• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:47 PM

Just heard on TV that before the Pats current ownership, they had only hosted one playoff game.

What a difference.

#2 SuperJTheGreat

SuperJTheGreat

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:48 PM

Damn, I just really hate Rivera.

#3 Judo Thoreau

Judo Thoreau

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

It's true, Brady would've turned into a homeless drug addict under different ownership.

#4 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,335 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

Just heard on TV that before the Pats current ownership, they had only hosted one playoff game.

What a difference.

Zod, just shut the goddamn place down if you're going to go on this trip too. Did you know Robert Kraft didn't want Belichick because he was associated with Bill Parcells, and only hired him later because he decided enough time had passed that he could consider Belichik on his own merits?

#5 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,554 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:53 PM

Something tells me whenever JR leaves this earth, a lot of you are gonna be sorry you asked for it.

#6 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

__YOU CAN'T FIRE ME!__

• HUDDLER
  • 18,237 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:53 PM

Superior to the Panthers from the owner on down to the water boy.

Now the stat is a little misleading as the Patriots did go to the Super Bowl in 1985....after 3 road Playoff wins.

#7 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

The loud atheist minority drummed Tim Tevo out of the NFL.

• HUDDLER
  • 8,266 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:55 PM

but look at all dat rebanues

#8 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

Something tells me whenever JR leaves this earth, a lot of you are gonna be sorry you asked for it.

Yesir...

#9 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

I'm afraid so. I have no idea what the succession plan is, but if there isn't one in place, it might mean L.A. has found the NFL team they've been seeking.

#10 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,734 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

I'm afraid so. I have no idea what the succession plan is, but if there isn't one in place, it might mean L.A. has found the NFL team they've been seeking.

Anyone who seriously thinks that a man like JR doesn't have a 100% legally binding succession plan in place, is a fuging moron.

#11 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:03 PM

Wow, I mention a TV comment and some of you go off on crazy rants. Get a grip.

#12 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

The loud atheist minority drummed Tim Tevo out of the NFL.

• HUDDLER
  • 8,266 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

what is this I don't even

#13 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,643 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

Zod, just shut the goddamn place down if you're going to go on this trip too. Did you know Robert Kraft didn't want Belichick because he was associated with Bill Parcells, and only hired him later because he decided enough time had passed that he could consider Belichik on his own merits?

actually, kraft wanted belichick from day one...

And as it turns out, Kraft had his eye on Belichick from the time he bought the team in 1994. After his tenure as Cleveland's head coach ended in 1995, Belichick spent one year as Bill Parcells' assistant head coach in Foxboro. However, the enmity between Kraft and Parcells forced a change after that season, and Kraft hired Pete Carroll to replace Parcells in time for the 1997 season. Parcells and Belichick moved to the New York Jets.

"We had our budget full when Belichick got fired," Kraft said. "Parcells said, 'Look, this is a guy I think we should have in the system. You talk to him and see if you agree.' I liked him from the minute I met him. That's when I realized I would eventually hire him as a coach."
Kraft and his wife Myra [she passed away last year], and Belichick and his wife, Debby, went to dinner after Parcells left the Patriots, and Kraft explained why he had to make a clean break from the Parcells era. "I probably should have hired him," Kraft said. "But in the important decisions in life, I go with my instinct. I don't think Belichick would have been right in '96. I told him when I didn't hire him that I thought he had to work on how he handled the media, how he handled things. But the real problem I had with him was he was so tight with Parcells. I thought Parcells had stuck it to us. Belichick wanted to stay with us. He didn't want to go."

Kraft hired Belichick in 2000 and watched his new coach put together the first dynasty of the salary cap era, as the Pats won three Super Bowls between 2001 and 2004. But it wasn't always easy, or pretty, and it's always interesting to see the inner workings of decisions that are more complex than they appear.

#14 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,585 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

Pfffft. The problem has been Capers, Seifert, Fox, Rivera, Polian and Hurney.

#15 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

Sell it, Jerry

• HUDDLER
  • 9,427 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

Because he's such a great owner right now?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com