68 replies to this topic

#46 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,119 posts
  • Locationfresh out the grave

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:30 PM

Remember how awkward that press conference was when he called out Peppers to be a team leader

link?

#47 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,143 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

Is it possible to be a fan of the Panthers but not Jerry Richardson the owner (not the person)?

#48 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,143 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:36 PM

link?

http://charlotte.johnlocke.org/blog/?p=1698

#49 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

Freddy Frashbear

• HUDDLER
  • 14,661 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:39 PM

It's true, Brady would've turned into a homeless drug addict under different ownership.

incidentally, if you replaced "Brady" with "Ryan Mallett" in this sentence you'd probably have an accurate description of Mallett's fate on any other franchise

#50 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,510 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

incidentally, if you replaced "Brady" with "Ryan Mallett" in this sentence you'd probably have an accurate description of Mallett's fate on any other franchise

Aye, don't clown R-mizzle.

Posted Image

#51 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,560 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:37 AM

We have always had easy-going, defensive minded, risk averse head coaches who generally keep their mouths shut in public and are friendly to the players. This has lead to a lot of 7-9 and 8-8 seasons.

Wonder if JR had a say in any of that.

#52 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,830 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:16 AM

Only on the Huddle could JR be a greater owner than Kraft.

Please quote it. I can't find it anywhere.

#53 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

__YOU CAN'T FIRE ME!__

• HUDDLER
  • 17,873 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:17 AM

Is it possible to be a fan of the Panthers but not Jerry Richardson the owner (not the person)?

Ask Raider Fans.

#54 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,830 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:21 AM

Remember how awkward that press conference was when he called out Peppers to be a team leader

Remember that awkward video in the Patriots team facility where Robert Kraft read a script with his 20 year old girlfriend? She happened to be in a bikini and ol Rob was a year removed from losing his lovely wife. What was that great line at the end before he threw the punch? All I can remember is "YOU P USSY."

But nono the Patriots never have awkward moments. Teflon Rob with CBS in his pocket are safe from any criticism.

#55 Mage

Mage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:39 AM

It is, but to constantly whine about it is getting a bit tedious.

#56 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:37 AM

I wonder if the same thing would work for this message board.

How disingenuous can you get? You're just stirring the pot by saying that indicating that if the Panthers had different ownership maybe our long history of sucking the way the Patriots did would be over. And then when people swallow it hook, line and sinker you come back with the proverbial Urkel,"What did I do".

I went for it too so great job driving traffic.

If on the off chance you randomly posted such non Panther news at the same time people are hating on the Panthers ownership and dumping on Jerry left and right then by all means I apologize.

Undo your panties from up your crack, junior.

I did not say that the Panthers needed a new owner. I only said ownership does indeed have a direct effect on the outcome. Some people seem to think it doesn't matter who is writing the checks.

I personally believe our current situation is a direct result from the owner of our team intentionally tanking the 2010 season. He purposefully sent us to the gutter for his own financial reasons while PSL holders had to pay the same amount regardless. That kind of action takes several years to recover from.

It looks like he is at least trying now, hiring a legit GM. Hopefully he can vindicate himself.

#57 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,143 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:20 AM

Remember that awkward video in the Patriots team facility where Robert Kraft read a script with his 20 year old girlfriend? She happened to be in a bikini and ol Rob was a year removed from losing his lovely wife. What was that great line at the end before he threw the punch? All I can remember is "YOU P USSY."

But nono the Patriots never have awkward moments. Teflon Rob with CBS in his pocket are safe from any criticism.

That's Rob's personal life and I judge that as much as Richardsons....not at all

My examples were all related to his influence on the team,

If Jerry yelled pussy in a video with a 20-something because he won 3 Super Bowls I would be all for it

Instead he goes all creepy uncle on Morgan Forgarty

#58 DangerClose

DangerClose

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:33 AM

I did not say that the Panthers needed a new owner. I only said ownership does indeed have a direct effect on the outcome. Some people seem to think it doesn't matter who is writing the checks.

I personally believe our current situation is a direct result from the owner of our team intentionally tanking the 2010 season. He purposefully sent us to the gutter for his own financial reasons while PSL holders had to pay the same amount regardless. That kind of action takes several years to recover from.

It looks like he is at least trying now, hiring a legit GM. Hopefully he can vindicate himself.

^^^ This

He tried to run a moneyball type scheme with cheap young talent and it failed. Most likely to secure his own wallet in the event of the impending strike. It begins and ends with leadership at the top. Zod is spot on with his assessment. JR paid dearly for his decisions in fan support, team legitimacy. Too bad quality players who were shown the door without so much as a thank you (John Kasay). Aside from some genius GM moves, It's going to take more than a couple of years to turn around the mediocrity brought about by selfish monetary business moves.

#59 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,314 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:56 AM

While you're up on your hypocritical high horse, make sure you slap Jim Irsay for tanking a season to suck for Luck. . .

And PSL owners bitching about paying for losing seasons needed their whiny bitch heads examined. What the hell did they think would happen: we'd never have losing seasons?

This board has turned into a bunch of complaining knuckleheads, when anyone with two brain cells to rub together could see we have a very bright future even if Rivera ends up canned.

#60 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,143 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:58 AM

How many times have you posted or thought that same thing since 1995.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com