Photo
- - - - -

Cleveland violated league tampering rules?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#31 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,050 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:34 PM

lol i hope this is true.

wouldn't be a bit surprised for chud to not know this is a big no- no. they've got no GM and it appears that they've told him he can do what he wants with personnel. they may have forgotten to ask him that one kind of important question, "do you know the rules?"

i guess when you have to settle on your 11th choice you're willing to let a couple things slide.

That's an interesting point. Chud has never worked on the personnel side, and right now he's got free reign to do as he pleases, so it wouldn't surprise me if he did contact DA and there are breadcrumbs to prove it.

#32 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,180 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:36 PM

Make all the crappy comments you want, but have any of you seen the list of FA QBs? Which one of them would you rather have over DA? Batch, Carr, Moore, etc?

#33 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,747 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:39 PM

Charlie Batch actually has a pretty good record as a backup. He's getting up there, though.

#34 MtnJax

MtnJax

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:43 PM

Charlie Batch actually has a pretty good record as a backup. He's getting up there, though.

the same Charlie Batch that looked like teh Jimmy against the Browns?

#35 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,747 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:48 PM

the same Charlie Batch that looked like teh Jimmy against the Browns?

He's won a fair number of games in relief over the past few years with the Steelers.

But yeah, he's up in age and probably on the downside.

Still not a bad choice for a team with a fairly durable QB though.

#36 Salvo

Salvo

BEWB

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:56 PM

Part of the reason for having DA around for Cam was the veteran experience. It was much more than having another capable arm in the waiting, but also to have someone who's been around the league for awhile and knew the offense.

It's going to be Cam's 3rd year...while having a veteran behind him would be ideal, it's not necessary anymore.

#37 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,313 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:58 PM

CLE has already used their 2 this year when they got Gordon in the Supplemental. FWIW, the Bears only got a 5th in the Lance Briggs tampering a few years back.

Pick is a Pick :)

#38 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:02 PM

Pick is a Pick :)

yeah, i'm not picky about a pick.

#39 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,747 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:07 PM

I'd be picky but don't want to be a prick.

#40 beastson52

beastson52

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • LocationEl Paso Tx

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:42 PM

Did Chud leave on bad terms with the Panthers? It seems he's throwing some big "efff u's " towards Rivera!

#41 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,747 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:45 PM

Just the opposite. Quite good terms between he and Rivera.

Chudzinski doesn't technically have anything to do with this. The whole story is based on a Facebook post from Derek Anderson. The rest is tinfoil hat material.

#42 beastson52

beastson52

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • LocationEl Paso Tx

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:56 PM

Just the opposite. Quite good terms between he and Rivera.

Chudzinski doesn't technically have anything to do with this. The whole story is based on a Facebook post from Derek Anderson. The rest is tinfoil hat material.

But according to DA someone has indeed contacted him about returning to Cleveland. There is absolutely no benefit in him making that up on Facebook. Maybe Chud didn't contact him directly but, you have to assume as head coach he knew before hand that someone was going to reach out to DA.

On second thought, Chud might be doing this as a big o'l "EEEFFF U" to the panther fan base for bashing him all season.

#43 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,747 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:05 PM

But according to DA someone has indeed contacted him about returning to Cleveland. There is absolutely no benefit in him making that up on Facebook. Maybe Chud didn't contact him directly but, you have to assume as head coach he knew before hand that someone was going to reach out to DA.

On second thought, Chud might be doing this as a big o'l "EEEFFF U" to the panther fan base for bashing him all season.

Actually the guy whose Twitter report the Rotoworld piece was based on (Mike Cairns) restracted and said there's been no official contact between the team and Anderson. My guess is he misinterpreted something he heard.

It's possible Chudzinski and Anderson might have discussed "what if" prior to Chudzinski getting the job, but that's not really tampering.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.