Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ray "Jesus" Lewis

37 posts in this topic

Posted

As a Christian I'm pretty annoyed by the "Thank God" and "Praise Jesus" comments sometimes and in Rays case after the last couple of games its been borderline offensive for me.

BUT

I have to realize that Ray is a man of faith and he is experiencing a very emotional time and that's just his way of coping. I'm sure that away from the emotion of the big win he would be far more rational about the matter and agree that God has little to no concern over something as mundane as a football game. I'm likewise pretty convinced that if anyone who was offended by his words had the sack to tell him to his face he would offer a sincere apology.

Bottom line: Its just another humans way of coping with a very emotional time and we would all do well to let them have their moment and quit trying to poo on it.

Posted

Bottom line: Its just another humans way of coping with a very emotional time and we would all do well to let them have their moment and quit trying to poo on it.

But....where's the fun in that?

I kid. He's free to say/believe what he wants, I just find it annoying and I am often MORE critical of religion and the silly things religious people do simply to normalize it. People get offended by somebody merely poking fun or pointing out obvious issues with religion, so I tend to not back down from it.

Posted

had a good laugh at Welker's wife ripping Lewis on facebook or twitter or whatever it was!

biscuit...there's another lovely lady forum girl for you by the way...Wes Welker's wife.....mm mmmm good

Posted

But....where's the fun in that?

I kid. He's free to say/believe what he wants, I just find it annoying and I am often MORE critical of religion and the silly things religious people do simply to normalize it. People get offended by somebody merely poking fun or pointing out obvious issues with religion, so I tend to not back down from it.

I hear ya dude. It get borderline offensive to me and Im a believer so I can only imagine how much it grates on folks of different faith or those who dont believe in that sort of thing.

Posted

As a Christian I'm pretty annoyed by the "Thank God" and "Praise Jesus" comments sometimes and in Rays case after the last couple of games its been borderline offensive for me.

BUT

I have to realize that Ray is a man of faith and he is experiencing a very emotional time and that's just his way of coping. I'm sure that away from the emotion of the big win he would be far more rational about the matter and agree that God has little to no concern over something as mundane as a football game. I'm likewise pretty convinced that if anyone who was offended by his words had the sack to tell him to his face he would offer a sincere apology.

and also a way of coping with people shoving cameras in your face all the freaking time asking the same insipid questions over and over. Hearing them talk about god is no worse than listening to that awful "our guys got some good blahblahblahblahblah and i think that helped us out a lot." It's all canned nonsense.

TL;DR I'm rarely impressed by an NFL player's ability to speak... his talking about god rather than something else stupid doesn't bother me a whit.

Posted

Ray was fake crying after the Pats game. Screw that guy. I'd be praising Jesus everyday too if I was walking free after killing two people.

Posted

For what it's worth I think God hates the Panthers

True dat

Posted

Ray was fake crying after the Pats game. Screw that guy. I'd be praising Jesus everyday too if I was walking free after killing two people.

You really believe Ray Ray killed those 2 guys?

Posted

You really believe Ray Ray killed those 2 guys?

I have no idea. I'm just talking smack in the smack forum.

Posted

I have no idea. I'm just talking smack in the smack forum.

My bad, forgot where I was.

Carry on.

Posted

Whatever happened the night he killed those guys maybe a mystery from now til the end of time. but i bet at some point in the evening he said something to the effect of, " dear god just get me out of this and I'll promise to.......,"

Posted

Money talks but doesn't lie, people on the other hand, do both. For shame Mr. Ray.