Photo
- - - - -

Wtf Is This Relationship We Have With The Browns?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#16 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,090 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

It's like when you're broke so you feel more comfortable hangin out with other broke people. We are two shitty franchises, so neither one of us has a superiority complex when we meet up.

#17 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 8,673 posts

Then we'd have to have dumped Ernie Accorsi.

He spent about 8 years in Cleveland.

No no no... not from Browns AT ALL

Straight from the Browns. That means Browns, and then next step is Charlotte. Banned

#18 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,510 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

I think Rivera realizes that when you hire your friends (Rather than hiring the best person for.the job) you get a sht product most of the time.

#19 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,793 posts

"WTF is this relationship we have with the Browns?"

Unnatural

#20 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 34,811 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

One quick word to the folks who want to avoid anyone who's spent any time whatsoever with Cleveland,

Hope none of you are fans of this guy...

Posted Image

He spent about seven years coaching there.

#21 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 34,811 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

No no no... not from Browns AT ALL

Straight from the Browns. That means Browns, and then next step is Charlotte. Banned

Your original post...

JR needs to ban everything Browns related in our organization

Shurmur is the only recent Browns coach we're looking at right now. Could be more later. They do have some good people on the recent staff.

Again, I don't want Shurmur, but it's system related, not about his employer for the last two years.

And if it's guilt by association, Hue Jackson was fired by the Raiders and most recently was with the Bengals (ugh).

#22 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,088 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:05 PM

rip scherer was brought in from the browns, and our QBs immediately started to play like poo

#23 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

Wasnt the qb coach who fugged up Delhomme from the Browns too?

#24 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

rip scherer was brought in from the browns, and our QBs immediately started to play like poo

exactly

#25 Ruff

Ruff

Formerly Know As RufftownRepresent

• HUDDLER
  • 5,614 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

Shurmur and Rivera worked together with the Eagles for five years.

Chris Tabor used to be Dave Toub's assistant in Chicago. Rivera looked at him last year but we wound up with Murphy instead and he wound up in Cleveland.

Most of the Browns current assistants were somewhere else prior to joining Shurmur's staff in 2011.

People act like these guys never coached anywhere but Cleveland :rolleyes:

I think he means more like, Jeff Davidson, Rip Scherer, Derek Anderson, etc. Not necessarily just the guys that are being mentioned now.

#26 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 34,811 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

I think he means more like, Jeff Davidson, Rip Scherer, Derek Anderson, etc. Not necessarily just the guys that are being mentioned now.

Anderson being here was a direct result of Chudzinski. Technically so were Greg Olsen and Jeremy Shockey, so we can't exactly say he was all bad.

(honestly the whole notion that you can't pull good people from bad teams is kind of silly)

Again, it's more perception than reality. The next guy with a Browns connection that the team hires will be the only one (unless more are hired).

#27 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 11,177 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

Mr. Scot, defender of all things Cleveland Browns.

#28 RelaxImaPro

RelaxImaPro

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,870 posts
  • LocationThe Moon

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

#29 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 34,811 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:11 PM

Mr. Scot, defender of all things Cleveland Browns.

Hardly. I think the Browns are terrible and probably will continue to be so unless Jimmy Haslam makes some pretty radical changes (which could happen, but I don't think he's off to a very good start).

What I'm arguing against is this goofball notion that just because someone was part of a bad organization, they themselves are automatically bad by association. Using that logic, Calvin Johnson must suck because he's part of the Lions. Likewise Joe Thomas since he plays for the Browns. And of course, Bill Cowher can't possibly be a good coach because he spent a load of his coaching career in (dun dun dun) Cleveland.

Most coaching prospects have been with multiple teams over the course of their careers; some bad, some good. You gotta be able to look at individual performance rather than just making assumptions based on where they come from.

Making that kind of assumption is just lazy analysis.

#30 Stroupe-a-loop

Stroupe-a-loop

SeƱor Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,300 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

I'm not seeing a big connection. We are talking to Shurmur and the special teams coach. They've actually had good special teams over the years, so it's not like he's sucked at his job. The whole Chud and Anderson thing doesn't really make sense because they were both other places prior to coming here (SD and ARI). What else? Davidson a while ago? I'm not really seeing it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.