coaches who don't know a thing about the game they debate 16 hours a day.

This is a quote that will be quoted by myself because of the absolute truth that this content contains.

#113 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

• HUDDLER
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:58 PM

i think you think you're smarter than you actually are. arrogance is running rampant.

And? Prove me wrong. Name one schematic advantage that Harbaugh gives his team.

#114 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

• HUDDLER
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

since you cant prove a coach is good by his record he can probably pull something out of some orifice proving that they are on the same level or that rivera is better and it will be ok because he's the only one who knows anything.

lol

http://www.advancedn...-forfeited.html

Well, let's go by the amount of wins added or subtracted by a coach. Harbaugh lost 0.69 worth of win probability accrued to his 4th quarter decision making; notice the top of the metric has coaches like John Fox, Mike Smith, Marvin Lewis and Jason Garrett. Notice the bottom of the list has Bill Belichick, Mike McCarthy and Sean Payton. Rivera is 11th best, Harbaugh is 12th worst.

Not that I'm arguing Rivera is some coaching savant. He's still young, but he's shown a more flexibility and schematic acumen than Harbaugh has, and with a decided talent disadvantage.

#115 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,374 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

In terms of Rivera vs. Harbaugh, winners win and losers make excuses and look for stats.

#116 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

In terms of Rivera vs. Harbaugh, winners win and losers make excuses and look for stats.

this.

winning is all that matters. everything not pointing to this is grasping at straws.

thats a coaches job, to win. to turn his team into winners.

rivera isnt doing it. if he cant this next year then we find someone who can.

#117 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

• HUDDLER
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

this.

winning is all that matters. everything not pointing to this is grasping at straws.

thats a coaches job, to win. to turn his team into winners.

rivera isnt doing it. if he cant this next year then we find someone who can.

That's fine. I'm not arguing that we shouldn't be winning, and I definitely want to see improvement out of Rivera. But these comparisons against Harbaugh make me livid, because they're simply wrong. WRONG. I hate it when people uses wins to argue that Dalton is better than Cam when the FILM shows that it's not true, and I hate when the same is applied to coaches. People wouldn't know what a coach brings to the game if it hit them across the face, so they just assume the coach is responsible for every single result.

#118 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

coaches are held to a different standard. winning. thats all that matters. no other stat. no other metric. just winning.

#119 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 8,797 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

That's fine. I'm not arguing that we shouldn't be winning, and I definitely want to see improvement out of Rivera. But these comparisons against Harbaugh make me livid, because they're simply wrong. WRONG. I hate it when people uses wins to argue that Dalton is better than Cam when the FILM shows that it's not true, and I hate when the same is applied to coaches. People wouldn't know what a coach brings to the game if it hit them across the face, so they just assume the coach is responsible for every single result.

That's 2 different things though. We all know Dalton isn't better than Cam. I can come up with 2 questionable TOUGH decisions the brothers made that has benefited their team. The firing of Cam, their OC and the switch from Smith to Colin

#120 Wine&Cheese

Wine&Cheese

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

for not being happy about having a HC that cant figure out how to win?

it's amazing to me how complacent people are about having a perenial losing team.

i can't wait until the "it is what it is" apathetic culture is gone.

I dont know, will the culture ever change? It seems like it has been this way since the beginning of time.

"Great, 7-9 but I see improvement and we had a lot of injuries but we have something to build on... Next year PLAYOFFS for sure!" (Insert 20XX season "RESET HOPE" button here)

Sigh...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.