92 replies to this topic

#46 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,668 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:12 AM

He's comparing Tom Brady making an important first down in a playoff game and then celebrating to Cam Newton celebrating every first down he makes, regardless of regular season wins and losses or the score of the game.

Important first down? It's just a first down. They are up 28-7. Hardly "important". Unless you want to say EVERY 1st down is important, then sure.

#47 Vagrant

Vagrant

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:15 AM

We should really see other people. You did attack my spelling. "Your ignorance" is correct. It shows you possess ignorance. You are ignorant is also correct, there is no internet bro code against typing out contractions long form. In fact there is no internet bro code on forum typing at all. Get over yourself, it's just the internet.

I didn't say you spelled "your" wrong. I never implied that. Your spelling of argument is what caused the bad spelling joke.... which is exactly what it was. I was an English major as an undergrad and was always instructed to communicate clearly regardless of the social forum. It helps you avoid bad habits if you have to do any kind of work that involves sending professional correspondence. Anybody so inclined could correct internet posts, but the true irony was in the fact that you were chiding me for my ignorance while making a slew of typographical errors.

My post was more in reference to the fact that you quoted a decent sized post of mine, refuted nothing, and called me ignorant. That's pretty weak.

#48 Vagrant

Vagrant

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:19 AM

Important first down? It's just a first down. They are up 28-7. Hardly "important". Unless you want to say EVERY 1st down is important, then sure.

We as a fanbase should know better than anyone that a 21 point lead isn't exactly insurmountable. And if you're on the right side of that number, you need to keep your foot on the gas. Converting on 3rd and long probably went a good way towards icing that game.

Granted, I don't think he should have done it. It was just a first down.... I am hardly a Brady fan boy, but he does have enough rings to celebrate what he feels is worthy of celebration.

#49 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,495 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:23 AM

Yeah, when we're down big, say 20 points going into the 4th, we shouldn't show emotion when a positive play is made, or do something to try to fire up our teammates. We should just humbly take our whipping and go home.

After all, football isn't a game of emotions, and teams never come back from 20 point deficits going into the 4th. Right?

#50 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,869 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:36 AM

I didn't say you spelled "your" wrong. I never implied that. Your spelling of argument is what caused the bad spelling joke.... which is exactly what it was. I was an English major as an undergrad and was always instructed to communicate clearly regardless of the social forum. It helps you avoid bad habits if you have to do any kind of work that involves sending professional correspondence. Anybody so inclined could correct internet posts, but the true irony was in the fact that you were chiding me for my ignorance while making a slew of typographical errors.

My post was more in reference to the fact that you quoted a decent sized post of mine, refuted nothing, and called me ignorant. That's pretty weak.

Yes this is why we are not on the same page. I am engineering. I work in a world of ALL CAPS. Where everything is inserted from previously built blocks. I do my best to correspond properly but my mind does not place value in grammar or spelling.

#51 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,113 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:46 AM

We as a fanbase should know better than anyone that a 21 point lead isn't exactly insurmountable. And if you're on the right side of that number, you need to keep your foot on the gas. Converting on 3rd and long probably went a good way towards icing that game.

Granted, I don't think he should have done it. It was just a first down.... I am hardly a Brady fan boy, but he does have enough rings to celebrate what he feels is worthy of celebration.

in other words, i don't think he should have done it but i'm going to make excuses for him anyway

#52 poorboysrev

poorboysrev

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:50 AM

When Cam did the "Superman" against the Giants I think he thought that they could come back at that point. He has scored garbage time TD's before when we were getting blown out and did not celebrate. Aaron Rodgers was doing his belt thing before he had won squat. Brady got into a screaming match with his OC on the sideline when he was losing 2 years ago, is that the mature thing to do? This stuff is ridiculous

#53 TylerVagyler

TylerVagyler

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:08 AM

Tom Brady has also won 3 Super Bowls. He can get away with more because he's proven.

#54 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:09 AM

What is the difference between Brady/JJ Watt and Cam? We all know what it is, everyone's just afraid to say it.

If cam got pumped up after a first down, up by 20, or spit on his opponents logo...holy mother of god he would get fined 25k, get banned from ESPN, lose all his sponsors, receive death threats forcing him to be traded elsewhere to play back up QB.

But those good ole American boys Brady and Watt sure are friendly, iconic football players!!! Bless their hearts and America!! Romney 2012!!

#55 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:13 AM

Tom Brady has also won 3 Super Bowls. He can get away with more because he's proven.

Yeah yeah yeah and it's awesome that JJ Watt spit on the Pats logo. JJ Watt can totally do that, it's good leadership.

Cam can't have fun or be competitive though. If only his name was Dan Smith and he was from Utah.

#56 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,240 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:22 AM

No QB is going to get criticized for one fist pump in a playoff game. That they are winning.

#57 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,604 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:34 AM

You really can't take anything ESPN says seriously. They employ Skip Bayless. That's like getting mad when Clay Aiken criticizes your favorite rock band. (You guys would probably rage). ESPN is really geared towards young people. Really as an adult it's embarassing to watch 45 year old men say "bro" and "shizzle" on live TV.

snoop dogg is 41. just thought that was interesting.

#58 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 4,489 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:39 AM

I don't see much of a difference

Of course you don't.

#59 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,604 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:41 AM

its funny that people think its bad form for a player to rally their team.

that's what they're trying to do. its not a celebration...it's an effort to get their teammates fired up and rolling.

step out of your boring little boxes. showing emotion is ok.

#60 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 4,489 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:42 AM

CK has already gotten plenty of criticism

Links?

Since he's received "plenty of criticism" should be easy .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com