I think that's a fair assessment.

#32 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,778 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

fan01- here is the deal slick. the Panthers as a franchise has hit critical mass. the bloom is off the rose that we have a NFL franchise and yes, we are grateful Jerry Richardson help bring a team here. keep in mind the concept of the PSL, a brainchild of a Charlottean, also helped fund the team. so the buy in and voice of those crying out for a winner are strong.

this isn't the local dry cleaner where they keep losing my Arrow shirt with ring around the collar or my Hugo Boss blazer. i can always walk across the street.

its been 5 years now since the last playoff game. at some point, the in between waiting period starts to add up like a broken Tetris game.
we don't want to settle for being so so. we don't want to be Cleveland or Buffalo south. Or Oakland East.

until we get invited to play golf or the executive board room of the team, our only voices are on a message board, a radio call in show or the loudest one of all. Our wallets. if you think the voices are stinging now, just wait when they began to scream with their wallets. the slow erosion until everything becomes a shell of itself.

the criticism isn't a personal indictment on JR, rather, a not so subtle way of keeping his feet to the fire.

major league posting

#33 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,778 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

it's too bad pstall that your point won't get across because we have too many fans that are stuck in 93 mode and have accepted losing. that was part of the point in my thread last week about our infatuation with second place,

#34 SZ James

SZ James

herd it on routers

• HUDDLER
  • 7,540 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

pstall analogies <3

#35 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,366 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:05 PM

Because he's such a great owner right now?

Obviously JR has had his faults, letting Hurney overstay his welcome is probably his major fault. I agree, on that note.

But how many Owners would have given TD another chance to play football after his third ACL tear?

How many Owners would have just shipped Steve Smith away instead of guiding him to be a better man and a player?

How many Owners would have went to the Hospital and provided a private jet for Olsen to get consultation for his unborn child?

I believe JR's feelings have gotten in the way of his decisions, but the players absolutely love him and speak highly of him.

#36 ThunderKatt

ThunderKatt

Hello to All my Haters

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • LocationIn yo moma

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:10 PM

Obviously JR has had his faults, letting Hurney overstay his welcome is probably his major fault. I agree, on that note.

But how many Owners would have given TD another chance to play football after his third ACL tear?

How many Owners would have just shipped Steve Smith away instead of guiding him to be a better man and a player?

How many Owners would have went to the Hospital and provided a private jet for Olsen to get consultation for his unborn child?

I believe JR's feelings have gotten in the way of his decisions, but the players absolutely love him and speak highly of him.

After reading this post, JR is the biggest team player we have. :startle:

#37 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,156 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

Only on the Huddle could JR be a greater owner than Kraft.

Belichick was hired and it doesn't matter if it was the first, second, or third take.
Several Super Bowls wins and it doesn't matter now does it?

Gotta love all the maybes and whatifs that goes on around here.

#38 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,156 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:16 PM

This reminds me of some college football arguments.

"Alabama may win National Championships but ND has better academics and a better graduation rate!"

#39 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 6,945 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:16 PM

JR does the best he knows how.... But he isn't on the top tier owners level

#40 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,505 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

Kraft would know who Jim Harbaugh is...

#41 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,366 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:20 PM

Kraft would know who Jim Harbaugh is...

He's old, and obviously hadn't been briefed on him. If anything, it was Hurney who didn't put him on the radar. Hurney wanted a push-over, and Rivera is one.

#42 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,505 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:26 PM

Remember how awkward that press conference was when he called out Peppers to be a team leader

#43 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,366 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:28 PM

Remember how awkward that press conference was when he called out Peppers to be a team leader

I'm pretty sure Beason called Peppers out as well.

#44 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,505 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:29 PM

Or when he insulted Peyton Mannings business acumen who in his late 30's already has a net worth close to $150m

#45 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,505 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:30 PM

I'm pretty sure Beason called Peppers out as well.

Something a captain does. Not a "non meddling" owner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.