- - - - -

WE (K)NEED 1st ROUND TALENT ON OUR O LINE. period

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
105 replies to this topic

#97 jarhead

jarhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

1st round will be a safe pick I have a feeling.We cant screw this up

#98 MHS831

MHS831

HUDDLER

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:33 PM

1st round will be a safe pick I have a feeling.We cant screw this up

I think it could be, but I am not sure we go Guard. However, G would be the safest. You are right though--screwing up that pick could be bad. However, if I was going to draft an OL at #14, I take a look at a LT like Fisher. I really hope we can trade down.

#99 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

HUDDLER

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

Don't agree with your black and white concrete thinking. I think we use our first on a skill position and draft or pick up guards later in the draft or in free agency on a 1 year deal. Gettleman in his conference call today said you don't have to unload the bank or overspend for good players. They said they had success going after guys they wanted on short term contracts to fill in while you wait until the right circumstance to use your high draft picks.

So if Warmack is so great and is gone by pick 14 then what. Your obsession with 1 player is ridiculous.

I'm trying to prove a point that an organization should not limit themselves on who they select based on subjective "value" or by disqualifying players because of their position.

Really has nothing to do with Warmack. He's the example.

You think we can just mix and match and plug in OLine pieces and be successful.

I'd rather follow a 49ers plan. Look at their fronts compared to ours. It's really no contest..

#100 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

HUDDLER

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:40 PM

Everyone assumes the offensive line sucks because we have bad players. Lets consider when you lose your all pro center, move your starting right guard to center, have a rookie at left guard and have to juggle pieces around, what kind of continuity and chemistry can you have.

We need a right guard that is really it. We don't have to replace the whole line.

After reading this statement I no longer have any desire to ever say anything to you again. Wow...just...wow.

#101 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

HUDDLER

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:15 PM

After reading this statement I no longer have any desire to ever say anything to you again. Wow...just...wow.

Do me a favor and stick to that. Sorry if I don't suffer fools lightly.

#102 jungleking

jungleking

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:39 AM

lol

Hutchinson didn't either, so I don't see why it's such a ludicrous idea.

#103 Guest_BlueBoy_*

Guest_BlueBoy_*
Guests

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

Today again prove choir boy O Line can't win you superbowl. Both QBs were untouched leaving the playmakers to make play and flourish.

#104 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:33 PM

With the 14th pick you need a playmaker, a game changer. Sorry, but a Guard does not fit that criteria.

A ballhawking DB. A dominant DT. Those are game changers. Hell, even a WR is better than taking a Guard.

The only O-linmen you take at 14 is a LT, and we really don't need to waste that pick this year.

#105 MrBubba

MrBubba

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

Take good tackle play at RT as rook then move Bell to RG. Second year move to LT and release gross

#106 Cpt slay a ho

Cpt slay a ho

Lord Flacko

HUDDLER

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:14 PM

I hope that if they take a o linemen in the first they follow with a wr, or if they go dt they go safety in the second. either build the offense up or build the defense up don't try and do both i hope they go all offense in the first two rounds, unless a dt that can't be passed up falls to us, our defense isn't the greatest but it's good enough now to allow us to outscore opponents kinda like the patriots and saints d during there Superbowl runs.