Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SZ James (banned)

Petition to bring back Matt Moore

75 posts in this topic

What the fug is with this franchise and it's fascination with below-average players?

Yeah but for four out of 5 games back in 2009 he was slightly above average!!!111

I'd rather just keep Jimmy over Moore.

Eeeeehhh, no :unsure:

You might be the only one on here with that take.

Moore wasn't great as a full time starter, but he was at least decent in spot duty (which is what we're talking about when we look for a backup QB for a durable starter),

Clausen, on the other hand, was terrible. He needs a WCO team to have any chance at all.

Exactly!

Actually I am not so sure he would play there. Ricky Ray had a good season for 'em.

Yeah but for four out of 5 games back in 2009 he was slightly above average!!!111

That was then. Anyone could've been our QB and we would've call him GOD

Actually I am not so sure he would play there. Ricky Ray had a good season for 'em.

Then I guess he'll be starting under center somewhere in a factory job like everyone else

David Superstar Carr...sign him up.

replacing one pooty QB who can't get it done with another isn't a step forward.

I don't think he's getting a starting job anywhere.

Wise choice for him would be to choose the best backup job available. You could argue that's here.

No, you can't argue that. The best place for him is a team with a crappy QB who might get benched. Jacksonville, Cleveland, St. Louis, Arizona, Philly, Kansas City... all better spots for the guy.

Yea that place was Miami and they ended up having to draft a QB a no. 8

I don't think teams end up "having" to draft a talented young quarterback; they generally "want" to draft a talented young quarterback. Plus, at least one of Arizona, New York, or Buffalo is going to miss out on a quarterback, and they are going to need somebody to play better than John Skelton or Mark Sanchez. Matt Moore is that person.

No, you can't argue that. The best place for him is a team with a crappy QB who might get benched. Jacksonville, Cleveland, St. Louis, Arizona, Philly, Kansas City... all better spots for the guy.

If he still believes he's a starter, that's probably true.

If you acknowledge that he's not really starter material and would be better served taking a "career backup" path (which was my suggestion) then yes the Panthers job looks pretty good.

How Moore perceives things is unknown, but it's true that a lot of perennial backups tend toward thinking they're better than they really are.

1 person likes this

Rob Johnson reincarnate