36 replies to this topic

#16 Cage

Cage

Eternal Hatred

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

The Golden Calf of Bristol must have put the tip in or something cause god made him the jets third stringer

Anybody who thinks The Golden Calf of Bristol is a 'virgin' is full of poo. That dude may not have had vaginal intercourse, but he was getting blown like a saxophone at UF and he probably does some poo that Jesus wouldn't do with girls he dates.

And it's pretty stupid to hate on athletes that praise some version of 'the great sky lord' for their success. It's a pretty stupid thing to get worked up about.

#17 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

The loud atheist minority drummed Tim Tevo out of the NFL.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,263 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

Posted Image

how does the internet know that?

#18 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,259 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:41 PM

Anybody who thinks The Golden Calf of Bristol is a 'virgin' is full of poo. That dude may not have had vaginal intercourse, but he was getting blown like a saxophone at UF and he probably does some poo that Jesus wouldn't do with girls he dates.

And it's pretty stupid to hate on athletes that praise some version of 'the great sky lord' for their success. It's a pretty stupid thing to get worked up about.

It's never stupid to criticize stupidity. Only stupid people think that.

#19 LiQuiD

LiQuiD

Plumb Crazy

• HUDDLER
  • 2,258 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:44 PM

It's just the height of selfishness if you ask me. Don't tell me that God is the reason you won because he's also the reason the other team lost. I know logic and religion aren't necessarily synonymous but what makes you so special in God's eyes?

#20 Cage

Cage

Eternal Hatred

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

It's never stupid to criticize stupidity. Only stupid people think that.

Haha. Yeah, but who is stupid in this situation and how do you know? Plenty of brilliant people insist that there is a higher power; the only people who know for sure are the dead and they haven't told me poo. I'm not a big fan of the Great Skylord or his many servants, but as long as they don't do anything to me directly I don't really care. People are entitled to be selfish and think that the sky spirit only serves them. When they strap bombs to themselves and try to kill people and poo like that, then it becomes a problem.

#21 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,284 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:51 PM

The fact that this get's people so worked up is baffling.

Complain about something else for once.

#22 pantherzilla1986

pantherzilla1986

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:51 AM

when i see players praying and thanking God i usually see it as they are thanking God for blessing him with the talent he has and his teammates around him. I dont think he is thanking God for the win. Just a thought.

#23 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

In all fairness, ray lewis is pretty much an expert on jesus. hell, he's even set up a few people with face to face meetings with him.

#24 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,762 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

when i see players praying and thanking God i usually see it as they are thanking God for blessing him with the talent he has and his teammates around him. I dont think he is thanking God for the win. Just a thought.

Maybe, but even then it's a selfish fuging thought. Oh, he gave Rae Carruth's psycho ass great athletic ability that allowed him to play in the NFL, yet I am a great guy, and I didn't have the talent to get a single D-I look? Oh, god gave your team more athletic ability and the coaches more knowledge of how to get the win than the other team?

It's annoying to those of us who are non-religious. The religious don't notice what goes on. I remember in high school, I got voted team captain by my teammates. My grandma on my step-dad's side (at the time) said, "Oh praise god! He truly blessed you with talent and leadership qualities!"....no. No the fug he didn't. No god did poo. I busted my ass for 3 and a half years prior to my senior year to prepare for my senior year and EARNED that title. Same thing happened when I made all-conference and all-area (which is a big deal, considering it was the Wilmington Star-News all-area award, and I went to a 1A high school and the players I beat out for the award went to 4A schools in NH county and the surrounding counties).

Now, look at that from an NFL player's perspective. He worked his ass off for MANY years, and sacrificed a LOT of time, money, and body to get to where he is. To have somebody cheapen that by saying, "god blessed you guys, you didn't do poo" is insulting. If The Golden Calf of Bristol or whoever wants to believe god helped them specifically, fine, but keep that poo to yourself, because 1) you look arrogant as fug when you say your god loves you and your team more than the entire roster on the other team and 2) it cheapens the effort of not only yourself, but your teammates and coaches.

In all fairness, ray lewis is pretty much an expert on jesus. hell, he's even set up a few people with face to face meetings with him.

lol. Well played.

#25 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,247 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

As a Christian I'm pretty annoyed by the "Thank God" and "Praise Jesus" comments sometimes and in Rays case after the last couple of games its been borderline offensive for me.

BUT

I have to realize that Ray is a man of faith and he is experiencing a very emotional time and that's just his way of coping. I'm sure that away from the emotion of the big win he would be far more rational about the matter and agree that God has little to no concern over something as mundane as a football game. I'm likewise pretty convinced that if anyone who was offended by his words had the sack to tell him to his face he would offer a sincere apology.

Bottom line: Its just another humans way of coping with a very emotional time and we would all do well to let them have their moment and quit trying to poo on it.

#26 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,762 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

Bottom line: Its just another humans way of coping with a very emotional time and we would all do well to let them have their moment and quit trying to poo on it.

But....where's the fun in that?

I kid. He's free to say/believe what he wants, I just find it annoying and I am often MORE critical of religion and the silly things religious people do simply to normalize it. People get offended by somebody merely poking fun or pointing out obvious issues with religion, so I tend to not back down from it.

#27 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

had a good laugh at Welker's wife ripping Lewis on facebook or twitter or whatever it was!

biscuit...there's another lovely lady forum girl for you by the way...Wes Welker's wife.....mm mmmm good

#28 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,247 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

But....where's the fun in that?

I kid. He's free to say/believe what he wants, I just find it annoying and I am often MORE critical of religion and the silly things religious people do simply to normalize it. People get offended by somebody merely poking fun or pointing out obvious issues with religion, so I tend to not back down from it.

I hear ya dude. It get borderline offensive to me and Im a believer so I can only imagine how much it grates on folks of different faith or those who dont believe in that sort of thing.

#29 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,005 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

As a Christian I'm pretty annoyed by the "Thank God" and "Praise Jesus" comments sometimes and in Rays case after the last couple of games its been borderline offensive for me.

BUT

I have to realize that Ray is a man of faith and he is experiencing a very emotional time and that's just his way of coping. I'm sure that away from the emotion of the big win he would be far more rational about the matter and agree that God has little to no concern over something as mundane as a football game. I'm likewise pretty convinced that if anyone who was offended by his words had the sack to tell him to his face he would offer a sincere apology.

and also a way of coping with people shoving cameras in your face all the freaking time asking the same insipid questions over and over. Hearing them talk about god is no worse than listening to that awful "our guys got some good blahblahblahblahblah and i think that helped us out a lot." It's all canned nonsense.

TL;DR I'm rarely impressed by an NFL player's ability to speak... his talking about god rather than something else stupid doesn't bother me a whit.

#30 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,705 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

Ray was fake crying after the Pats game. Screw that guy. I'd be praising Jesus everyday too if I was walking free after killing two people.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com