67 replies to this topic

#61 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,713 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:05 PM

He killed her.

I know Ellen likes orchids, so I'll bring those to the funeral.

#62 Mrs Pantherfan

Mrs Pantherfan

Lusting on Zod

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,793 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:12 PM

thanks for the laugh

and I prefer sunflowers or star gazer lilies

#63 GAme

GAme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:29 PM

this guy that used to work here was a steelers fan. the end

#64 Miaoww

Miaoww

• HUDDLER
  • 2,730 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:17 AM

My tale of woe:

I've worked for this company for over a year. It's 3 hours from everyone I know, but I bit the bullet in this economic climate.

Anyway, it's a Regional Office (just the two of us - myself and the boss), except my boss is the Senior Regional Manager (there are 8 regions in England) so he's in on a lot of the national decisions.

Over the last 8 months we've been in the process of applying for funding again from Sport England - which means that my manager has had a huge national focus, kicking all of the regional work to me. So I've been doing my own work and 70% of HIS regional work for no extra pay. (basically he just double checked everything I'd done on his behalf was right, then signed off on it - as I've never made a mistake he's just got into the habit of signing off on it).

So I figure it's good for the reference and he assured me that my work was getting noticed. However, there's an incompetent brown noser at Head Office (as in I have to double check everything he says because he fugs up orders etc so often) who has been at the company 6 months less than me who has just received a pay rise and a promotion over me.

Went to my manager and asked - he said it was in recognition of his hard work. I asked if, during all of his numerous meetings with the senior players, he'd mentioned how much extra work I was doing - he said it hadn't come up.

On top of all this someone else at my level (who again isn't as good at her job as me) has just taken a job elsewhere with a £10k pay rise.

TL;DR - frustrated with my job, but feeling guilty about applying elsewhere.

#65 catfang

catfang

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,625 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:44 AM

thanks for the laugh

and I prefer sunflowers or star gazer lilies

well, wtf happened?

#66 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,975 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:07 AM

well, wtf happened?

Was also gonna ask this.

#67 Mrs Pantherfan

Mrs Pantherfan

Lusting on Zod

• HUDDLER
  • 4,793 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:09 AM

It actually went really well! He didn't yell or get mad or anything. My last day is February 28 :)

as I walked down the stairs..and sat in front of him..I seriously thought my heart was going to beat out of my chest..

Posted Image

I feel soooooooooo much better now!

#68 catfang

catfang

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,625 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:21 AM

It actually went really well! He didn't yell or get mad or anything. My last day is February 28 :)

as I walked down the stairs..and sat in front of him..I seriously thought my heart was going to beat out of my chest..

Posted Image

I feel soooooooooo much better now!

Congrats!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com