• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#61 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,494 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

He would be a solid backup. But I do think that he might be able to get a starting job somewhere. For example, had he played for the Jets this year, he would have been a vast improvement over The Golden Calf of Bristol and the other guy.

#62 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,225 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

For example, had he played for the Jets this year, he would have been a vast improvement over The Golden Calf of Bristol and the other guy.

In fairness, so would you or I.

#63 panthers04100

panthers04100

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

matt moore is the backup in the nfl

#64 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • 5,586 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

Signed

#65 SpeedOFLight

SpeedOFLight

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,252 posts
  • LocationGreensboro NC

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:38 PM

In fairness, so would you or I.

Simple response and funny as can be. I needed that laugh today lol thanks man

#66 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 11,232 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:13 PM

Yeah sure why not

#67 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,450 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:17 PM

Good grief, how do you guys function in life while living so much in the past?

If it isn't a John Fox thread, it's a Matt Moore thread. He's not coming back, let it go please..........

#68 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,709 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:38 PM

Not the kind of guy I'd want. Matt has decent talent but he has underachieved. Give me a guy with equal or lesser talent, but that gets everything he can out of his skill set.

I don't want some laid back, doesn't really give a crap QB in the meeting room with Cam, and that's how I perceive Matt.

#69 j2sgam

j2sgam

cant beat the original...

• HUDDLER
  • 4,079 posts
  • Locationtryin to figure it out...

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:40 AM

I want Jason Campbell.

This is a move I would like to see.. Campbell did decent in Washington for 5 years even with having a new system each year, wasnt bad in Oaktown either until he got hurt. Thought he did decent in his limited playtime this season behind Cutler...

#70 byroan

byroan

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:13 AM

The reason he hasn't re-signed with Miami is because he wants to start and is going to test free agency. Otherwise he would have accepted Miami's deal to backup Tannehill again.

#71 Third Degree

Third Degree

Socks are for your feet, silly

• HUDDLER
  • 4,989 posts
  • Location704

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:04 AM

I'm wondering what the backlash would be if Gettleman brought in Sanchez as a backup.

#72 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,225 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:09 AM

This is a move I would like to see.. Campbell did decent in Washington for 5 years even with having a new system each year, wasnt bad in Oaktown either until he got hurt. Thought he did decent in his limited playtime this season behind Cutler...

Jackson benched him a couple of times and ultimately traded for Carson Palmer after he got hurt.

If we got Jackson as OC, I'm not sure how Campbell would feel about coming here.

Given the choice between Jackson as OC and Campbell as backup QB, which would you rather we get?

#73 j2sgam

j2sgam

cant beat the original...

• HUDDLER
  • 4,079 posts
  • Locationtryin to figure it out...

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:40 AM

Jackson benched him a couple of times and ultimately traded for Carson Palmer after he got hurt.

If we got Jackson as OC, I'm not sure how Campbell would feel about coming here.

Given the choice between Jackson as OC and Campbell as backup QB, which would you rather we get?

Great question, sir... Jackson benched Campbell his 1st year, got hurt the 2nd, iirc. That Palmer trade was horrible, still wondering what people were thinking giving up that much for him. You think its tough with this team making questionable moves? Try being a Raider fan, its been years of head scratchin, wtf moments...

I would take Jackson voer Campbell. We can find a young QB prospect that could do better than Campbell in the draft. I dont know as much about the possible OC candidates, but IMO its easier to get a good backup QB than it is a good OC... I could give you a better answer if I followed NCAA fball & paid more attention to other teams...

#74 ZackAttack23

ZackAttack23

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:20 PM

Great question, sir... Jackson benched Campbell his 1st year, got hurt the 2nd, iirc. That Palmer trade was horrible, still wondering what people were thinking giving up that much for him. You think its tough with this team making questionable moves? Try being a Raider fan, its been years of head scratchin, wtf moments...

I would take Jackson voer Campbell. We can find a young QB prospect that could do better than Campbell in the draft. I dont know as much about the possible OC candidates, but IMO its easier to get a good backup QB than it is a good OC... I could give you a better answer if I followed NCAA fball & paid more attention to other teams...

Would only want QB in draft if we traded back for more picks, whether it be we trade our 1st or 2nd.

#75 PantherFanOne

PantherFanOne

• HUDDLER
  • 2,322 posts
  • LocationRock Hill S.C.

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

great suggestion for Gettlemens first move - follow a petition signed by 6 huddlers

Make that seven. I would be glad to sign the petition to get Matt Moore as our backup quarterback.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com