65 replies to this topic

#46 AlabamaPanther

AlabamaPanther

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationBirmingham, Al

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

Smitty said he would be on NFL Network later this week, but did not know what he would be doing. Marc proceeds to say that he has been on a couple of times and would call his "connection" to get that info for Smitty. Basically Smitty said "Oh, cool. Me and my agent will wait for that info from you." Hope that was clearer.

#47 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,269 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:27 PM

Smith taking a steady radio gig makes me wonder if he's starting to ponder his post-football options.

To his credit, he managed to keep from punching QCB in the face.

#48 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,072 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

WFNZ host takes issue to Cam's leadership.

Smitty: "Cam is learning, we all have to learn, it's a growing process Steve then goes on to say injuries have played a part in his inability to win games." Losing kalil etc....

Figures he would attack Cam's so called leadership skills and not question the leadership skills of the grown men on the Panthers. And one wonders why this team is where they are at.

Also, seems like these small town media folks get their talking points from the ESPN?NFLN world. Do they even know who Cam really is?

#49 Catfight84

Catfight84

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:11 PM

Smittys always had an interest in radio. I interned for the page in 04 and he was always wanting to know how things worked around the studio. He also always requested munchkins from dunkin donuts. Hated for someone to open the doors for him on his broken leg.

#50 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,366 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:11 PM

Smith taking a steady radio gig makes me wonder if he's starting to ponder his post-football options.

It's just something he's going to do during the offseason.

#51 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,098 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

If Steve Smith wants Hue, Hue will be our new OC.

I figure they'll formally announce this evening or maybe tomorrow morning.

This ain't 2005. What 89 wants now....simply doesn't carry the weight of years ago. Panthers are more concerned about #1 than #89....and should be

#52 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 8,159 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

This ain't 2005. What 89 wants now....simply doesn't carry the weight of years ago. Panthers are more concerned about #1 than #89....and should be

I still think that if Hue wanted to interview and did. He will get the job. What other candidates are as qualified as him that have interviewed so far. Who else do they plan on interviewing. It's pretty much a done deal at this point, unless Rivera and Hue's personalities clash

#53 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• HUDDLER
  • 6,589 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

My post was made about 65% in jest. But I agree with you.

But I do think Hue will be announced within days. Unless he tanked the interview by talking in the 3rd person or something like that.

#54 ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

Insane Racist Moron

• HUDDLER
  • 6,147 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

I would pay money....good, hard earned, worthless american money.....to watch that happen.

#55 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,098 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

My post was made about 65% in jest. But I agree with you.

But I do think Hue will be announced within days. Unless he tanked the interview by talking in the 3rd person or something like that.

I got no beef with Hue pending he uses all Cam has to offer. Also doesn't ignore the rest of his cards he is dealt.

Chud was pretty much full of poo with his....you must adapt to your personel bologna as he went to Clev. Chud basically just rode Cam and Cam's highlight reel got him praise. Situationally Chud sucks.

#56 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:39 PM

If Smitty wants Hue... Then Rivera/Gettleman SIGN THE MAN!!!!

One of my an inferior site friends saw Hue in the airport and talked to him about the Panthers

#57 CBDellinger

CBDellinger

CAMdamonium!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:43 PM

One of my an inferior site friends saw Hue in the airport and talked to him about the Panthers

Details?!

#58 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

Details?!

Here's a link to his talk with Mr. Jackson (he even has phot evidence so it's not a fake)

http://www.catscratchreader.com/2013/1/14/3877010/hue-jacksons-unofficial-interview-from-the-swamp

#59 CBDellinger

CBDellinger

CAMdamonium!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:50 PM

Nice! Appears he handled meeting him well. Did t pry too much and didn't nerd out on him.

#60 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

Nice! Appears he handled meeting him well. Did t pry too much and didn't nerd out on him.

Exactly! Wasn't one of those nagging fans running up to him and yelling "YOU SHOULD BE DA PANTHERS OFFENSIVE COACH"..

I probably wouldn't have handled it as well as he did I just would've walked up and said "Cam would look real good in your offense" then followed it up with "COME TO THE PANTHERS" lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.