Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CRA

Cam Newton needs to quit this BS

93 posts in this topic

We as a fanbase should know better than anyone that a 21 point lead isn't exactly insurmountable. And if you're on the right side of that number, you need to keep your foot on the gas. Converting on 3rd and long probably went a good way towards icing that game.

Granted, I don't think he should have done it. It was just a first down.... I am hardly a Brady fan boy, but he does have enough rings to celebrate what he feels is worthy of celebration.

in other words, i don't think he should have done it but i'm going to make excuses for him anyway

When Cam did the "Superman" against the Giants I think he thought that they could come back at that point. He has scored garbage time TD's before when we were getting blown out and did not celebrate. Aaron Rodgers was doing his belt thing before he had won squat. Brady got into a screaming match with his OC on the sideline when he was losing 2 years ago, is that the mature thing to do? This stuff is ridiculous

Tom Brady has also won 3 Super Bowls. He can get away with more because he's proven.

What is the difference between Brady/JJ Watt and Cam? We all know what it is, everyone's just afraid to say it.

If cam got pumped up after a first down, up by 20, or spit on his opponents logo...holy mother of god he would get fined 25k, get banned from ESPN, lose all his sponsors, receive death threats forcing him to be traded elsewhere to play back up QB.

But those good ole American boys Brady and Watt sure are friendly, iconic football players!!! Bless their hearts and America!! Romney 2012!!

Tom Brady has also won 3 Super Bowls. He can get away with more because he's proven.

Yeah yeah yeah and it's awesome that JJ Watt spit on the Pats logo. JJ Watt can totally do that, it's good leadership.

Cam can't have fun or be competitive though. If only his name was Dan Smith and he was from Utah.

No QB is going to get criticized for one fist pump in a playoff game. That they are winning.

You really can't take anything ESPN says seriously. They employ Skip Bayless. That's like getting mad when Clay Aiken criticizes your favorite rock band. (You guys would probably rage). ESPN is really geared towards young people. Really as an adult it's embarassing to watch 45 year old men say "bro" and "shizzle" on live TV.

snoop dogg is 41. just thought that was interesting.

I don't see much of a difference

Of course you don't.

its funny that people think its bad form for a player to rally their team.

that's what they're trying to do. its not a celebration...it's an effort to get their teammates fired up and rolling.

step out of your boring little boxes. showing emotion is ok.

2 people like this

CK has already gotten plenty of criticism

Links?

Since he's received "plenty of criticism" should be easy .