Photo
- - - - -

Best young QB in the game?

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

Poll: Best young QB in the game? (172 member(s) have cast votes)

Who is the best young QB in the game

1. Cam Newton (109 votes [63.37%])

Percentage of vote: 63.37%

2. Colin Kaepernick (13 votes [7.56%])

Percentage of vote: 7.56%

3. RGIII (4 votes [2.33%])

Percentage of vote: 2.33%

4. Andrew Luck (11 votes [6.40%])

Percentage of vote: 6.40%

5. Voted Russell Wilson (34 votes [19.77%])

Percentage of vote: 19.77%

6. Andy Dalton (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. Sam Bradford (1 votes [0.58%])

Percentage of vote: 0.58%

8. other (name) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Salvo

Salvo

BEWB

• ALL-PRO
  • 901 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:26 PM

All these other QBs that can run need to be careful. Griffin is a twig and Wilson is not much bigger. Kaep has nice size (6'4, 230), but he needs to dial back his running a bit if he wants to stick around. Contrary to what ESPN would love to have you believe, opposing defenses will be ready for them next year like they were for Cam early on this season.

Cam overcame the early "slump" and matured. He's ready now to take it to the next level. The other young QBs have yet to face the kind of adversity he encountered this year.

#62 Guest_BlueBoy_*

Guest_BlueBoy_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:37 PM

And that is fine. But if we're talking right now, who is better, it is Griffin until proven otherwise. I have no issue if people take Luck over RG3 going forward. But I assumed we were talking present time.

I don't think Luck has shown anything at this point and we can't assume he'll get better. But the other rookies don't really need to improve other than the experience factor which will come with time. Luck is almost a project that should have been sitting behind a veteran. he has so much to work on in the off season. From accuracy to decision making to arm strength. So many question marks.

#63 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,087 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:45 PM

How can ppl seriously take Kaepernick over Cam? Cam is a better passer and runner that Kaep.... I mean have you guys watched Kaep play?(other than this weekend)
Its mind boggling to me. I can understand Wilson but Kaep? I just don't get it.

I guess they look at the most recent game from Saturday night and they forget everything they already didnt know about football and declare him the best. It's safe to assume that was probably one of their first times watching him play.

#64 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 41,454 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:49 PM

Kaepernick is the shiny new toy of the moment, but it's not really all that unwarranted. He's played pretty well in a high pressure setting.

#65 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,357 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

Kapernick literally has the best system you could possibly put a quarterback in. Best O-line, solid receivers, best coach, defense that is dominant. He's got a lot of upside, and deserves praise for beating the Packers...at the same time it looked like Dom Capers and company did ZERO preparation for him. However, he struggled against Seattle's D earlier this month.

It comes down to Cam or Russell for me, I think I give Russell the slight edge at this point only because he seems to make better throws/decisions on the run.

#66 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,566 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:16 PM

Russell barely over Cam.

Best football player...Cam, best QB right now Russell.

Totally comes from playing in 50 games in college. Cam should get there, and zoom right on by.

#67 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,566 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

Also, as to who I would take as a coach...the add on to this, is how much job security do I have?

#68 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 10,087 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

Also, as to who I would take as a coach...the add on to this, is how much job security do I have?

you're on the hot seat, you have to win next year

#69 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

biased as well so I'm sticking with Russell Wilson.

I think he's got the legs of a running quarterback, the arm of a throwing quarterback, the work ethic and the brain of an elite athlete. yup..he's shorter than the rules of engagement might dictate, but I don't think it's an issue for him.

#70 PiratePanther189

PiratePanther189

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:18 PM

Unless Shanahan grows a brain and restructures their offense, RGIII won't be around long enough for anyone to remember. I don't care how productive it was, that offense was a death trap for RGIII.

#71 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,915 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

Every single one of those other QBs listed have better teams than the Panthers in several aspects. Most importantly the offensive line.

#72 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,416 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

Experience and winning are the only things holding Cam back compared to the rest, he is still learning. But even with that he still had the best first 2 years of any QB in history. LOL

#73 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,566 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:55 AM

you're on the hot seat, you have to win next year

Wilson then.

If I have 5...Cam.

#74 iampantherman

iampantherman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:09 AM

Russell Wilson, without hesitation. I've warmed up to Cam, and I love his game, but I love everything about Russell Wilson. He's just so polished, both on and off the field. There is a quality that he possesses that will make him a consistent winner imo. For example, after the loss to the Falcons when he was interviewed, he admitted that he was sad at first, but he said that quickly vanished for him because he already felt an excitement building for next season. I love that attitude! Professional, positive, smart, athletic, greeat leadership- just what I would want in a franchise QB.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com