#46 Goondal

Goondal

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,519 posts
  • LocationHighlands Ranch, CO

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:46 AM

I have often been a proponent of secondary early, but this year I am all about Warmack in the first. We still need secondary bad as well as a DT, but RG is our biggest need and he is the perfect man to fill it.

#47 Guest_BlueBoy_*

Guest_BlueBoy_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:54 PM

One thing I couldnt help but notice in the Seahawks game yesterday was just how GREAT the Seahawks O Line is. Wilson has all day back there to scramble around and find guys on comeback routes or scramble out the pocket himself. At 5;11 he's undersized greatly so it makes sense they go to great lengths to protect him. It would be nice to have a better O line for our star QB. Knowing us, we'll restructure a washed up Jordan Gross and go into the next 2 seasons with him as our "best lineman". We'll rave about his leadership since he signed our kids autograph in training camp that time 4 years ago and ignore him getting beat week to week.

That's the reason they're a playoff team in a conference that includes the 49ers. That's an organization with a goal. We're an organization of people trying to keep their job going thru the motion. I wonder if the Harbaughs have any more brother. Those dudes got spine and I root for them because of that. Rivera is a dumb, lazy, spineless coach just like Fox, they do enough not to lose their job.

#48 Guest_BlueBoy_*

Guest_BlueBoy_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:57 PM

I have often been a proponent of secondary early, but this year I am all about Warmack in the first. We still need secondary bad as well as a DT, but RG is our biggest need and he is the perfect man to fill it.

We need to go all out in one position and fix it once and for all to be there the next 10 years with Cam. Enough of that drafing for one position for each pick bullpoo.

#49 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,232 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:12 PM

Picking 2 O Linemen would benefit us just as much as picking 2 different positions. But i would be happy with either scenario.

#50 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,802 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:28 PM

You don't need a ballin secondary to win. You do have to have a dominant o line to keep your qb clean and pound the rock. As for you DT and WR guys ask how Suh, Fairley and Megatron are enjoying the playoffs.

#51 micnificent28

micnificent28

• HUDDLER
  • 3,090 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:50 PM

Im warming up to this warmack kid. I would say beyond some time bending earth shattering mistake that we lane star, this is the guy im highest on for us at this time.

#52 cookinbrak

cookinbrak

tastes like chicken...

• HUDDLER
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

If we got Warmack in the first, or traded back a bit and got Cooper, and got Barrett Jones in the second, we could literally own time of possession and win games just by running non-stop.

#53 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,742 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:29 PM

Was Carl Nicks a first rounder?? He was a fifth rounder. If Gettleman is as good as they say he is, we can get first rounder performance in the 3rd or 4th round.

#54 jungleking

jungleking

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:40 PM

If we want to upgrade our offensive line at the fourteenth pick, it should only be with a tackle. Picking a guard in the first sixteen picks is just horrendous value.

#55 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,316 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:07 PM

Was Carl Nicks a first rounder?? He was a fifth rounder. If Gettleman is as good as they say he is, we can get first rounder performance in the 3rd or 4th round.

How often do teams strike gold on a guy like Nicks in the 5th round? Hint: blue moon. Our OLine was awful this year. The teams that consistently make the playoffs have great OLines. You don't ignore a player like Warmack when our needs on the line are so obvious.

Without Cam this team is basically nothing. Better start addressing his protection...right now. Like someone said earlier....fix this problem long term with players like Warmack, Jones etc

#56 biggdownunder

biggdownunder

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Locationsydney, australia

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:16 AM

warmack in the 1st, and barrett jones in the 2nd.

#57 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,000 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:57 AM

By that logic, Brady was a 6th rounder. We should have passed on Cam because you should be able to draft your franchise qB in the 4th-6th rounds.

#58 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,742 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:06 AM

How often do teams strike gold on a guy like Nicks in the 5th round? Hint: blue moon. Our OLine was awful this year. The teams that consistently make the playoffs have great OLines. You don't ignore a player like Warmack when our needs on the line are so obvious.

Without Cam this team is basically nothing. Better start addressing his protection...right now. Like someone said earlier....fix this problem long term with players like Warmack, Jones etc

I have no problem upgrading on the o line but don't think you have to waste your highest picks on guards for example. For example San Francisco which has the best offensive line running the ball according to Football Outsiders had a 5th rounder for a center, Goodwin. Alex Boone who starts at right tackle is an undrafted free agent.
The best line protecting the quarterback, Detroit, has a guard in Robert Sims drafted by Seattle in the 5th round. Peterman on the other side was picked in the third round.

Lets look at NE who everyone toutes as having a great line. They have the philosophy of the next man up after injuries have caused issues. Still when their right tackle went down, Volmer- a second rounder, Marcus Cannon stepped in who is a fifth rounder with good results. Dan Connolly, their starting right guard is an undrafted free agent.

Let me check the moon lately, maybe it is a tad bit blue..........................................

#59 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,742 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:08 AM

By that logic, Brady was a 6th rounder. We should have passed on Cam because you should be able to draft your franchise qB in the 4th-6th rounds.

That might be your logic, not mine. What I am saying is that many teams pick guards and centers outside of the first 2 rounds with great success. About the only position where it seems you have to have a first rounder is at left tackle. See above post.

#60 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,316 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:47 AM

I have no problem upgrading on the o line but don't think you have to waste your highest picks on guards for example. For example San Francisco which has the best offensive line running the ball according to Football Outsiders had a 5th rounder for a center, Goodwin. Alex Boone who starts at right tackle is an undrafted free agent.
The best line protecting the quarterback, Detroit, has a guard in Robert Sims drafted by Seattle in the 5th round. Peterman on the other side was picked in the third round.

Lets look at NE who everyone toutes as having a great line. They have the philosophy of the next man up after injuries have caused issues. Still when their right tackle went down, Volmer- a second rounder, Marcus Cannon stepped in who is a fifth rounder with good results. Dan Connolly, their starting right guard is an undrafted free agent.

Let me check the moon lately, maybe it is a tad bit blue..........................................

Now go back in and name all of the top round picks on OLines....

Diamonds in the rough are rare and hard to come by and are not always available every single draft.

Warmack is talented enough to justify being picked at 14. You don't ignore talent or BPA especially when this team has glaring needs on the OLine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com