• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#16 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

Don't get your heart set on players this early, they may well be gone early or end up sucking at the combine.

But yes, o-line should be our top pick if someone good enough is available.

if these players are not there that would mean projected 1st rounders that fell would still be available.

Win win situation

#17 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

Just went back and watched some tape. Aboushi's foot speed is better than I thought, Although I like Fluker better as a RT than I like Aboushi as a LT.

Aboushi

https://www.youtube....h?v=WrIIBo7L0cg

Fluker

https://www.youtube....h?v=M6eoZdR-ZTQ

I can agree with that assessment. If you put Fluker at RT and draft Warmack as RG, we are instantly a good running team again. I want our Oline to destroy.

#18 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

the only way i question a Fluker or Thomas pick in the 2nd is if Rogers is still on the board.

even still id prob roll with oline. oline helps alot more ppl (qb, rb, and wrs)

#19 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,168 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:40 PM

Agreed, Niners have three first round picks on their line that is key to there success, the panthers have:

An aging LT who is on the decline
LG who played division 2 ball
A stud, but small center
God knows who at RG
And a undrafted FA at RT

..........Sometimes you have to just think about it to realize how bad it is. If you like this groups chances against playoff caliber teams, pass me whatever it is your smoking.

#20 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:42 PM

that settles it.

OL with 1st and 2nd picks lol

#21 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,968 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:10 PM

Can we:
(1) Cut Jordan Gross
(2) Cut Chris Gamble
(3) Cut all the scrubs and old vet(s): Naka, Ron, AE, etc
(4) Draft Warmack in the 1st
(5) Draft Aboushi in the 2nd
(6) Trade up for Da'Rick Rogers or Quinton Patton
(7) Sign Alan Branch
(8) Sign Antoine Cason
(9) Sign Patrick Chung
(10) Start Winning some damn GAMES

#22 Guest_BlueBoy_*

Guest_BlueBoy_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:17 PM

(k)need?

Anyway...yes...fill that RG spot with Warmack. That will help Bell in the process at RT.

"(k)need". It's a pun, implying if we don't fix the O line Cam will need knee reconstructive surgery like RG3.

#23 mountainpantherfan2

mountainpantherfan2

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:17 PM

When building a team you start with the cornerstones, QB and the defensive QB many times the MLB. Then you place a foundation which is your lines.

Teams that have this foundation and cornerstones are able to plug in skill players and find success.

But this can't be done in one offseason. But I do believe it can be done in two and Gettleman can come close this year. But as much as fans will agree with the approach when players begin to get cut like possibly DeAngelo the reaction will be quite different.

#24 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

Well it's a good thing we got rid of a GM who only drafted RB's and LB's in the first round now isn't it?

Let's see what Mr. Gettleman will do.

#25 mountainpantherfan2

mountainpantherfan2

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

Agreed, Niners have three first round picks on their line that is key to there success, the panthers have:

An aging LT who is on the decline
LG who played division 2 ball
A stud, but small center
God knows who at RG
And a undrafted FA at RT

..........Sometimes you have to just think about it to realize how bad it is. If you like this groups chances against playoff caliber teams, pass me whatever it is your smoking.

Not all great O-Lines have a bunch of 1st rounders on them and some pretty horrible ones do. It's not where the players are drafted that's important. This line isn't as bad as you are trying to make them appear. But there room for improvement starting at RT. I like Bell but an upgrade is needed.

#26 Guest_BlueBoy_*

Guest_BlueBoy_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:32 PM

Also it's not easy to have a boss oline, backfield, dline, secondary, wr, qb etc. So don't pretend like coaches and GM's don't think it is important.....pretty fuging sure they do.

Well, some coaches are so defensive minded(Rivera, Lovie Smith) that they don't concern themselves with the offensive side. That's why their QBs get killed. They believe if they can get enough turn overs and run the ball they gonna win championships. Thus they get fired leaving good defenses behind and act like they didn't expect to be canned.

#27 beastson

beastson

Big Money

• HUDDLER
  • 9,679 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:51 PM

I WANT KEENAN ALLEN

#28 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,978 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:55 PM

I wasn't happy when I heard that Lewan and Matthews were going back to school. Joeckel will be long gone by 14 and likely Fisher as well. That leaves Warmack at G (maybe) and Jonathan Cooper available at our pick. I'd like Warmack because he will be the best player available that fills an immediate need but I wouldn't be all that surprised to see us pass on him in favor of a DT and address the offensive line in round 2. In the second I'd be happy with Dallas Thomas, Justin Pugh, Barrett Jones, Fluker, or Oday Aboushi.

The combine will solidify where a lot of prospects will land.

I'm a big UNC fan and I'm saying that #14 is way too high for Cooper. He's a good OG prospect, no doubt. But it takes a truly special OG prospect to go #14 overall. He's not THAT type of OG prospect.

#29 Malt Liquor

Malt Liquor

Smoothest cat n da city

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:09 AM

Not all great O-Lines have a bunch of 1st rounders on them and some pretty horrible ones do. It's not where the players are drafted that's important. This line isn't as bad as you are trying to make them appear. But there room for improvement starting at RT. I like Bell but an upgrade is needed.

Yes our line is as bad as we are making them out to be. None of them should be starting on a team in the NFL

#30 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,601 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:33 AM

Yes our line is as bad as we are making them out to be. None of them should be starting on a team in the NFL

This is a joke, right?

I know you couldn't actually believe that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com