Photo
- - - - -

Wtf Is This Relationship We Have With The Browns?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 FastNFurious

FastNFurious

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:14 PM

At least the Browns have a championship....LOL

#32 Stroupe-a-loop

Stroupe-a-loop

Señor Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:14 PM

What I'm arguing against is this goofball notion that just because someone was part of a bad organization, they themselves are automatically bad by association. Using that logic, Calvin Johnson must suck because he's part of the Lions. Likewise Joe Thomas since he plays for the Browns. And of course, Bill Cowher can't possibly be a good coach because he spent a load of his coaching career in (dun dun dun) Cleveland.

Bellichick failed in Cleveland. And he ended up being pretty good at the whole coaching football players thing.

#33 janosha

janosha

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

Western Carolina BBQ gives me the Carolina Browns. yea I said it.

Dillsboro BBQ had me running to el Baño durning my college years.

#34 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,400 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

Hardly. I think the Browns are terrible and probably will continue to be so unless Jimmy Haslam makes some pretty radical changes (which could happen, but I don't think he's off to a very good start).

What I'm arguing against is this goofball notion that just because someone was part of a bad organization, they themselves are automatically bad by association. Using that logic, Calvin Johnson must suck because he's part of the Lions. Likewise Joe Thomas since he plays for the Browns. And of course, Bill Cowher can't possibly be a good coach because he spent a load of his coaching career in (dun dun dun) Cleveland.

Most coaching prospects have been with multiple teams over the course of their careers; some bad, some good. You gotta be able to look at individual performance rather than just making assumptions based on where they come from.

Making that kind of assumption is just lazy analysis.

Just ribbing you a bit.

I could care less where they coached, I want to see success in a body of work. Plain and simple, Shurmur sucks.

#35 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 6,991 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

two bad organizations shuffling deck furniture on the titanic

#36 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,034 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

Just ribbing you a bit.

I could care less where they coached, I want to see success in a body of work. Plain and simple, Shurmur sucks.

I don't want Shurmur either.

#37 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,300 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:30 PM

Hardly. I think the Browns are terrible and probably will continue to be so unless Jimmy Haslam makes some pretty radical changes (which could happen, but I don't think he's off to a very good start).

Most coaching prospects have been with multiple teams over the course of their careers; some bad, some good. You gotta be able to look at individual performance rather than just making assumptions based on where they come from.

Making that kind of assumption is just lazy analysis.

Cowher may have been in Cleveland, but that's when it was what is currently the Raven's organization the team that's in the (dun dun dun) playoffs. Its like if the Bobcats changed their name back to the Hornets saying they were the same organization when they're not.

Post 1995 Cleveland has always sucked.

#38 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,106 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:43 PM

Greg Roman worked for the losing franchise known as the Carolina Panthers. He is doing pretty well in SF. So are Vic Fangio and Geep Chryst.

#39 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:47 PM

You see I would hate the hire, not because of the Cleveland thing, but because Shurmur has never been that great. Also most of his experience is with WCO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com