Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Describe the biggest asshole you work with or have worked with

68 posts in this topic

Posted

He killed her.

I know Ellen likes orchids, so I'll bring those to the funeral.

Posted

thanks for the laugh

and I prefer sunflowers or star gazer lilies

Posted

this guy that used to work here was a steelers fan. the end

Posted

My tale of woe:

I've worked for this company for over a year. It's 3 hours from everyone I know, but I bit the bullet in this economic climate.

Anyway, it's a Regional Office (just the two of us - myself and the boss), except my boss is the Senior Regional Manager (there are 8 regions in England) so he's in on a lot of the national decisions.

Over the last 8 months we've been in the process of applying for funding again from Sport England - which means that my manager has had a huge national focus, kicking all of the regional work to me. So I've been doing my own work and 70% of HIS regional work for no extra pay. (basically he just double checked everything I'd done on his behalf was right, then signed off on it - as I've never made a mistake he's just got into the habit of signing off on it).

So I figure it's good for the reference and he assured me that my work was getting noticed. However, there's an incompetent brown noser at Head Office (as in I have to double check everything he says because he fugs up orders etc so often) who has been at the company 6 months less than me who has just received a pay rise and a promotion over me.

Went to my manager and asked - he said it was in recognition of his hard work. I asked if, during all of his numerous meetings with the senior players, he'd mentioned how much extra work I was doing - he said it hadn't come up.

On top of all this someone else at my level (who again isn't as good at her job as me) has just taken a job elsewhere with a £10k pay rise.

TL;DR - frustrated with my job, but feeling guilty about applying elsewhere.

Posted

thanks for the laugh

and I prefer sunflowers or star gazer lilies

well, wtf happened?

Posted

well, wtf happened?

Was also gonna ask this.

Posted

It actually went really well! He didn't yell or get mad or anything. My last day is February 28 :)

as I walked down the stairs..and sat in front of him..I seriously thought my heart was going to beat out of my chest..

tumblr_lt4i6t4wBf1qzozj1.gif

I feel soooooooooo much better now!

Posted

It actually went really well! He didn't yell or get mad or anything. My last day is February 28 :)

as I walked down the stairs..and sat in front of him..I seriously thought my heart was going to beat out of my chest..

tumblr_lt4i6t4wBf1qzozj1.gif

I feel soooooooooo much better now!

Congrats!