Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WE (K)NEED 1st ROUND TALENT ON OUR O LINE. period

106 posts in this topic

Posted

Can we:

(1) Cut Jordan Gross

(2) Cut Chris Gamble

(3) Cut all the scrubs and old vet(s): Naka, Ron, AE, etc

(4) Draft Warmack in the 1st

(5) Draft Aboushi in the 2nd

(6) Trade up for Da'Rick Rogers or Quinton Patton

(7) Sign Alan Branch

(8) Sign Antoine Cason

(9) Sign Patrick Chung

(10) Start Winning some damn GAMES

Hahaha I remember when you would talk poo to me and call me an idiot for wanting to cut Gross and draft his replacement.

Funny how much I influence you.

Posted

Hope Warmack has a bad combine. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Posted

You should watch the game we played Denver. Cam got destroyed by the Denver defense. Von Miller was doing the superman on almost every down. Now go watch the Denver defense against a playoff calier O line versus Baltimore. As immobile as Flacco is he barely got touch. The only mention of Von Miller was how ineffective he was.

If our prospective opponent in the playoff were the bottom tier teams then I would agree with you because we all know Cam would pull it out for us. But when the opposing team's QB's head look like they're watching nascar when going thru their progression, then things can get dicy.

If I recall correctly Kalil didn't play that game? Losing him was a huge loss. He's the star of that line now. Gross, while his play isn't what it use to be, is still a starting LT talent in the NFL.

Silatolu was a rookie but I liked what I saw so far. He will/can be a starting guard in the NFL. The biggest drop of though was at RG and RT although Bell at least has at least shown signs of improvement. But still an upgrade is needed.

I agree the line isn't where it needs to be but the cupboard isn't bare.

Posted

One thing I couldnt help but notice in the Seahawks game yesterday was just how GREAT the Seahawks O Line is. Wilson has all day back there to scramble around and find guys on comeback routes or scramble out the pocket himself. At 5;11 he's undersized greatly so it makes sense they go to great lengths to protect him. It would be nice to have a better O line for our star QB. Knowing us, we'll restructure a washed up Jordan Gross and go into the next 2 seasons with him as our "best lineman". We'll rave about his leadership since he signed our kids autograph in training camp that time 4 years ago and ignore him getting beat week to week.

Posted

Yes our line is as bad as we are making them out to be. None of them should be starting on a team in the NFL

well there are about 27 or 28 teams that would take our bum all pro center off our hands as a backup at least.

Posted

1 Guard has been drafted in the top 16 since 1998. DeCastro went 24th last year, and he was highly respected. I think Warmack is the only road-grader in the draft, but 14th overall is pretty steep. I would trade down, if possible, and look for him around 20-24. If he is taken, I would draft Barrett Jones instead. He could end up as our LT when Gross leaves-I hear he has the ability.

I watched some You Tube game clips of Larry Warford from KY against Florida and Sharrif Floyd. I then watched Warmack vs. LSU. Warmack is better and gives no ground. He is 20 lbs bigger. However, Warford was very solid. Great technique and body positioning. I would be happy with either, but I would prefer Jones or Warford in the second round if you consider what we would have to give up by taking Warmack in the first.

I would be happy with Warmack, and I agree that the OL is the biggest need. I am so afraid that they will try to solve the problem by switching Silatolu and Hangarter since Hangartner had no business at RG. neither does Silatolu, but...

Posted

You have to throw out how teams used to draft. All of it changed when the rookie cap came into play. 3 years ago Warmack would not have made sense....now its close to a no brainer

Posted

In response to the comment that our OL has no legit starters:

Cut Gross and see how long he lasts on the market.

Kalil is considered to be one of the best by people who know the NFL and offensive lines.

Silatolu is a slow learner, but when the light comes on, he will beast.

I am not a fan of Bell at RT.

I do not think we have anyone who can play RG the way it needs to be played.

WIth a stud RG, Bell will get help from TEs and RBs. THere will be no need to double DTs as we had to do with Hangartner, leaving a back to block a DE, something we did at times. We are a good RG away from being very good up front.

Posted

You have to throw out how teams used to draft. All of it changed when the rookie cap came into play. 3 years ago Warmack would not have made sense....now its close to a no brainer

Coupled with the fact he is the best guard that has come out in some time.If he is there at 14 and we have him graded that high take him.Dam we have 80 million invested in rbs lets give them a line to run behind.

Posted

I have often been a proponent of secondary early, but this year I am all about Warmack in the first. We still need secondary bad as well as a DT, but RG is our biggest need and he is the perfect man to fill it.

Posted

One thing I couldnt help but notice in the Seahawks game yesterday was just how GREAT the Seahawks O Line is. Wilson has all day back there to scramble around and find guys on comeback routes or scramble out the pocket himself. At 5;11 he's undersized greatly so it makes sense they go to great lengths to protect him. It would be nice to have a better O line for our star QB. Knowing us, we'll restructure a washed up Jordan Gross and go into the next 2 seasons with him as our "best lineman". We'll rave about his leadership since he signed our kids autograph in training camp that time 4 years ago and ignore him getting beat week to week.

That's the reason they're a playoff team in a conference that includes the 49ers. That's an organization with a goal. We're an organization of people trying to keep their job going thru the motion. I wonder if the Harbaughs have any more brother. Those dudes got spine and I root for them because of that. Rivera is a dumb, lazy, spineless coach just like Fox, they do enough not to lose their job.

Posted

I have often been a proponent of secondary early, but this year I am all about Warmack in the first. We still need secondary bad as well as a DT, but RG is our biggest need and he is the perfect man to fill it.

We need to go all out in one position and fix it once and for all to be there the next 10 years with Cam. Enough of that drafing for one position for each pick bullpoo.